Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:30:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  mom has cancer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: mom has cancer  (Read 1425 times)
BUTCHA

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2005, 07:38:16 PM »

Embarrassed, kind of down today, life is strange ive fought hard for a big promotion at my job ,its been a tough battle i finnally got it, come with a lot more money and responsibility. i was so excited yesterday this morning was my first day as the boss , after 28 yrs of working here i finnally was takeing over. big meeting this mornning with all the employees, all pumped up ,right. nope i got a call last night from my mother whom im very close with shes 66 and has breast cancer. so never the less today im humbled again and realize life, time and people are worth more than ego and money.

anyhow sorry for carrieing on would like anyone whom feels upto it to pray for my mom eleanor ,thanks butcha
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 10:26:29 PM »

Butcha, your mom has my prayers.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 11:35:07 PM »

Butcha,

I'm happy to hear about your promotion but very sorry to hear about your mother. I will definitely keep her in my prayers. I will pray for the best treatment possible, and I might add there are many new and excellent treatments for breast cancer.

In the meantime - KEEP LOOKING UP!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

AJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 10:21:44 PM »

Praying also brother...

God bless you
Reba
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2005, 11:29:28 PM »

Bet Mom will be or already was blessed in her times of trouble with your good news. You know something positive to think on...  In prayer ....
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 02:43:54 AM »

praying...

Brother Butcha - been there, suffered through that - as many of us have. Our love for our mothers and fathers is so strong and so much a part of our lives - 1/10 of God's commandments partain to our relationship with our parents.

praying...

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2005, 07:00:15 PM »

thanks all, ya ive been here before lost my father to cancer when he was 54.my sister has beat it for now had it 2 yrs ago. its all part of the deal, but still not easy.
felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2005, 02:00:08 AM »

Hey bro,

I take it that your mom belongs to Christ. And God has a mansion for her. Whether she gets to go reign with Christ for a thousand years soon or until a thousand years later it doesnt matter, for to her; to live is Christ and to die is gain.

God is watching over all his children. How are you doing now?
Bronzesnake
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2005, 05:29:52 AM »

Butcha my brother. I know what you're going through my friend. Many years ago, my own mom had cancer. Mom recovered, and it's been about 35 years now.

My brother's wife lost a breast to cancer, then my brother lost his life to cancer. His second eldest daughter had a huge tumor removed while he was hospitilized just after his surgery.

My brother, we are with you through Jesus Christ.
We will pray for you, your family, and most importantly for you dear Mom. What's Mom's name my friend?

Bronzesnake

Breast Cancer — New treatments, new hope

Breast cancer has long been one of the most feared diseases a woman can face. And until recently, news that the disease had metastatized, or spread to distant parts of the body, seemed a certain death sentence. But new therapies are now available to extend the lives of women with metastatic disease. In 1998, after trials involving more than 1,000 women with metastatic or widespread breast cancer, trastuzumab (Herceptin®) was approved for clinical use. Trastuzumab is a monoclonal antibody, the first of its kind to be approved for breast cancer, and a unique and exciting new tool in the treatment of this dread disease.

Antibodies are substances produced by our immune system that bind to specific proteins, such as those found on the surfaces of bacteria. Some women with breast cancer carry a unique protein labeled HER2/neu in their cancer cells. Trastuzumab has a special affinity for HER2/neu; after binding there, it can prevent further growth of a tumor, and in some cases, even cause it to regress.

In one of trastuzumab's earliest trials, 222 women with advanced breast cancer were treated with weekly infusions. Fourteen percent of them experienced at least partial remission. Results were best in those with the greatest number of HER2/neu proteins on the surfaces of their cancer cells. Studies underway now are combining trastuzumab with other potent chemotherapeutic drugs.

Taxanes, a new class of chemotherapeutic agents including taxotere and paclitaxel, have proven useful in earlier stage breast cancers. The preliminary results from a study of 469 women treated with trastuzumab/taxane combinations show their effects are synergistic; i.e., they produce better results together than either could have alone. Though only some women with metastatic breast cancer will respond to trastuzumab, with or without a taxane, these new therapies offer new hope where only a few years ago there was none.
[/i]
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2005, 07:32:12 PM »

Bronzesnake and felix thanks
Bronzesnake,i printed off what you wrote to show others in the family.
felix,im doing well i have a lot to keep me busy, work,wife,5 kids all in sports soccer,football, and softball. im running around all the time to the games and or coaching , not much time to get depressed, besides its not whom i am.im the guy in the family helping everyone else. just useing  God,and ChristiansUnite Forums members for suport Grin

brother butcha

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2005, 10:33:41 PM »

My prayers for your Mom also.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2005, 10:54:41 PM »

Butcha, I really feel what's in your heart.  It hurts, I know - it hurts so bad... I lost both of my folks to cancer...

BUT!!!  Prayer is SO powerful!  Praise Him!

Praying...
Praying for strength for Butcha and healing for Butcha's mom.  Your will be done Lord.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2005, 09:20:16 AM »

Will be praying for you and mom BUTCHA!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the