Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:08:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Do you want more evidence that God exists?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you want more evidence that God exists?  (Read 2382 times)
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 14, 2003, 12:37:22 AM »

This is from a different forumThere is a guy named Eric(i won't give the last name), he is a youth paster at my church.
Well he has been one for a long time. He was even one before he was a believer. His wife was a believer and he got envolved because she did.

So one day he is sitting on the front row,(and I am not sure of his thinking on this part but it was something like this) and I guess he thought he was living a lie, that he didn't believe in all of this.
(This part I remember clearly) So he asked God for a sign, but not out loud, on the inside he asked. The preacher stopped in the middle of what he was saying, and turned to him. "You have asked God for a sing, well here it is."

Erics mouth dropped, and he has been a bulldog faith type of man ever since. Great guy, he will have your sides splitting from laughter.

Another GOOD one

Lightning Strikes Preacher Who Asked For Sign

Bolt Hits Steeple, Travels Through Guest Evangelist's Microphone

POSTED: 1:35 p.m. EDT July 3, 2003
UPDATED: 1:45 p.m. EDT July 3, 2003

FOREST, Ohio -- Damage to a church in Forest, Ohio, is estimated at $20,000 after a preacher asked God for a sign.

A member of the First Baptist Church said a guest evangelist was preaching repentance and seeking a sign from God when lightning struck the steeple.

Ronnie Cheney called the incident "awesome, just awesome!"

Cheney said the lightning traveled through the microphone, blew out the sound system and enveloped the preacher, who wasn't hurt.

Afterward, services resumed for about 20 minutes until the congregation realized the church was on fire. The building was evacuated.

Now how can you tell me that any one of these are just a coinsedence?  I wouldn't doubt God after hereing the last one,  He might strike you with lightening to prove that He heard you!!!

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2003, 02:11:01 AM »

Church steeples get struck by lightning all the time.  That's why they have lightning conductors.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2003, 01:09:01 PM »

Don't you think that it is amazing that someone was asking God for a sign though?  There is an almighty powerful God.  To not believe in him would be foolish.

Kris
« Last Edit: July 15, 2003, 12:18:49 AM by Kris777 » Logged

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2003, 11:55:22 PM »

Don't you think that it is amazing that someone was asking God for a sign though?  They're is an almighty powerful God.  To not believe in him would be foolish.

Kris
Personally, I'd rather rely on something a bit more direct than heresay picked up off the internet.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2003, 12:16:38 AM »

Ebia so do I, but I posted this in hopes that maybe it would get people that are not saved thinking.  I mean, it's a long shot, but at least it is something. There are people that could turn this into anything, but it is their chose if they want to believe it or not. These are just a few things of evidence.  The strongest evidence that I can think of is if God does something for you or you expierence a feeling like when you first become saved, but people that aren't saved don't really expeirence the feeling of the presence of God until they get closer so I guess that doesn't help them much in the way of evidence. So they satisfy their mind with harder evidence first until they get close enough to God to feel Him.

Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2003, 12:22:31 AM »

Anyone that is a Christian would you like to share your story of what God did for you, please?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2003, 12:23:39 AM by Kris777 » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the