Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:14:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Revelation 20:11-15
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Revelation 20:11-15  (Read 6283 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« on: July 16, 2003, 02:22:11 PM »

In our context we have God and "the great white throne judgment."  It's the final judg-ment before there is a new heaven and a new earth.  Only "the dead" (verse 12), will be before God at this judgment.  They make up all the unsaved.  All of these without Christ, have come to their final separation from  God.  This is called the "second death" because it follows the physical death of the lost.  At the physical death, the soul and spirit are separated from the body.  Death in the Bible is not an annihilation, but a separation.

"The second death" and "the lake of fire" are identical terms (verse 14), and refer to the eternal state of those without Christ.  "The second death" is the final separation from the presence of God.  In 11 Thessalonians 1:9, God speaks of those who rejected Him and the Lord Jesus Christ as those who "shall   be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power."

There are those who say they have already tasted "hell on earth". However, none of us can imagine what it is like to be separated from the presence of God.  Even the atheist  is soaking up God's sunshine, and breathing His air.  "God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all (1 John 1:5)."  Yet, to be cast out of His presence is to be cast into an eternal darkness.  In this outer darkness, there will be weeping an gnashing of teeth (Matthew 25:30).  There is everlasting suffering the same as there is everlasting life (Matthew 25:46).

I can't think about this final separation, with-out thinking about certain friends, and certain family members that would literally  be cast into the lake of fire for eternity.  Oh, may I do what I can to see them get saved by the Grace of God!

« Last Edit: July 16, 2003, 02:23:59 PM by Ambassador4Christ » Logged

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2003, 05:06:11 PM »

In our context we have God and "the great white throne judgment."  It's the final judg-ment before there is a new heaven and a new earth.  Only "the dead" (verse 12), will be before God at this judgment.  They make up all the unsaved.  All of these without Christ, have come to their final separation from  God.  This is called the "second death" because it follows the physical death of the lost.  At the physical death, the soul and spirit are separated from the body.  Death in the Bible is not an annihilation, but a separation.

"The second death" and "the lake of fire" are identical terms (verse 14), and refer to the eternal state of those without Christ.  "The second death" is the final separation from the presence of God.  In 11 Thessalonians 1:9, God speaks of those who rejected Him and the Lord Jesus Christ as those who "shall   be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power."

There are those who say they have already tasted "hell on earth". However, none of us can imagine what it is like to be separated from the presence of God.  Even the atheist  is soaking up God's sunshine, and breathing His air.  "God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all (1 John 1:5)."  Yet, to be cast out of His presence is to be cast into an eternal darkness.  In this outer darkness, there will be weeping an gnashing of teeth (Matthew 25:30).  There is everlasting suffering the same as there is everlasting life (Matthew 25:46).

I can't think about this final separation, with-out thinking about certain friends, and certain family members that would literally  be cast into the lake of fire for eternity.  Oh, may I do what I can to see them get saved by the Grace of God!

Amen,

The first death, is separation of body from soul, but the Great White Throne judgement, will be made by everyone in their own bodies,

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
(2Cor5:10);  

Many believe that this verse only applies to Christians, but the fact is, Jesus has been appointed the judge of the living and the dead, the dead are judge by the their works (Rev 20:12),   but notice that the book of Life is also, is  opened but no one is judged at the White Throne judgement out of this book.

As for those who are;

"soaking up God's sunshine, and breathing His air"

They can't even recognize, every breath and ray of light that bless them, is only by Gods grace;  while others would argue, this grace is proof they are saved............Imagine that??

Good Word, keep um coming.........

Blessings,

Petro

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2003, 04:15:47 AM »

Right On! Amen!

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2003, 04:18:12 AM »

Petro QUOTE:

The first death, is separation of body from soul, but the Great White Throne judgement, will be made by everyone in their own bodies,

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
(2Cor5:10);  

Many believe that this verse only applies to Christians, but the fact is, Jesus has been appointed the judge of the living and the dead, the dead are judge by the their works (Rev 20:12),  but notice that the book of Life is also, is  opened but no one is judged at the White Throne judgement out of this book.

As for those who are;

"soaking up God's sunshine, and breathing His air"

They can't even recognize, every breath and ray of light that bless them, is only by Gods grace;  while others would argue, this grace is proof they are saved............Imagine that??

Good Word, keep um coming.........

Blessings,

Petro

--------------------------

Thanks again Brother Petro, and Amen!

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2003, 12:49:13 PM »

Thanks Brothers Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2003, 04:50:29 PM »

Titus 2:11-12

One of the reasons we are instructed to study the Word of God (2Timothy 2:15) is in order that we might be instructed by it so we will know how we are to live in this present evil age.  Paul has been set forth as our example (1 Timothy 1:16; 1 Corinthians 11:1) and we are to learn from his LIFE as well as from his ministry.Yet, Paul tells us we have a better instructor.  GRACE is to be our teacher and if we listen to this teacher, we will learn that separation is essential if the Christian is to walk pleasingly before our God.

In Titus 2:11, Paul says that the grace which brought salvation has appeared for all men and this teacher instructs the saints (verse 12) to deny "ungodliness" and "worldly lusts."  To do this, there must be a separation of the believer from those activities that are so much a part of this world system.  Yet, it  is not enough for the saint just to live a
negative life, that is, one that abstains from these immoral activities. There are many unsaved individuals who also abstain from ungodly activities and worldly lusts.  Grace teaches the saint to go further than just living a NEGATIVE life.  The saint is to live a POSITIVE  life.  The saint is to do something the unsaved, but morally upright person, can not do.  The saint is to live "RIGHTEOUSLY" and "GODLY" in this present evil age.  No unsaved person can live righteously or godly.

There is much legislating of morality by many churches today, but this only produces an attitude that is negative don't do this or don't do that.  Let us separate ourselves from this negative attitude and adopt a positive attitude.  Christianity is not a doctrine to be believed, it is a life to be lived.  We, as saints, in this dispensation are to LIVE "righteously" and "GODLY."
« Last Edit: July 17, 2003, 04:53:44 PM by Ambassador4Christ » Logged

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2003, 06:30:37 PM »

Titus 2:11-12

One of the reasons we are instructed to study the Word of God (2Timothy 2:15) is in order that we might be instructed by it so we will know how we are to live in this present evil age.  Paul has been set forth as our example (1 Timothy 1:16; 1 Corinthians 11:1) and we are to learn from his LIFE as well as from his ministry.Yet, Paul tells us we have a better instructor.  GRACE is to be our teacher and if we listen to this teacher, we will learn that separation is essential if the Christian is to walk pleasingly before our God.

In Titus 2:11, Paul says that the grace which brought salvation has appeared for all men and this teacher instructs the saints (verse 12) to deny "ungodliness" and "worldly lusts."  To do this, there must be a separation of the believer from those activities that are so much a part of this world system.  Yet, it  is not enough for the saint just to live a
negative life, that is, one that abstains from these immoral activities. There are many unsaved individuals who also abstain from ungodly activities and worldly lusts.  Grace teaches the saint to go further than just living a NEGATIVE life.  The saint is to live a POSITIVE  life.  The saint is to do something the unsaved, but morally upright person, can not do.  The saint is to live "RIGHTEOUSLY" and "GODLY" in this present evil age.  No unsaved person can live righteously or godly.

There is much legislating of morality by many churches today, but this only produces an attitude that is negative don't do this or don't do that.  Let us separate ourselves from this negative attitude and adopt a positive attitude.  Christianity is not a doctrine to be believed, it is a life to be lived.  We, as saints, in this dispensation are to LIVE "righteously" and "GODLY."

A4C,

Amen, and it is the Spirit that testifies, to us thru our spirit, that we are children of God and is children then heirs with Christ, and the spirit Spirit which is of God that seals us; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Note the word things, it can't be just one thing, but ALL things, that God might be just and the justifier of them which believeon Jesus.

..........them which believe in Jesus...?? (Rom 3:26)

There are many christians, that don't believe Jesus..

And they even deny, everlasting life is everlasting.

Rom 4
16  Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

There is a mystery revealed in this verse, to Gods children..

God Bless,

Petro
« Last Edit: July 17, 2003, 08:17:52 PM by Petro » Logged

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2003, 04:09:35 AM »

Amen A4C and Petro, you both have made my day.

Thanks

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2003, 02:36:20 PM »

Concerning the conflict continually going on between the
old and new natures in the believer, St. Paul says:

"For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would" (Gal. 5:17).

Regarding this conflict in his own personal experience, he
writes:

"For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do."

"For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

"But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members" (Rom. 7:19,22,23).

It has been taught by some that we need not experience
this continual strife between the old nature and the new.
They say: "Get out of the 7th of Romans into the 8th."

We would remind such that the Apostle Paul wrote Rom-
ans 7 and Romans 8 at the same sitting; that in the original
language the letter goes right on without interruption—
without even a chapter division. Thus the same apostle who
exclaims: "There is therefore now no condemnation to them
which are in Christ Jesus" (Rom. 8:1) refers in the same
letter, only a few sentences before, and in the present tense,
to "the law of sin which IS in my members," and freely
acknowledges the present operation of that law in his mem-
bers, as we have seen above. How then shall we get out of
the 7th of Romans into the 8th? Paul experienced both at
the same time, and so do we, for while we are free from the
condemnation of sin, sin itself nevertheless continues to
work within us, and we must constantly "mortify the deeds
of the body" (Rom. 8:13).

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2003, 05:27:29 PM »

As members of the Church which is the Body of Christ, we are uniquely qualified and equip-ped for our responsibilities as proclaimers of the gospel of the grace of God. "(Christ) gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works (Titus 2:14).  But we are not left to our own devices as to how we are to perform good works.  We are instructed to"speak the things which become sound doctrine" (Titus 2:1).

The Apostle Paul defines our spiritual herit-age of separation unto service by his instruct-ions to Timothy.  "The things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.  Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ."  To  endure  hardness  as  good soldiers of Jesus Christ we are to follow the Apostle's instruction to "Put on the whole armour of God...Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth...And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, WHICH IS THE WORD OF GOD" (Ephesians 6:11, 14, 17).

And how are we to wield the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God?  BY RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH!  We are blessed with possession of the completed Word of God.  "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" (11 Timothy 3:16).  But the proper dispensing of scriptural truths depends altogether upon strict adherence to RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2003, 04:41:40 AM »

Concerning the conflict continually going on between the
old and new natures in the believer, St. Paul says:

"For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would" (Gal. 5:17).

Regarding this conflict in his own personal experience, he
writes:

"For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do."

"For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

"But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members" (Rom. 7:19,22,23).

It has been taught by some that we need not experience
this continual strife between the old nature and the new.
They say: "Get out of the 7th of Romans into the 8th."

We would remind such that the Apostle Paul wrote Rom-
ans 7 and Romans 8 at the same sitting; that in the original
language the letter goes right on without interruption—
without even a chapter division. Thus the same apostle who
exclaims: "There is therefore now no condemnation to them
which are in Christ Jesus" (Rom. 8:1) refers in the same
letter, only a few sentences before, and in the present tense,
to "the law of sin which IS in my members," and freely
acknowledges the present operation of that law in his mem-
bers, as we have seen above. How then shall we get out of
the 7th of Romans into the 8th? Paul experienced both at
the same time, and so do we, for while we are free from the
condemnation of sin, sin itself nevertheless continues to
work within us, and we must constantly "mortify the deeds
of the body" (Rom. 8:13).

Good teaching Brother

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2003, 06:15:50 AM »

THE POWER OF GODLINESS

God would have us live as His own sacred possession,
separate from this world-system, but godliness is out of
style these days. Religious leaders in ever greater number
are telling us that to win the world we must become part
of it and to win the people of the world we must fellowship
with them in the things they do and the places to which
they go. But the believer cannot impress the world by con-
forming to it. And even if he could this approach would still
be contrary to the Will of God, for His Word exhorts us:

"Be not conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by the re-
newing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and accept-
able and perfect, will of God" (Rom. 12:2).

It is true godliness, consistent separation to God from
this world, which most deeply impresses the lost to whom
we bear witness.

True godliness exerts enormous spiritual power. It causes
men to toil and sacrifice, yea to suffer and die for Christ
and for others. It exerts a profound influence upon those
with whom it comes into contact. A truly godly believer
will win the respect of other believers and by his example
encourage them to live godly lives, while at the same time
his godliness will convict the lost, so that they will either be
angered or will turn to Christ for salvation.

This is why II Tim. 3:12 says: "Yea, and all that will live
godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution." Carnal
Christians do not like to think about the word "all" in this
passage, but it is there and stands as a rebuke to their lack
of consecration to God. They have "a form of godliness" but
deny "the power thereof (II Timothy 3:5).

By Pastor C.R. Stam

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2003, 06:35:14 PM »

THE POWER OF GODLINESS

God would have us live as His own sacred possession,
separate from this world-system, but godliness is out of
style these days. Religious leaders in ever greater number
are telling us that to win the world we must become part
of it and to win the people of the world we must fellowship
with them in the things they do and the places to which
they go. But the believer cannot impress the world by con-
forming to it. And even if he could this approach would still
be contrary to the Will of God, for His Word exhorts us:

"Be not conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by the re-
newing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and accept-
able and perfect, will of God" (Rom. 12:2).

It is true godliness, consistent separation to God from
this world, which most deeply impresses the lost to whom
we bear witness.

True godliness exerts enormous spiritual power. It causes
men to toil and sacrifice, yea to suffer and die for Christ
and for others. It exerts a profound influence upon those
with whom it comes into contact. A truly godly believer
will win the respect of other believers and by his example
encourage them to live godly lives, while at the same time
his godliness will convict the lost, so that they will either be
angered or will turn to Christ for salvation.

This is why II Tim. 3:12 says: "Yea, and all that will live
godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution." Carnal
Christians do not like to think about the word "all" in this
passage, but it is there and stands as a rebuke to their lack
of consecration to God. They have "a form of godliness" but
deny "the power thereof (II Timothy 3:5).

By Pastor C.R. Stam

Brother Love Smiley

AAAAAAAAAAAMEN Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2003, 05:45:15 AM »

As members of the Church which is the Body of Christ, we are uniquely qualified and equip-ped for our responsibilities as proclaimers of the gospel of the grace of God. "(Christ) gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works (Titus 2:14).  But we are not left to our own devices as to how we are to perform good works.  We are instructed to"speak the things which become sound doctrine" (Titus 2:1).

The Apostle Paul defines our spiritual herit-age of separation unto service by his instruct-ions to Timothy.  "The things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.  Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ."  To  endure  hardness  as  good soldiers of Jesus Christ we are to follow the Apostle's instruction to "Put on the whole armour of God...Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth...And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, WHICH IS THE WORD OF GOD" (Ephesians 6:11, 14, 17).

And how are we to wield the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God?  BY RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH!  We are blessed with possession of the completed Word of God.  "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" (11 Timothy 3:16).  But the proper dispensing of scriptural truths depends altogether upon strict adherence to RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH.

Meat, Thanks Bro

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2003, 09:08:36 PM »

Its best you read about this day a4c. Get to know it well. Grin
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the