Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:49:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  How Foolish!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How Foolish!  (Read 1376 times)
thecrucifiedlife

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2005, 11:47:41 AM »

1 Cor. 15:36
    How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies.

For those into a “feel-good” religion, we need to be upfront, the true message of the cross (and the Bible for that matter) will not “feel-good.”  Most people will be offended by this or find some way to avoid it or flat out reject this message.  Those humble enough to hear and receive this will be given the secret of the Kingdom of Heaven and if they accept and apply the cross to their life will be greatly rewarded.  It is uncommon to hear this coming from the voices of church ministers, but it is the message that saves. God tells us that we must carry our cross and die to ourselves. There are those that think they are exempt from this, they quote scripture and tell us that Jesus did everything and we must do nothing. Others say that unless we are “moved by the spirit” we need not change, while they live lives unlike Jesus, striving for an excuse to not obey God.  These are teachings based on half-truths at best. Everyone must go to the cross. There can be no resurrection without crucifixion. You cannot be reluctant to give up your own life. Those who desire to be set free from those sins they are still committing must permit the tender exertion of the cross to change them at your core.

I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. KJV
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 03:30:40 PM »

I would agree with this for the most part, but to say there is no joy in our regeneration would be missing the mark somewhat.

Yes we carry our cross, yes we die to sin, yes we face trials a problems.   But as believers we count it all as joy do we not?

I'm pretty sure this is why most of the world sees us as sorta looney  Cheesy

Gal 5:22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Joy is even part of the evidence we are indeed bearing the fruit of the spirit.   Count me as feeling pretty good, even in the midst of my trials!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
thecrucifiedlife

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 04:42:17 PM »

I would agree with this for the most part, but to say there is no joy in our regeneration would be missing the mark somewhat.

Yes we carry our cross, yes we die to sin, yes we face trials a problems.   But as believers we count it all as joy do we not?

I'm pretty sure this is why most of the world sees us as sorta looney  Cheesy

Gal 5:22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Joy is even part of the evidence we are indeed bearing the fruit of the spirit.   Count me as feeling pretty good, even in the midst of my trials!

Grace and Peace!
Yes there is joy in the Christian life. I did not mean to say that the Christian life was without the full measure of joy. Keep in mind that Jesus had his mind on a joy set before him as he was going to the cross.

I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. KJV
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 04:48:42 PM »

No worries "thecrucifiedlife"!   Its not always easy communicating via text on a message board.   I do agree with you about dying to sin and carrying ones cross.

BTW, welcome to CU!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 05:12:11 PM »

thecrucifiedlife,

I know a lot of Christians who have genuine joy and peace. I would and have said many times that Christians should be the happiest people on earth. I don't say that because of health, wealth, or worldly things, rather because of peace with God and the joy of walking in the Spirit. I know many Christians that the world would look at and think they should be miserable because of health or poverty, but they are the opposite.

I understand your message completely. On the other side of the coin are Christians who enjoy the yoke, the fight, the race, and the burdens to do the will of God. It's tiring and a struggle many times, but it always results in Joy with and in JESUS. So, it's a good tired and a good struggle.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1st Timothy 4:10  For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the