Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:07:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Advice?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Advice?  (Read 1309 times)
ownagesoft

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2005, 12:27:15 AM »

I don't know where to post this so ill do it here. Im very sorry, If I have caused any problems.

My problem is:

Latley Ive felt so close to God. Ive read proverbs, watched 700 club, Pray every night. Talk to God all the time. Try to Help others stop cussing, or Help out around the house. God has blessed my life well. I am currently Living with my Fiance, at her mothers house. We sleep in sepreate rooms, and her mother is against us otherwise. We agree ourselves that this is the best way to live, until we are married. Now the reason I am here, is because we lived at my mothers, until my Mother didn't want her to live there anymore. I followed, because I love her very much, and she felt so alone with her mother. Her mother Drinks sometimes, and she gets mean, and she doesnt feel comfortable. The other choice is a Highly Drugged area, which is very bad! So i came here, while i Goto school, and when we marry, we will move out into a home. In my past I have made mistakes. I told my mother about them. Me and mine, has talked about it before, but we desided, that its best to be held until marriage. Also we hear that 70% of teens, involved in Sex break up, and don't last. Me and Mine fight sometimes, but everyone has disagreements, We love each other alot! My mother just emailed me, saying I was lieing, and I need to Leave here, away from drunks, and Temptation.  There is temptation everywhere. Its the strength In God, that helps us not to! And i mean I DO NOT Want to! We are never home alone, because her mother is on disability, and has emphazima, she is very bad, and she thanks us everyday for our help. I feel she really needs our help too! The thing is Im trying to tell my mother, that Temptation, and Sin, is not a part of my life. I have been trying very hard to stay close to God, and learn more! But i ran into this bump in the road, How can i tell my mother I am not committing any sins. I love her so much, but she has doubts in me. What do i  do.?

Thank you
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 07:45:15 PM »

i realize this is late but hope your still on.

you can only control your thoughts and actions and you are responsible for them so keep being a good person do whats right and keep god apart of your life. and all will work out. if people dont like you or believe you you cant control that . they own that problem . if your honest with yourself and god youll be fine and almost all the time everything else will fall in place. note pray for both of your mothers.
sabrina

Let the work I've done speak for me........

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 12:11:51 PM »

Satan certainly doesn't change in his tactics any....not all.  Sorry to here that her mom is going threw so much....and the addiction of acohol personafies the situation to the point that the daughter feels uncomfortable to be alone with her.....espeacially now.  But it is all good!  But both of you are caring for her needs which I'm sure she needs at this time in her life.  How old are you both?  Sure seems that you both have a lot on your shoulders at this point in your life.  What church do you attend, this can be a great source of comfort to you both.  I noticed that you said that you assured your mom that you have nothing to do with sin and temptation.....keep in mind there will always be sin and temptation.....don't fool yourself.  Fortunately there is a God to forgive us when we fall.......just ask the Holy Spirit to come and dwell in you so your paths can be straight, and of course their is obidence......we must be obident to the Lord.

Well I did not want to preach a sermon.....just wanted to say keep seeking the Lord he will make your paths straight.  Are you in school?  I quess I have a lot of questions here....so write back,

ok!!!!!!!

Sabrina

slmick5

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 11:06:26 PM »

I assume by your post that you and your girlfriend are relativly young.  Man, have I walked in your shoes.
I was a typical teenager.  Wild, rebelious, and little did I know, not only was I out there, but I had a one way ticket straight to hell just waiting to be punched.  Anyway, when I was 17, my girlfriend, who I had been dating for about a year and a half got pregnant.  She was from a very conservative, close family.  My family was wrecked by divorce.  We could not have come from more seperate worlds if we tried.  I am 34 now.  We are still married, and have 3 wonderful kids.  Although I didn't have God in my life for many of our years together, He still looked out for me.  Namely my wife.  The one constant in my life has been my wife.  In looking back over the past 15, 16 years, I can see that it was God who put this angel in my life, and thru her, he reached me.  
I can not give you any sort of advice as far as your lives at home, but I can say this:  Pray, pray, pray.  Pray for the Lord to lead you.  Open your heart, give all your troubles to the Lord, and release them.....Completely!
Most of my life has been a struggle.  We started out so young.  Right now at this point in my life, I am where I should have been 15 years ago, professionally, emotionally, spiritually, financually.  If you are young, as I suspect you guys are, get you OWN individual lives together first.  You mentioned you were in school.  Maybe you should check into campus housing.
 I understand that love is a very powerful feeling.  I have been there.  you feel like its you and your girlfriend against the world.  Well, actually it is. I can't tell you what to do, but I can speak from experience......live your life.  But do it in a Godly way.  Educate yourselves.  Get yourselves stable.  Get a little older, a little wiser.  If it is meant for you guys to be togehter, then it will work out in the end.  But you have to put yourselves in the best situation possible to grow.  Pray for guidance.  
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the