Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:35:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Books (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  the worst book I ever read!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: the worst book I ever read!  (Read 4291 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2005, 06:29:49 PM »

Where as the Left Behind books seek to win people for Christ

How many people have been saved by reading the Left Behind books?

I would imagine that the writer is responsible for more people coming to Christ than those who make fun of his books.

Wow, I am appalled that you think a series of books and two authors can be responsible for the fate of the souls of all the people who read these books and are "saved" (a term which, by the way, I hate).

Sapphire,

Huh  Huh

I'm not appalled at anything, and I know that many people have been pointed to Christ with these books.Yes - I think that God used these books. Nothing was said about everyone reading these books becoming Saved.

Just curious - what's your objection to the term "Saved"? I absolutely love the term and what it means, so I'm certain that I will continue using it.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:8  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2005, 01:53:04 AM »

I have to interject with the saved thing. While I do not "hate" the word, as Sapph said he does, I do understand where he is coming from with this. Hear us out on this. I feel it doesn’t fully cover what is means to become a Christian. So many people get saved, thinking it is the end. Oh, no, as I’m sure you agree Tom, salvation is only the beginning, of a very, very long journey, one that will not doubt last into eternity. I think that is all Japemp is trying to say here. I think he is wrong to "hate" the term, but I understand what he means. Smiley

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2005, 09:33:07 AM »

I'm not appalled at anything, and I know that many people have been pointed to Christ with these books.

I guess my objection comes more with this line than any other: I would imagine that the writer is responsible for more people coming to Christ than those who make fun of his books.

To say that any human is "responsible" for the souls of others is just strange to me and offensive to God. Do you think he'd let an imperfect people such as us determine who goes to heaven or hell? The authors are responsible for no one; the people being "saved" are responsible for themselves.

Just curious - what's your objection to the term "Saved"?

It's just so...churchy. It's one of those terms among many (such as "born-again," being a "believer," etc.) that kind of makes everything feel fake. I don't have any preferred terms; I kind of think that it would be difficult to accurately describe being "saved" without sounding churchy. I guess it's not a bad thing, it's just so cliche.  
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2005, 10:10:33 AM »

I'm not appalled at anything, and I know that many people have been pointed to Christ with these books.

I guess my objection comes more with this line than any other: I would imagine that the writer is responsible for more people coming to Christ than those who make fun of his books.

To say that any human is "responsible" for the souls of others is just strange to me and offensive to God. Do you think he'd let an imperfect people such as us determine who goes to heaven or hell? The authors are responsible for no one; the people being "saved" are responsible for themselves.

Just curious - what's your objection to the term "Saved"?

It's just so...churchy. It's one of those terms among many (such as "born-again," being a "believer," etc.) that kind of makes everything feel fake. I don't have any preferred terms; I kind of think that it would be difficult to accurately describe being "saved" without sounding churchy. I guess it's not a bad thing, it's just so cliche.  

Sapphire,

God uses imperfect people, books, films, Bible tracts, and all kinds of other media every day to reach the lost.

Ref. the terms of Salvation, it sounds like you're having a bad hair day.  Cheesy  If you come up with a term that you like, by all means use it.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 103:15  As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2005, 01:26:32 PM »

God uses imperfect people, books, films, Bible tracts, and all kinds of other media every day to reach the lost.

You are right, BEP. You are totally right. But left Behind is about as Biblical as The DV Code!  Undecided

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the