Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:47:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Expense of Holding License In Ministry
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Expense of Holding License In Ministry  (Read 1682 times)
LackingInspiration

Wonder

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2005, 11:09:38 AM »

Heh,

I was just wondering if anyone in the ministry as a missionary
has to pay hundreds of dollars to be what God called them to be. I know Accountablity is important, but I also believe God
gives us a break to get it together.
I may have to turn my license in, because I can't handle the
expense of having one.

Things are so different now.  I have been in the ministry since 1983 with my missionary license and I don't know if
I can financially continue giving my present circumstances.

Can anyone hear what I'm saying. I am older now and not physically in the shape I should be in. Neither is my dh.

Your comments do matter, please post to me.

LackingInspiration

Should Living for Christ be a life of suffering?
"I come that you might have life and that more
abundantly."
Baastetnoir

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 10:05:47 PM »

I dont understand why you need a degree to do God's work ?

Your accountability is to GOD, not degrees on a frame... maybe the reason why you dont have money to go forward is the way God has to show you that you dont need those papers... The Apostles didnt need degrees..., right ?

M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 07:43:00 PM »

I do not understand what a missionary license is.  Is this required by your denomination or by your country's government?

If you are doing such needed work for your church, why are they making you pay to do it?  I volunteer for many activities at my church that I do not get paid for.  I expect them to pay for a reasonable amount of supplies and I pay for my own carfare and food while I am working at the church.  If you can not afford to keep working for free and they still need you to work, why can't they help you out.  I know someone will give me a ride or lunch if I am in a situation that is difficult.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 08:23:08 PM »

I know that some states require a Ministerial license. In some states it is issued by the state, in others it is issued by the church or through the church. I believe it is this the same for Missionaries. In the state I live in now there is no "license" per se. All you need is a church to ordain you.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 10:23:29 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

A license in many states is required as a preventative measure in an attempt to slow down the many thousands of cases of fraud, scams, and con games. By many thousands, I'm talking about per each individual state. I might add that many of the victims are Christians, and the money sent to criminals is money the Lord's work won't get.

It's very unfortunate that missionaries around the world have trouble getting support because of massive amounts of the same problem: fraud, con games, and scams to separate big hearted people from their money. Most missionaries work under a sponsoring or supporting organization to avoid these problems. It's very sad that many of the con artists sound and look legitimate.

Most churches and mission organizations would rather pay the license fees than risk having supporters question whether they are sending their donations to criminals. This isn't just a small and occasional problem, rather one that is massive and frequent. I might add that the license or permit fees that most states charge does not cover all of the expenses born by the state or licensing organization in checking the information and maintaining it in some sort of meaningful way to weed out the criminals.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Hebrews 4:12-16 ASV  For the word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and quick to discern the thoughts and intents of the heart.  And there is no creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and laid open before the eyes of him with whom we have to do.  Having then a great high priest, who hath passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.  For we have not a high priest that cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but one that hath been in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.  Let us therefore draw near with boldness unto the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy, and may find grace to help us in time of need.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the