Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:24:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Your magic moment
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your magic moment  (Read 3603 times)
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2003, 10:17:15 PM »

Your chance to share! Tell us the time when you most keenly felt the presence of God with you. What happened, and why was it special to you?

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 05:59:11 PM »

When things were at their worst...
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 10:36:53 PM »

No one has had any magic moments? You can't be serious!

Alfie

Jesus is Our Bridge Over Troubled Waters

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2003, 02:33:18 AM »

Whitehorse,

I'm still pondering over this one. Sometimes I feel a closeness to our Lord when I look to the heavens and see the blue skies, the fluffy clouds or feel his strength in the mountains which he has created.

Other times I feel a closeness or tie to the spiritual realm through the eyes of an animal when I realize how connected we all our to our maker. Now that's a hard one to explain.

However, in times of strife or as Symphony has said at the worst times when we pray so very hard and ask for His help. We later look back at these hard times and come to the realization that the poem, Footprints, kind of says it all: "It was then that I carried you".

Alfie

God Bless the Beasts and the Children  
for they are truly the Innocents, and
         the Sweetest of Spirits.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2003, 04:35:40 AM »

The day I got saved. Ask my wife Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2003, 04:46:11 AM »

The day I got saved. Ask my wife

Amen and amen.  

God is most real when I am most dead.

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2003, 05:52:19 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

I felt the closest to God hundreds of times on the street as a police officer during times that I felt I had little chance to live and inadequate to handle the situation. However, there was no choice but to try, and I'm positive that God gave me strength and wisdom during those moments. I was completely alone, except for God, during most of those moments.

The best magic moments involved two near-death experiences in the hospital in 1998. God and my family were with me, so I wasn't alone. These two moments differ from the others in that my skill, strength, or ability would have nothing to do with the outcome. It wasn't me with a gun or some other police tool, it was a probable fatal illness, the skill of doctors and nurses, the prayers of my family, my prayers, and the mercy and will of God. I'm positive the primary influence was God. God was again the focus when I was to report to a wheelchair and not be able to walk. God allowed me to go back to police work long enough to finish raising my children.

I can tell you that your thinking changes dramatically when you don't think you are going to live. The list of trivial things you think are important mean absolutely nothing. Very simple things cause the greatest enjoyment. Giving thanks to our Lord and Saviour becomes more than just something you are supposed to do. Another world opens and you see the majesty of HIS creation. Your life is changed.

In Christ.

Alfie

Jesus is Our Bridge Over Troubled Waters

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2003, 06:12:37 PM »

Blackeyedpeas,

Thank you for sharing. I personally thank you and what you have given to make the world a better place; it is appreciated by so many.

Secondly, your near death experiences do fascinate me. I have read several books on this topic, and found all to be fascinating. I guess the question I want to ask you is if you would want to elaborate on anything that happened to you during your near death experiences?

I have read that many see a white light and a tunnel and they feel themselves going towards the light which such love and peace. I have read that others seemingly have an out of the body experience wherein they are aware they are floating (in a spiritual form ) above their physical bodies.

From what I understand a lot of people to whom this has happened find themselves to be somewhat gifted afterwards with a psychic nature after this experience.

In fact, in read an article in the Reader's Digest just recently relating to this same subject. Previously, the white light experienc (scientific explanation) was a result of a part of the brain hallucinating. However, there is now evidence to dispute the scientific theory whereas making a more spiritual confirmed existence of the hereafter.

This was due to a person that had an OBE (out of body experience) when she was completely brain dead. Hence, no brain activity, no hallucination. This one will have to make our scientific community stand up and admit that something else is going on here (something of a spiritual nature) which just can't be medically explained away as it had been previously.

Blessings to you and your family,

Alfie

God Bless the Beasts and the Children  
for they are truly the Innocents, and
         the Sweetest of Spirits.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2003, 08:01:08 PM »

My magic moments are many, mostly small or "insignificant", and probably largely unnoticed by me.

The ones I do experience and am aware of, while I rarely several days later remember details, I always remember subconsciously exclaiming to myself, "Hmm.  How very interesting.  There's the item just when I needed it.  Or the thought I wanted to once again review.  Or the next deed I needed to work on."

I rarely remember the exact magic moment--unless I make a deliberate note; I just remember it's fluid working, almost as if something else were working through me, and I was on automatic pilot.

It's a nice "feeling".  I guess some call it "being in your element".

And not all the magic moments for me were necessarily "postive".  Some were even confrontational, uncomfortable, or tense.  But you just had an awareness that you were "in tune", that something else was at work.

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2003, 10:48:32 PM »

BEP, I admire your fortitude. How have you been, by the way? I still pray every day, but you know that already. That's amazing. Have you thought of publishing a book on your experiences? Thank you so much for sharing your story. It's very powerful.

Alfie, I understand what you are saying. I get that when I hike. Every step is an act of worship to me. Or sitting on an ethereal mountain peak, where the air is misty, cool, and silent. It's like heaven. But some things are too hard to explain. Like the night my spouse and I were walking at night and we saw the Northern Lights--and this was the part that really got me--there was a huge meteor shower at the same time, right through the Northern Lights. What are the chances.  It was unforgettable.

My own magic moment. Hm. It's hard deciding which to share. I'd have to say the day I asked the Lord for a sign that an enemy for whom I'd suffered a great deal would be saved (because I almost never ask for signs, but I was so anxious for this) and received what I asked for a couple of days later. There are so many ways in which God makes Himself manifest when we need Him that it's hard to pick one.

Symphony, tell us more if you'd like. Do you believe it's the Holy Spirit?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2003, 08:14:55 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Alfie,

I'll have to disappoint you and tell you that I didn't experience anything like what has been written or told about. I had horrendous pain and seizures, so they filled me full of morphine and I'm not sure what else. I really didn't know what happened during the worst of it. The doctors told my wife I had no more than 48 hours to live if they didn't find the right treatment. I don't call it luck that they found the right treatment. I do remember seeing all sorts of strange things with lights that all have reasonable explanations (i.e. operating room). They were also concerned that some of the medication they had to give me would make me blind.

I wonder if some of those accounts are due to mega doses of medication and hallucinations. I did have some hallucinations and a time when I couldn't see clearly. I had some times that I was scared and some other times that I really didn't care whether I lived or not. I did wish to provide for my children in college, and I dearly love my wife and family. However, I'm also a Christian, and I know where my home will be, WITH CHRIST.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2003, 08:44:32 AM »

BEP, I admire your fortitude. How have you been, by the way? I still pray every day, but you know that already. That's amazing. Have you thought of publishing a book on your experiences? Thank you so much for sharing your story. It's very powerful.

I sincerely appreciate your prayers. I have my ups and downs, but I try really hard to maintain a positive and thankful attitude. I know that real power is from and through God. As a Christian, I felt a calling to spend my life as a police officer. I had many opportunities to help people at their very worst and in times of crisis. I would like to finish my life in helping people in whatever capacity God allows me to.

If I write something, it won't be about me. I would really like to write Bible tracts and material to witness to others. I'm trying to improve my writing skills, but I feel that I have a long way to go. I am working on a web ministry, and God is using it regardless of my lack of skill. Who knows, maybe God can use a few plain talking "bull in the china closet" types like me.  Cheesy Regardless, I'm enjoying the attempt.

In Christ.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2003, 09:41:56 AM »

Thanks, bep.

Yep, WH, it's the Holy Spirit.  It's not whether the Holy Spirit is "moving" or working in us;  it's whether we're walking in Him.
So apparently, those sporadic moments when I experience that, doesn't say much for the way I spend all the rest of my NO GOOD, FREAKIN', LOUSY, GOOD FOR NOTHIN.....*oops*--getting carried away here.  Sorry.  Pardon me...

...hehe...

Undecided

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2003, 07:57:49 PM »

Thanks, bep.

Yep, WH, it's the Holy Spirit.  It's not whether the Holy Spirit is "moving" or working in us;  it's whether we're walking in Him.
So apparently, those sporadic moments when I experience that, doesn't say much for the way I spend all the rest of my NO GOOD, FREAKIN', LOUSY, GOOD FOR NOTHIN.....*oops*--getting carried away here.  Sorry.  Pardon me...

...hehe...

Undecided

Oklahoma Howdy to Symphony,

I think that a lot of people come here for encouragement and fellowship and they get it. Folks like you, Whitehorse, and many others on Christians Unite are very positive, uplifting people. There are many sweet Christians here who post and really don't know how much help and comfort they give to their Christian brothers and sisters.

I really appreciate Admin. providing this place for Christian Fellowship.

In Christ.

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2003, 11:07:26 AM »

BEP, your writing skills are fine. I say go for it. If you commit the dream to the Lord, He will see you every step of the way. In fact, maybe this is the gift He wants you to have.

I am so sorry for all you've had to go through. That is just heartbreaking. But I'm glad you made it through. Look how much you gave society.

Symphony, it sounds like you're discouraged. If it helps, I know the feeling, and a lot of people I know are going through it, too. A lot of my family members are going through it, too. But if it helps any, God often works behind-the-scenes. Often we can't see what He is doing, or even how He uses us, until just the right time. It's often like a game of Pente. Have you ever played it? There's a grid, and you have some colored stones, and so does your opponent, and you place your stones at the "x" of the intersecting lines. The object is to get five stones in a row without being blocked, and as the game progresses, lines are strewn across the board. Finally you see your opponent smile; he's got four in a row in two spots and you can't block both in one move...

But that's when you look over and find your own four in a row that got built without intention, just through the practice of placing stones over the grid, and it's your turn. You smile back and place your fifth stone. You've just won the game, and neither you nor your opponent knew it. And that's how God works, I'm finding. Even when you don't see it, you are having an impact. And there's nothing the devil can do to stop God's plans for you.

But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you and keep you from evil. 2Thessalonians 3:3

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the