Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:14:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  "Coming Out"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Coming Out"  (Read 1865 times)
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« on: April 26, 2005, 11:13:25 AM »

When I decided to come out of the closet I thought everyone would laugh at me, or worse.  I was sure I’d be called names, degraded, shunned and ridiculed.  All of that happened and more.  There are even those who would rather see me dead than alive – because as long as I’m alive I am an infectious danger to their society.  When ‘friends’ found out they began avoiding me – I had to make new friends who understand what it’s like to be me – others who, like me, were once ‘in the closet’.  
Everything is so much easier now, since I’m ‘out in the open’.  I no longer have to live a ‘double-life’.  I no longer have to act like I’m someone I’m not in order to please my peers.  Don’t get me wrong - it’s still hard.  There’s still a lot of ridicule, mostly the result of misunderstanding.  The way they portray people like me on TV is absurd.  I still have to be careful in public – some people are so phobic – so full of hate.  
Yep – I’ve “come out”.  It’s time for the world to know that I’m a...
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
CHRISTIAN!!!!!!  Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 11:19:16 AM »

Amen!

Mat 5:16  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 01:32:03 AM »

When I decided to come out of the closet I thought everyone would laugh at me, or worse.  I was sure I’d be called names, degraded, shunned and ridiculed.  All of that happened and more.  There are even those who would rather see me dead than alive – because as long as I’m alive I am an infectious danger to their society.  When ‘friends’ found out they began avoiding me – I had to make new friends who understand what it’s like to be me – others who, like me, were once ‘in the closet’.  
Everything is so much easier now, since I’m ‘out in the open’.  I no longer have to live a ‘double-life’.  I no longer have to act like I’m someone I’m not in order to please my peers.  Don’t get me wrong - it’s still hard.  There’s still a lot of ridicule, mostly the result of misunderstanding.  The way they portray people like me on TV is absurd.  I still have to be careful in public – some people are so phobic – so full of hate.  
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
CHRISTIAN!!!!!!  Grin

Hot Dog!! So am I..................  Grin

M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 10:39:17 AM »

It is better to be known and respected as a Christian.   If a Christian is living a double life or pretending not to be a Christian, they are most likely sinning.  They are trying to fit in with their worldly friends by doing the same things or not objecting to sinful lifestyles.  There could be some exception to this for someone living in the Moslem world because they are in danger of losing their life for being a Christian.  

At first, I thought this thread was about someone who was a homosexual.  Sorry, but I don't think your joke is funny.  

Some people will hate you because you are a Christian.  If you are acting like a Christian all the time and not a hypocrite then their hate is a hate for Christ.  Any Christian who feels ashamed of Christ better stop and think before they hear the rooster crow.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 03:23:25 PM »

If a Christian is living a double life or pretending not to be a Christian, they are most likely sinning.

Actually, if they are leading a 'double life', chances are they are not a Christian to begin with.  A real Christian does not lead a double life.  “Covering your tracks is futile…”  Where have I heard THAT before???  Grin
This isn’t about a Christian, rather it’s about the emerging of (becoming a) Christian.  

Sorry, but I don't think your joke is funny.

That’s okay – my mother never thought I was very funny either!  Cheesy
Actually, this thread is not meant to be a joke, per se, rather something to make people think.  It is a mind exercise.  In your case, M, it seemed to have worked fairly well – it made you think, did it not?  
I’ll not apologize for my presentation.  If someone reads emotional parallels into what I have posted, then perhaps some soul searching is in order?  Again, it is intended as food for thought.

God Bless!
JN

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 05:34:44 PM »

JudgeNot,

Cheesy  Brother, I liked your presentation, and I'm very happy to stand up and be counted for Jesus.

There are other thought-provoking ways to take this message, and they are good for thought also. Some Christians hide and never stand up for Jesus. That makes other Christians wonder if they are ashamed to stand up and say, I BELONG TO JESUS!

SO, I would say that it's past time for all Christians to come out of the closet and shout it from the rooftops that they belong to JESUS. Some Christians are so covert that the world doesn't know they are Christians.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Timothy 3:16  And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 04:34:39 PM »

Grin

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 12:48:54 PM »

I pretty much had to find friends within the church......No one else I used to associate with befor will even return my calls and I never even told them I "came out"

guess they didn't like my change in behavior.......I'm just not interesting anymore..... Grin

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2005, 01:43:33 AM »

I pretty much had to find friends within the church......No one else I used to associate with befor will even return my calls and I never even told them I "came out"

guess they didn't like my change in behavior.......I'm just not interesting anymore..... Grin
Your friends in your church, will be better friends, to you.

Resting in Gods embrace.
Bob

Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

LiL-Christian

Our current status is: "VOLUNTEER'S ON STRIKE!"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2005, 03:43:32 AM »

~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
CHRISTIAN!!!!!!  Grin

Yes it is more harder to come out of the closet being a Christian. When your an "inside the closet" homosexual like i was, its a lot easyer to come out. Ever since i came to the Lord, everything that is easy to get, easy to pass through, easy to do is most likely of the enemy. Homosexuals dont get persecuted as much as we believers do.

Revelation 3:20
Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2005, 12:33:41 PM »

That is true. If you are a homosexual most people disregard you or ignore you (i would guess) Christians.....well we are all just a bunch of intolerant, condeming meanies!! Grin

Yeah....I'll get over haveing friends in the church......I can be myself and they still love me. Smiley

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2005, 07:28:45 PM »

Pauls admonishment to the faithful at Corinth on coming out.

2 Corinthians 6:17.  "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
18.  And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty."

John's revealing another coming out.

Revelation 18: "1.  And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
 2.  And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
 3.  For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
 4.  And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues."

We come out of the world of filth and sin and are made righteous through Jesus Christ.

ollie   Smiley
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 07:32:00 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2005, 03:55:09 PM »

AMEN OLLIE!

Loving the world and the things of it are temporary at best, and it brings misery.

Love In Christ,
Tom

II Corinthians 5:21  For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the