Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:29:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286802 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  UNDERSTANDING OUR PLACE IN HIM
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: UNDERSTANDING OUR PLACE IN HIM  (Read 2309 times)
teddybear
« on: July 18, 2003, 06:42:56 AM »

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT OF FAITH..
                                                      1 TIMOTHY 6;12

If there is a fight to faith,then there are enemies to faith or hindrances to faith.We are looking at vital subjects where a lack of understanding can hinder your faith.

Romans 10;17-So then faith cometh by hearing,and hearing by the word of God.

A lack of knowledge of God's Word is the greatest hindrance to faith.Naturally,if faith comes by hearing the Word of God as Romans 10;17 says;then it follows that a lack of hearing and understanding God's Word-produces a lack of faith.
We sometimes hear Christians praying for faith. Actually,they are not dealing with the problem correctly,because faith comes by hearing,and hearing by the Word of God. In order to receive faith it is knowledge that we need-a knowledge of the Wordof God. If we receive knowledge of God's,we will have faith.And if we don't receive knowledge of God's Word,we won't ever have faith,because faith cometh by hearing,and hearing by the Word of God.Our faith grows as our understanding of the Word of God grows.

God Bless.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2003, 07:43:07 AM »

1 TIMOTHY 6;12

If there is a fight to faith,then there are enemies to faith or hindrances to faith.We are looking at vital subjects where a lack of understanding can hinder your faith.

A lack of knowledge of God's Word is the greatest hindrance to faith.Naturally,if faith comes by hearing the Word of God as Romans 10;17 says;then it follows that a lack of hearing and understanding God's Word-produces a lack of faith.
We sometimes hear Christians praying for faith. Actually,they are not dealing with the problem correctly,because faith comes by hearing,and hearing by the Word of God. In order to receive faith it is knowledge that we need-a knowledge of the Wordof God. If we receive knowledge of God's,we will have faith.And if we don't receive knowledge of God's Word,we won't ever have faith,because faith cometh by hearing,and hearing by the Word of God.Our faith grows as our understanding of the Word of God grows.

God Bless.

Amen

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2003, 10:50:03 AM »

1 TIMOTHY 6;12

God Bless.

teddybear,

This is an excellent point you have made!

The only way, one can know if he be in the same Faith of Abraham, is to have it tested and,

I am not sure, if this can be done by oneself...

A am sure, it can be done by others or circumstances which bring calamady's into our lives.

But the point you have made is that of wisdom, which also, a gift given by God, as part of being perfectly equipped untyo all good works.

James 1
2  My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
3  Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
4  But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

The purpose for possessing wisdom is to use it as a measuring instrument, to ascertain if  one is lined up with the benchmark of Gods will, since wisdom produces understanding  to work the works of God, and believe Him.

The end result of "lack of faith, wisdom and understanding", is founded in the ability to be decieved, this is why scripture tells us need not to be as,  

Children being swept to and fro by every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; (Eph 4:14)

To be not deceived is actually a Command by the Lord himself.
(Mat 24:4), I say this because the Apostle says, the following;

Eph 5
6  Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7  Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

So, if one be deceived it is not because God, deceived him, it is because he allowed himself to be deceived and, God's recompense is

God is the one that send strong delusion to them that believe not and perish, they seek approval of what they believe by teaching it to them they perceive as being of God, and those that allow themselves to be snared, do so against God's will.

2 Th 2
3  Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4  Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
5  Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6  And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7  For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8  And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9  Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10  And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

This is why, we must share the truth, with even them who claim to be of God, that they may consider whether they be in the FAITH..

God Bless,  

Petro

aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2003, 08:46:52 PM »

In order to believe with the heart, we must HEAR with the heart and that is a function of the Holy Spirit. (1 John 2:20,27)
Correct?
aw
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2003, 10:22:45 PM »

In order to believe with the heart, we must HEAR with the heart and that is a function of the Holy Spirit. (1 John 2:20,27)
Correct?
aw

aw,

Amen,

Sometimes, I have to remind myself of this point.

Thanks..

Blessings,

Petro

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2003, 07:43:16 PM »

Another verse I thought of today was;

Proverbs 1
7  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 2
29  For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
30  They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
31  Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
32  For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.
33  But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.
2:1  My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
2  So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
3  Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
4  If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
5  Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
6  For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

God Bless,

Petro

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the