Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:29:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286795 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hi (testimony included)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi (testimony included)  (Read 3839 times)
Jesse

prayer warrior

View Profile WWW
« on: July 10, 2003, 02:01:30 PM »

Dear friends,
  My name is Jesse B. I wish to share my testimony of faith. It seems only now, after I rededicated my life to Christ, even though I've done that many times, something is unique about this time. As I've promised, here's my testimony of faith:

I was born into a family who knew God existed, but they refused the Gospel. As it is with most families who do not know Jesus Christ, they passed their ignorance into me when I was born. See, I had a horrible childhood. No doctor knew what was wrong with me. However, they knew I had a disability of some sorts. I was not going to live past age 7 they said to my worried young mother.

As I grew up, I went to school, like everyone else. The first three years of Elementary School (K-2) were easy. Then came the 3rd grade, 4th, & then in the 5th grade, my life became a real Hell on Earth. I know we Christians shouldn't even think of swearing, but I couldn't find another word to say how it felt. I did not have any friends. The only friend I had turned out to be a traitor. He set his eyes on my total destruction.

Then I met Amanda. She was the only girl who dared talk to me. Let alone be my friend. I was known as the "weird kid". The one who was always last. Silently and privately, I made a vow to myself and the Creator (I never prayed before) that I would marry her later in life. Right after my Elementary Graduation, she moved to Arizona. We wrote for months, then I stopped writing her for fear she would say something wrong. It was 5 years until I wrote to her again. Before 7th grade, I became a Christian in 1998 thanks to a man who I will always remember.

During my 7th grade year, I became sexually involved with a girl named Grace. We did many sexual activities that brought pleasure for a short time, but then brought guilt. She thought she was in control of me. She was wrong. In mid-may, I broke up with her completely. I couldn't take it anymore. I realize now the sexual part of our relationship could've been avoided if I didn't open my big mouth. My sixth grade year was made up of bomb threats brought up by middle schoolers who thought it was all a big joke.

I became a freshman in EVHS just 2 years ago. That year was made up of pain being brought up by Grace and my own teachers! Thank God Grace moved. It was a new feeling, being totally free of Grace. I dare not think what would've happened if she stayed in EVHS. We'd be in the same classes, and possibly...we'd fall back in love and do the same things all over again. Let me tell you about my sophmore year. That was a year to remember. Since Grace wasn't around, my grades soared to an astonishing A for every class. Then, Christ told me Amanda was to be my future wife. That I was to love her for who she is and what she can become. Now we are long-distance boyfriend and girlfriend. I dream about her everynight...and I believe that is normal. When you're in love, reality doesn't seem that important.

My life has been full of pain and suffering. During my Christian life, I made many rededications. Two days ago, I rededicate my life to HIM once more. What makes this rededication so special you ask? Let me tell you:

The LORD Jesus Christ is moving in me more than I ever thought possible. Yesterday, I gave HIM complete surrender of everything I own. I gave HIM surrender of all my interests and/or hobbies. Just a few minutes ago, HE told me to let go of my Star Wars & Harry Potter interest so HE could use me more for HIS glory. Isn't that great? Now I have far more freedom than I ever thought possible. I may not be the teenager my mother wishes me to be (she says I can like Harry Potter & Star Wars and still be a Christian....well, I can, but it gets in the way of the Messiah. See, I tend to focus more on earthly hobbies and possessions rather than eternal treasures. I am now a member of 3 Christian forums, which I will stay at till my death, and I am alive!)
I also made a commitment to Jesus Christ & my mom, that when I am online in those 4 Christian forums, NO ONE will confuse me, that NO ONE will tell me what to believe. That I will stick to my own beliefs, that only Billy Graham, Dr. K.P. Yohannan, my Church, my family, and last of all my friends will be the ones I look to for guidance, support, and wisdom. I realize now that as I leave Earthly things behind, I find far more freedom to be myself. I can worship my own way, pray my own way, & many more things. I am not saying you have to do what I've done. I have just found more freedom in abandoning most of my earthly hobbies.

I have given up every earthly hobby and now am addicted to Jesus Christ. HALLELLUJAH!

This is my testimony of faith. PRAISE THE LORD FOR HIS FAITHFULLNESS!

Become an Insight For Living prayer warrior. Log onto http://www.insight.org for more information on how you can help their ministry. This is the ministry of Reverend Dr. Chuck Swindoll.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 09:27:56 PM »

Hi, Jesse.  Thank you for the testimony.  I'm praying for you.  

"What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man conceived, what God has prepared for those who love him..."

I Corinthians 2:9
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 03:55:29 AM »

Hello Jesse, thanks
"Keep Looking Up"

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the