Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:54:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Books (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Thirty pages a day challenge
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thirty pages a day challenge  (Read 1393 times)
PeterAV
« on: April 23, 2005, 11:34:13 PM »

I was at a site called KJV ASIA.com and there was an article there of a man that has just recently died.He had a vigorus reading schedule.By the time he died,he could read the entire Bible inone day.
I am not that ambitious,but it did set my heart with a new resolve to read the Holy Bible,and not just a page or two at a time.
They challenged the readers to read the Holy BIBLE for one hour per day and that the average reader should be able to read the Bible in 80 hours.
So I stopped and started to read my good old 1611 for 30 munutes.I ended up reading 9.6 pages.so I calculated how long it would take me to read the whole Bible Through.It came to 51 days.Or 7 weeks.
I knew it was doable for I have done it before on our sing trip for the Bible College.It was a 7 week trip all through the western provinces of Canada.B.C.,Alberta,and Saskatchewan.
That is a lot of driving,so I pulled out my sword and devowered it page by page and was done way before the trip was done.
So i started my 1 hour per day.After a week I didn't read for a day or two.That ment catch up.I did that a couple of times and by the end of the 7 weeks I was reading all day to catch up.I made my deadline but it was not consistent.
This time I determined to read 30 pages per day.But be consistent about it.And I have .I am just a couple days away from reading it in 6weeks.I am scheduled to finish by 04-29-2005.I will beat it for I have read an extra page many times.
  The word becomes so fresh and I know I just read the pasage afew weeks before.It is awesome.It is a small sacrifice to read the wonderful words of life.
During this last session,I also have read a 1200 page Book entitled In Awe Of Thy Word by Gail Riplinger.Also 'Which Bible is God's Word.Plus numerous articles and posting of course.
Plus I am Home Schooling my boy.He just started the ABC course in the fall of 2004.He is now in grade two with straight A's.
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 07:30:58 PM »

personally ,I find if I don"t go slow ,I can not be taught ,by the HOLY SPIRIT .Then when I go back ,I say ?gee I didn"t see that ?but once I went to sleep night after night ,with the bible playing on records .Had 26 records of the bible .This really did bless me a great deal .But met a man ,that could not read and gave him my records . I think ?Maybe it is the more we learn from than the amount we can quickly go though .But reading the bible anyway ,is far better than never or very seldon reading .Bless you any way you do it .

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 08:53:01 PM »

I think...
(Therefore I am?)   Grin
Seriously - I think the Lord will lead you through the Bible at the pace He knows you need to absorb His Truth.

But, WOW!  Reading the whole Bible in one day!!???

Awesome.

It takes me all day just to read the menu at IHOP.  Grin

Making a reading plan and sticking to it is a good thing.
It shows commitment.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 07:51:27 PM »

Yeah, thats pretty impressive!   I tend to agree with JN though.    Everyone has a different intake level.   Reading for reading sake seems to miss the point.   Reading to Know and be intimate with the author is quite another.   I say whatever works for you and what ever God lays on  your heart.

It takes me all day just to read the menu at IHOP.  

You and me both brother!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
PeterAV
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 08:58:58 PM »

[quote author=2nd Timothy  Reading for reading sake seems to miss the point.   Reading to Know and be intimate with the author is quite another.   I say whatever works for you and what ever God lays on  your heart.
Thanks for the input you guys.I do the reading and then I do the studying,and teaching.
The Bible is so fresh,if I miss something,I know I'll find it in a few weeks.When I read,I am just trying to get the spirit of what happens and get the overall picture.Then,I study.
Even to do it once or twice in a life time is empowering.You seem to reach a level of seeing that you can't when you are too close.If you know what I mean.Sometimes we don't grasp just what happened,because all we do is read the page or two.But when we read the whole book of say Nehemiah,an understanding automatically appears.
Moody,one time before preaching on Ephesians,read it for one week 92 times.It was a sermon with power he said.
Butterflies

Jesus is Lord of all!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 01:04:40 AM »

I have a new Christian friend who is reading II Samuel and having lots of questions.  One motivation for me recently is that I wanted to read the prior books again so I could discuss Samuel more intelligently with her.  I found that I could read the whole book of Joshua in one sitting, etc.  I think I was reading for about an hour a day too.  I took notes in a journal as I went along too, which really helped me absorb more and connect ideas.

The first several books of the Old Test. are amazing, aren't they?  So packed with stories and the awesomeness of God.

...all things were created by Him and for Him...Col. 1:16
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the