Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:15:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Remarriage Dilemma
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Remarriage Dilemma  (Read 1679 times)
boojie

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2005, 11:16:24 AM »

My boyfriend is the absolute love of my life.  We have been talking about possibly getting married in another year or so.  My boyfriend is divorced and his divorce wasn't "biblical".  I have heard different views on remarriage.  Some people have told me than he cannot remarry unless his ex dies or he marries her.  Then I have had some people, even a christian counselor, tell me that remarriage was ok as long as we live a christian life from that point on.  What is the truth?  I love my boyfriend so much, but not enough to spend eternity in hell.  Please help.

Boojie
M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 10:41:06 AM »

You have probably decided your answer for yourself anyway.  If you are interested in doing what God sees as right, you might have a dilemma.  

Christians do not want to sin or offend God.  If you believe that marrying this man will be a sin, why are you dating him?  You will be dealing with his past relationship all the time especially if he has children.  

You should be absolutely clear why the first marriage broke up and even hear the story from someone else.  I am not sure what you mean by a "non-biblical" divorce.  You can get a Bible with a concordance and look up all the times divorce is mentioned.  

Certain churches do not accept divorce for any reason other than adultery.   Even then, divorced and remarried people are not allowed to participate fully in these churches.  
boojie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 04:22:59 PM »

As much as I hate to admit it, his divorce was due to adultery on his part.  This was years ago before we met and he was not a Christian then.  He is a completely different man according to his friends and family, but his ex does not want to reconcile.  It was after we started talking about marrying that we heard about what is right and/or wrong in remarriage.
We totally love each other, but we will not marry if it is wrong.  
Also, I didn't think divorced and remarried people were allowed to participate in churches either, but our pastor in encouraging my boyfriend to become more active in the church.  

Boojie
chicklittle

IM me if you want to know me!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 11:42:21 PM »

First, I was concerned about your going to hell comment.  If you are saved, no sin or mistake of yours can send you there!  Don't abuse that however.

Considering that TECHNICALLY he did divorce for a biblical reason (adultry), he is okay as long as he has confessed his sin and totally repented, which I imagine he has.  Normally I would say that you ought not marry him, but he was not a Christian when all this happen.  Not to mention, it sounds like he has tried to reconcile with her with no success.  Based on this, he is a new creation in Christ and SHE will answer for not allowing their brokeness to be reconciled.  Since then he is a new creation, I do not believe that Jesus would frown on him starting over with a new family.  But he really needs to be SURE that she will not be reconciled.  

That is my opinion, I do not claim to speak for the Bible.

Yahoo IM chicklittle49.
ezaangel

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 05:56:43 AM »

dear boojie
hi my husband was married before to an ungodly,she left him because she didnt want jesus i understand what your going through.no offense but thoughs other women are to religious,you can marry him as long as you both have communion and pray about the marriage,god want hate you and your not sinning. if you love him then nothing matters as long as his a christian and stays strong in his faith.
ill give you a piece of advice when i first started going at the age of 15 my pastor told me to date someone with a bible under his arm meaning someone who loves god more then me.
and i found him.
good luck
gab
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 07:09:49 PM »

hi boojie!

if your boyfriend committed adultry on his last wife, ummm be Very Careful SweetAngelSis, he could do the same with you hon!

Love n' Hugs, YSIC \o/

KristiAnn
MsGuidedAngel

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the