Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:35:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Books (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  the worst book I ever read!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the worst book I ever read!  (Read 4292 times)
TEXASGRANDMA

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2005, 04:14:34 PM »

Thank you both for making fun of me.  ALways nice to be kicked by a fellow Christian.  There is a big difference between the Da Vinci Code and the Left Behind.  Left Behind is a fiction book with Bible truths.  It does not claim to be anything but fiction.  Da Vinci Code is a fiction book that claims to be facts.  You can make fun of the Left Behind books all you want, but one day the rapture will take place an no one will be making fun any more.  Now go find someone else to discourage.
betty

hugs and prayers,
Betty
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2005, 04:31:22 PM »

We arn't making fun of anything, Betty. I am not a believer in the most of what the books say (as it is not biblical) and I find Lehaye's implication to the contrary to be offencive. Lehaye based most of his "facts" on outside sources, just like The D Code. Both are equally non-biblican, the only differnce is the D Code what written by an anti-Christian author, and LB was written by something tryign to market of Christians.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
TEXASGRANDMA

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2005, 04:49:40 PM »

Where as the Left Behind books seek to win people for Christ the DaVinci code questions the Deity of Christ.  How many people have been saved by reading the Left Behind books?  I would imagine that the writer is responsible for more people coming to Christ than those who make fun of his books.
I think the books are great and feel they are great way to get people to read God's Word.  What do you say is in the books is not ture?  The rapture, the plaques that Revelations talk about?  What exactly do you have trouble with the books?
betty

hugs and prayers,
Betty
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2005, 05:51:27 PM »

The rapture is not biblical. It is a theory that someone invented WAY after the bible was compiled. Everything in Left Behind is from a few scholars geuss of how the End times might turn out, and Tim Lehaye is a doomsayer and a anti-catholic nut trying to profit off the Good Evangelical Christian people of the world, and their fixation on the end times.

Most of what he wote was gained from outside sources, just like the D Code.

I know of no one who has come to the lord as a result of reading Left Behind.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2005, 06:26:39 PM »

The rapture is not biblical. It is a theory that someone invented WAY after the bible was compiled. Everything in Left Behind is from a few scholars geuss of how the End times might turn out, and Tim Lehaye is a doomsayer and a anti-catholic nut trying to profit off the Good Evangelical Christian people of the world, and their fixation on the end times.

Most of what he wote was gained from outside sources, just like the D Code.

I know of no one who has come to the lord as a result of reading Left Behind.

Tibby,

This would simply be your opinion, one that I disagree with completely. The Rapture is and always has been 100% Biblical. You are of course welcome to disagree, but that won't change the absolute fact of the Rapture. There are numerous threads already on the forum that prove this completely, so you are most welcome to attempt to refute them.

1 Thessalonians 4:13  But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

1 Thessalonians 4:14  For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

1 Thessalonians 4:15  For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

1 Thessalonians 4:16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1 Thessalonians 4:17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1 Thessalonians 4:18  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

HINT:  The above is the Rapture.

Love in Christ,
Tom

II Timothy 4:8  Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2005, 06:36:08 PM »

These verse refer to the second coming. The Rapture referrers to being taken up before the coming of Jesus, as the Left Behind books teach. I believe this is a false doctrine.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2005, 06:57:51 PM »

These verse refer to the second coming. The Rapture referrers to being taken up before the coming of Jesus, as the Left Behind books teach. I believe this is a false doctrine.

Brother Tibby,

Here's another hint that should help you understand. The Second Coming of Christ and the Rapture are two separate events.

For the Second Coming, JESUS will come all the way down to the earth.

For the Rapture, we will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air.

These are two very real and separate events. Trying to make them one event is not Biblical, and the attempt confuses many people. Again, you are most welcome to disagree, but the Holy Bible is very clear on this subject. I'm certain that it is impossible, Biblically, to make these two separate and distinct events one, so I will disagree with you completely.

So, I would have to say the opposite: denying that the Rapture will take place is false doctrine.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 3:9  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2005, 07:08:05 PM »

We both agree and disagree. I do agree that the Rapture and the Second coming are 2 different event, I just do not believe the Rapture is a real event. We will be taken up during the second coming. The Rapture, especially the pre-trib rapture taught in Left Behind, is unbiblical. The verses used to explain the Rapture, are, for the most part, talking about what will happen the second coming. Smiley

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2005, 07:47:42 PM »

We both agree and disagree. I do agree that the Rapture and the Second coming are 2 different event, I just do not believe the Rapture is a real event. We will be taken up during the second coming. The Rapture, especially the pre-trib rapture taught in Left Behind, is unbiblical. The verses used to explain the Rapture, are, for the most part, talking about what will happen the second coming. Smiley

Brother Tibby,

I would say that we completely disagree, and that's fine. We won't be arguing about it in Heaven. We can simply agree to disagree. I also firmly believe in the Pre-Tribulation Rapture, but that is not a Salvation issue. So, we can agree to disagree on this issue also. You are certainly welcome to your opinion, just don't come down so hard on those who disagree with you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 5:24  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

TEXASGRANDMA

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2005, 07:48:06 PM »

The Rapture and the Second Coming are two events.  In the Rapture we are taken up to Heaven, in the Second Coming we come back with Jesus on white horses.

The books are not anit-Catholic either.  The Catholics believe that there will be an evil Pope in the future, themselves.  It is in the Catholic writings.  When the Rapture takes place ANYONE who is left behind will be because they are unsaved.  That includes Baptist, Assembly of God, and Catholics.  Yes, there are many Catholics who are Christians just like there are many who claim to be Baptist who are not saved.  When the rapture takes place those who do not believe in the rapture will believe then, if they are saved.
betty

hugs and prayers,
Betty
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2005, 08:26:39 PM »

Yes, Tom, this is one of those things that has no bearing on our entrance into Heaven.

I am very sorry if I offened you early, TG. That was nto what I meant to do. But I never said the books where anti-catholic, I said Tim Lehaye was anti-Catholic, which he is.

However, the books version of the End-times pope is an entirely different idea from that believed by the Catholic Church. When he wrote about the Pope joining the Anti-Christ, he did not follow the Prophecies of St. Malachy, which teach the 112th pope will be the Anti-Christ, as the Catholic Church believes. Oh no, he wrote that the Pope was an ungodly man who helps the Anti-Christ. The Teaching of Tim Lehaye is TOTALLY different from the belief of the Papal anti-Christ that is held but the Catholics. He did not base his version of the Pope in Left Behind on Catholic douctrine, he based it on Anti-Catholic Bias.

Either way, Tim Lehaye has recently come out saying he is thinks Catholics are not Christians.

I implore you to do a Google search on this False Prophet of a man, Tim Lehaye. What you find will shock you, as it did me. Cry

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2005, 08:33:19 PM »

http://carl-olson.com/correspondence/lahaye_finalletter.html

Carl Olson has been fighting to Evil lies like The Da Vinci Code and Left Behind for years.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2005, 11:03:01 PM »

http://carl-olson.com/correspondence/lahaye_finalletter.html

Carl Olson has been fighting to Evil lies like The Da Vinci Code and Left Behind for years.

Brother Tibby,

Again, you are simply stating your opinion. Disagreement with you does not make one evil or a heretic. There is absolutely nothing evil about believing in the Pre-Tribulation Rapture.  There is also absolutely nothing evil about believing in the Post-Tribulation Rapture or a Mid-Tribulation Rapture. This is not a Salvation issue and is simply a matter of opinion. Tibby, you shouldn't toss such words around so easily and quickly. The Left Behind books are NOT evil because Carl Olson and you say they are. I don't have a clue who Carl Olson is, and I could really care less about what he believes or doesn't believe. Brother, take a chill pill and lighten up some. I don't like bleu cheese, but that doesn't make bleu cheese evil.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Titus 2:11-14  For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2005, 11:44:15 PM »

Justgood a google search. Find out what the nay-sayers have to say about the Authors of Left Behind. You will never be about to read left behind the same again.

Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2005, 02:55:23 PM »

Where as the Left Behind books seek to win people for Christ

How many people have been saved by reading the Left Behind books?

I would imagine that the writer is responsible for more people coming to Christ than those who make fun of his books.

Wow, I am appalled that you think a series of books and two authors can be responsible for the fate of the souls of all the people who read these books and are "saved" (a term which, by the way, I hate).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the