Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:11:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  When we are born and die?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: When we are born and die?  (Read 1496 times)
workinprogress

B=basic I=instructions B=before L=leaving E=earth

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2005, 01:07:18 PM »

I have been pondering this for some time now; are we really born with nothing and when we die we take nothing with us? Quite often we hear at someones funeral this statement " I was born with nothing, and I'll take nothing out with me"

Personally with my limited knowledge I have come up with this.

Are we really born into this world with nothing, and that we leave this world with nothing?

Now I ask what is; “sin”? Disobedience, we are born with a nature to sin, as the results of Adam’s disobedience to God’s commandment, which has been passed on to us and what is the results of “sin” it is death.
 Because of this “sin nature” we can not enter into “eternal life” with God and His kingdom. Now we are offered and given the free gift of “eternal life”, upon our confession of this “sin” and ask for repentance through our Lord and Savoiur Jesus Christ.

Now I ask what is; “eternal life”?   It is spending eternity, in Heaven with God; where there is no more death; sorrow; sickness or pain.  God says his last enemy to conquer is death.
 [
b]If this “sin nature” is nothing; then we are born with nothing; therefore we do not take anything with us. The same for “eternal life” if this is nothing than again we can not take anything with us.[/b]

Now I know that when we are speaking of or on this subject, we are most always referring to material things and earthly possessions; and in this situation, we are not born with anything and we can not take anything out with us.

O, there are those who say they were born with a silver spoon, and yes that; and any other material possession we have can be put in the grave with us when we leave this world, and where does it go?; Nowhere, it does not pass on to our spiritual life, whether it be with God or satan; I think an example could be the rich man and poor man in Luke 16:19-24. If the rich man was able he would have took a watering vessel with him,right? Then he would not have to had asked for Lazarus to dip his finger in some water tocool his tormented tounge.

What I am asking here is what others may think or have in-put to this question.

B=I=B=L=E
         &
S=E=C=U=R=E
Showing everyone Christ using [my] real experiences
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 02:54:18 PM »

WorkInProgress,

First, I see that you are new to the forum, so WELCOME!!

I think this is a great question, and I would like to make a few comments. Almighty God knew the number of hairs on our head before the foundation of the world, and HE also knew us in the womb. GOD loves us, so we are born with God's love.

You are completely correct about material things. We won't be taking any material things with us when our short life is over here.

If we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour, everything changes completely. First, we are no longer of this world, rather our citizenship is in Heaven. Our real riches won't be in material things, rather spiritual riches in Christ. We will be able to take those spiritual riches with us when we leave this world. In fact, our spiritual riches in Christ will be magnified, and we will spend eternity with JESUS. Our material riches in this short life are nothing in comparison to the spiritual riches we have in Christ.

A Christian in this short life might be a homeless beggar, but he or she is rich beyond human imagination in Christ.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:18  For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

1 Corinthians 2:9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 04:01:01 PM »

We are born into the world as something. 'Nothing' there may pertain to material things.

You explained the fact that we are born as constituted sinners. This is the something we're born as. That is why all MUST come to Jesus to become sons of God. No longer constituted with Sin but with God.

The bible tells us that all things seen are temporary, but the things unseen are eternal. Jesus told us to store up treasure in heaven where rust nor theives can touch.

When we die we wont take our bodies with us. The bible tells us that bodily exercise is only profitable for a little, but spiritual exercise is profitable for both this age and the age to come.
workinprogress

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 10:58:57 PM »

I give all praise and honor to our Heavenly Father for giving us our all for; "Man without God is nothing; but God without man is still God"

Thank you for your responses to this question, I have asked.

I take it from the responses so far that I am not too far off track with this question. Yes, the nothing in question does pertain to the material things of man

KJV 1Ti 6:19; Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life
 Would be our trust and faith in our Lord and Savoiur that He will do as He proclaimed,
KJV  Mat 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

This is in accord with our confessing we are born sinners, and knowing that Jesus came to earth, paid the ultimate price on the cross and was resurrected again to show us the way, then calling on Christ Jesus to be our Personal Savoiur; after which we are then called son's of God. And, once we are touched by the hand, finger or Holy Spirit of God, (I suppose how one would view that) we will never be the same again, Praise the Lord!

I do understand that God is love too, but?

If I understand this right, if we are born of God's love, then where is the Sin nature?
 I believe the bible tells us in Gen 5:3 that the descendants of Adam are born in Adam’s image and likeness, which is that of a fallen sinner; aren’t we, those descendants? But than again earlier in Genesis I think 1:27 it tells us God created man in His image.

I suppose we could go on here with a lot of different places in the bible, which was written by the Patriarchs and Disciples with the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

Now back to my original question, if we are born with nothing; then we can not take anything with us.
 I came up with this while attending a funeral of a friend, not mentioning it there though, as the Lord told me now was not the time.
      If we are born with the Sin nature, then we are born with something (not material), and we will be leaving this world with something (again not material); whether it be that same Sin nature, or the transformed body and soul;  with the Holy Spirit living in us. Which I pray that all of us; in Christ, truly do believe. I think the ones who will suffer the most are the ones who reject the most of God’s Truth and words and Jesus Christ; who said in John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Thank you all

in Jesus Holy name

Dave

B=I=B=L=E
         &
S=E=C=U=R=E
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 12:47:49 PM »

Brother Dave,

Man was formed in God's image, perfect. But man sinned against God, and that is known as the "fall of man". Sin doomed man to physical death and all future men to a sin nature. So, all men sin and fall far short of the Glory of God.

Man has body, soul, and spirit. All men are doomed to physical death, but the spirit lives forever in either Heaven or hell. Acceptance or rejection of Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour determines the place of eternity.

It's not really a matter of what we take with us when we physically die, but rather where we will spend eternity. I hope this answers your questions.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 103:15  As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.

1Corinthians 2:9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Ephesians 2:1-7  And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

workinprogress

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 03:09:34 PM »

Brother Tom,

I thank you for your answers and understanding here with this question I have posted. And, yes you have given me excellent answers.

I do know that we are to set our goals on where we will spend Eternity, and not to be content with our earthly walk.

I have always had a tough time with words and getting across what I am trying to say, But I can Thank and Praise the Lord our Savoiur that He does. Even though I a new to posting here, I have read many of the others posted here, some with much interest and others not so. There was one once on Military and being a slave that bothered me, I attempted to respond, but I thank the Lord I stayed out of it because it was so far away from the Bible and the Lord and the answers made me feel sad.

I think what I am or was asking is just more to do with how I may answer someone who does not know Christ, when they say to me or tell me that "I was born with nothing, so I'll take nothing with me"

There are so many times in my life that our Lord and Savoiur has shown me that He is real and No one can ever tell me that He is not.

Once again I thank you for your answers and understanding.

A brother in Christ
Dave

B=I=B=L=E
         &
S=E=C=U=R=E
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 03:44:37 PM »

Brother Dave,

You are most welcome.

I was just thinking and reflecting about this again, and I missed something BIG in the answer about what a Christian takes with him or her when they physically die - OUR RICHES IN CHRIST!

Brother, these are the real riches that can't be measured by man's standards. OUR RICHES IN CHRIST could also be referred to as the Promises of God. The Holy Bible rightfully speaks of these Promises as being so sure that the tense in the wording indicates we already have them. If God says it, consider it DONE! Spending an eternity of joy and peace with JESUS is rich beyond human description. We are also told about beautiful places that HE has prepared for us, that where HE is - we will be also. We will also be given glorified bodies at God's appointed time. There won't be any sickness, sorrow, or sadness associated with our short journey here in this life. In short, HE has Saved us and made our citizenship in Heaven with HIM. This is the reason why a Christian's physical death is really a homecoming. It is sad for those who are left behind, but it is pure joy for the one going home to be with JESUS.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Galatians 4:4-7  But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

workinprogress

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 04:20:06 PM »

Brother Tom

Once again Thank you for your answers
And I say
Amen !!
to your last answer
Brother Dave,

You are most welcome.

I was just thinking and reflecting about this again, and I missed something BIG in the answer about what a Christian takes with him or her when they physically die - OUR RICHES IN CHRIST!

This is just the same way I as a Christian and having the Love of Christ Jesus our Blessed Redeemer in me and the hope and promise of Eternal life in heaven with him, precieve this question.

I too feel for those that reject Him or worse yet those who set in the pews each Sunday going through the motions and still rejecting the truth's

Luk 13:27  But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all [ye] workers of iniquity.
Luk 13:28  There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you [yourselves] thrust out.

Mat 13:41  The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
Mat 13:42  And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 13:43  Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Brother in Christ

Dave
Mat 13:44  Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

B=I=B=L=E
         &
S=E=C=U=R=E
workinprogress

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 08:49:34 AM »

One day after our mens bible study session was over for the day, one of my brothers in Christ said this statement; " The best thing a believer in Christ, could hope to take with him when they pass on to glory with Christ is knowing that his children are saved and going to heaven too"

This I think is a little different than the context of the original posting of "When we are born and die" and the topic of born with nothing and will take nothing with us when we die, but it surely gave me another view on what we as christians and  who has any earthly family; such as children should also set our goals on. So, that when we do leave this earth and step into eternity we can take the knowledge that they are going to join us there too.
 This would also be giving glory and honor to Christ, our Lord and Saviour in serving Him, we would also be laying up treasures in heaven I think.

A brother in Chirst
Dave
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 09:08:03 PM by workinprogress » Logged

B=I=B=L=E
         &
S=E=C=U=R=E
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2005, 01:27:23 PM »

WorkInProgress,

AMEN!

It gives me great joy and peace to know that everyone in my family are saved. This fact about my own children is a treasure, especially when I know that they will raise their children in the things of the LORD. YES! - I consider it a treasure to know that my children belong to JESUS.

Love in Christ,
Tom

James 1:17 ASV  Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom can be no variation, neither shadow that is cast by turning.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the