Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:07:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  "Biblical scholars" claim the Bible is myth!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Biblical scholars" claim the Bible is myth!!  (Read 3723 times)
Bronzesnake
« on: March 21, 2005, 08:58:42 PM »

There are several so caleed Biblical scholars who are teaching in liberal churches through the U.S. and Canada, that the Bible is not to be taken literally, but as myth. They tell whoever will listen, that the Bible is only intended as a spiritual guide book!!

On my web site, I have a weekly question and answer page, where visitors to the site e-mail me questions and I post them with my answer.

Here are two questions on this very subject I received from the same person.

Question: What about authors such as Gerald Massey, Tom Harpur and Alvin Boyd Kuhn?  These guys devoted their lives to studying the bible and diggin in history, and they say that the Bible is a book of pagan based myths...

Answer: As for those authors - they are human, and just as open to satan's deceptions as anyone. What about pedophile priests? What about Judas?
What we must keep in mind is the secular, historical documentation of the life of Jesus. If we didn't have any gospels, we could still come away with a pretty complete picture of Jesus as described in the gospels simply by useing the secular historical accounts - Here's what the secular, historical documentation tells us - Jesus was an historical figure, who healed blind, deaf and lame people throughout His ministry - Jesus raised people from death - Jesus was worshiped as God by His followers - Jesus was tried under Pilot at the insistance of Jewish leaders of the day - Jesus was scourged and crucified - Jesus was seen alive after the crucifixion - Within a few years of the resurrection, His followers had spread throughout the known world.

Can any of these authors provide any historical documentation to corroborate their claims?

God doesn't give any options besides
A) Believe in Me and chose eternal life with Me in Heaven. or
B) Don't believe and choose eternal life in the Lake of Fire.

satan is THE master liar - THE master deceiver - our only defence from him is God. Once we stray away and open ourselves to "other" explanations, or mysteries, we become vulnerable.
satan will try everything and anything in order to get as many as he can to turn away from God. satan hates us because God has given us a way of being redeemed in spite of the fact that none of us deserve it - God did not offer that same free gift to satan or the fallen angels who followed him - satan resents the fact that God loves us "mere" humans - these globs of sickly flesh and blood are favoured over satan and his angels, and he is seething mad about it - we are not a match for satan's deceptive plans - men who boast about their scholarly achievements and superior knowledge and intellect are ripe for the picking - satan uses that egotistical perception of ourselves against us - he plays on our intellect - he appeals to our logical mind instead of our spiritual understanding - that, he tries to misdirect away from the one True God - and redirect toward any other god or "spirituality" that is not God - when he accomplishes this, he can be assured that those will be accompanying him and his angels to the Lake of Fire - which is his sole purpose.

The only way to keep the wolf away is to dig in your heels and remain stead fast. Once you get distracted by human "logic" or human "intillect" you are vulnerable and open to attack.

Thanks for the great question Dave.

Question: Some say...Christainity has Egyptian/Osirian roots.  The parallels are quite numerous and worth noting.  This way of seeing things seems to be concerned with the view that Christ or KRST...Horus or Osiris are the same spiritual being...and exist within us all..and have been around for a very long time.

Answer: Dave, this is very interesting. I know about this. From a Biblical prospective, we can know without any doubt, that satan was fourth in command in Heaven. The Father - The Son - The Holy Spirit - then satan. satan was God's most perfect and beautiful created being. satan's fall came about because he proclaimed himself to be equal with God. He was the epitome of narcissism - he fell in love with himself, and boasted about how he was going to emulate everything God did. satan actually convinced one third of all angels that he was equal with God, and these angels followed him to their own doom. They are now known as demons, having been striped of their Godly blessing as ministering angels. They are still super powers in the universe - no man is a match for an angel or demon, either mentally or physically - not even close. I believe satan set up a false kingdom here on earth. I believe he was responsible for many of our great monuments, including the pyramids and other similar monuments throughout the world. satan is the master deceiver - the master imitator - The Bible says that satan will be given one last shot to tempt mankind into believing he is actually God. that time is known as the final Tribulation. It is described in the Bible and particularly in the book of Revelation. satan will physically possess a man's body and for a final seven year period, satan will proclaim himself to be God (as he has done in the past) Osiris etc.

Obviously I can not go into any great detail Dave. All I can say is that the Bible is credible and accurate above all and any other great book of antiquity. The Bible is unmatched in the number of ancient manuscripts by far. The translations we have today are virtually identical to the earliest ancient manuscripts, including the Dead Sea scrolls. The Bible has the smallest gap between the actual events and the oldest known manuscript. In some cases there is only two years gap, and at most only 20 to 30 years gap. This is unprecedented in manuscripts from antiquity.

Archaeologically, the Biblical accounts are virtually unchallenged. As a matter of fact - there is yet to be found, even a single challenge from historical or archaeological findings which dispute any Biblical accounts! That is unheard of.

The Bible is God's unaltered prophetic Word Dave. if anyone tells you anything different, you tell them to e-mail me and I'll set the record straight!

We really have to be on our toes my friends - We know that Christianity is always going to be attacked by non-believers - However, the far greater threat comes from so called "Bible scholars" who appear to be intellectual, and Biblically knowledgeable - these folks are dangerous to people's eternal souls, because they are trusted. We have to be vigilant in countering these faithless attacks wherever they appear.
Bronzesnake
M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 10:14:40 AM »

Some Biblical scholars are just that, people who study the Bible.  It doesn't mean they are Christians or have any belief in the Divinity of Christ or even beliefs about God.  Satan demonstrated that he knew the scriptures when he tempted Jesus.  Christians know what his motives were.
the overlooked

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 08:36:41 PM »

it is people like that, that makes ministry so much harder and turns kids away from God and twards paganism.

where o death is your victory,
where oh death is your sting
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 10:28:26 PM »

AMEN BRONZESNAKE!

Brother, it appears there are more and more folks with degrees in Theology who don't have a clue about JESUS and the CROSS. I'm thinking, "WOW! - what a monumental waste of time and money to learn about a pile of false garbage!" I give thanks there are still a large number of schools that teach THE TRUTH while someone is trying to get a degree in Theology.

The Gospel of the Grace of God is so simple that a child can understand it, so it is beyond me how someone could study for years and arrive at the conclusion that the Holy Bible is a myth or Jesus Christ was just a man. The only answer that I can imagine about schools that teach such nonsense is the devil running the school and teaching the courses.

I think we are actually looking at signs of the end of this age.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Proverbs 2:6  For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

Hurting

Trying to learn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2005, 09:00:12 AM »

You guys preach, so why shouldnt they?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2005, 02:42:02 PM »

Hurting,

A pulpit for the devil is usually not given in churches, and that's what the original post is talking about. There are certainly no pulpits for the devil on Christians Unite. I guess the original post is an example that some are trying to push God out of churches also.

A so-called Bible scholar calling the Holy Bible a myth is a contradiction in terms. Christians could care less that some supposedly educated people think that the Bible is a myth. Inviting such a fool to speak in a church is evidence that the devil is working overtime. It's also evidence there is something seriously wrong with such a church to listen to such garbage.

The ACLU and other groups who hate God might cheer that so-called Bible scholar calling the Bible a myth, but they're just another educated fool to us. They may also be known as critics or other names. We could really care less what they are known as other than fools. I guess the ultimate question is why a place is still called a church when the devil is the preacher.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Matthew 5:14-16  Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Bronzesnake
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2005, 02:46:08 PM »

That's an odd position to take. How many truths are there?
I assert that there can only be one truth. If I take your suggestion to it's logical conclusion, then no one goes to Hell, because everyone's own idea of God will be true. Let's go even further with it. No one goes to jail anymore - Hey, we follow our laws - they (criminals) follow theirs. We can no longer condemn terrorists because they believe they are following their God, and God's law supersedes human law.
How can we judge pedophiles, they believe it's not harmful or perverted to "love" children - look at Michael Jackson for an example of where this universal "truth" leads us.

I can go on and on.

The truth of the matter is that the Bible is not Myth. The Bible is God's infallible Word. If we relegate it to the status of myth, then we are free to interpret in any way that fits our own selfish/evil/lustful/greedy/murderous/sadistic/perverted/(add your own verb) lifestyles. We, in fact become God, and are only obliged to follow our own laws.

Bronzesnake
jesusavedme

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 01:11:48 PM »

Right on, the Bible says that "professing themselves to be wise they became fools".  The Biblical scholar, however, doesn't believe in this verse.  Why?  Well, he's too wise of course!  Nothing will open the eyes of those unwilling to see.  He who has ears to hear...you know the rest.  Praise Jesus!
jgarden

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2005, 10:28:04 PM »

We obtain our knowledge about God and Christ through the Bible.  Whether the Bible is divinely inspired is somewhat academic since no version claims to be infalible.  The interpreters' notes point to limitatations and difficultiesin a version that is usually created by committee.

Whether you agree with different Bible scholars or not, the church should not be turning out "cookie cutter" Christians who all think alike.  If you are not constantly re-examing and growing in your faith or automatically think exactly like your parents, you'll remain in the "shallow end."

jgarden
jesusavedme

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 10:18:33 AM »

Remember on the day of Pentecost when they were all of "one mind" and "one accord"?  God wants that for us.  God wants His will to be our will.  God's will does not change.  He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  If you have different Christians thinking different things, someone is right and someone is wrong...because God is never wrong and never contradicts Himself.  No two Christians can disagree on any one topic and both be right.  For example, one Christian may say that Saturday Sabbath is right.  The other, may say that it is wrong.  In fact, they are both wrong because Paul the apostle said, under inspiration of the Holy Spirit, that one honours the day unto the Lord, and the other doesn't honour the day unto th Lord.  Any opinion other than this one is WRONG.  Plain and simple.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the