Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:15:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Daughter saved-lost tonight
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Daughter saved-lost tonight  (Read 1928 times)
missyann250

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2003, 05:30:49 AM »

It's 4:20 and my daughter is gone still.  This is the third time she has done this.  I have made a decision, and am just going to step out on faith within two weeks.  I did it when I left a horrible situation for a better life for her.  I moved from the bottom of the states to the top.  She has been home schooled her whole life, and this year I put her into public school in December.  This was overwhelming for her amongst the adjustment to a new place, broken family, and a horrible exposure to gang type social environment.  At first she was popular until there was a jealous cousin of her best friend.  Eventually it was a dominoe affect.  They were pushing her into lockers, kicking her, and she even missed a day successfully proving she had bronchitus, but really her best friend left because of a threat from this other lost friend.  Well, this pushed her to the more accepting, to which she used to witness to and befriend for just that purpose.  
My decision- move back.  It came clear as day.  Once this happens, connections are deep, and it's not easy pulling away. Planning to home school with computer, art, and a sport involvement because she needs to slowly adjust to school, all teachers agreed.  Not to mention, two teachers shot her down all the time in front of the class, yet acted professional at school meetings.  
I have had a very uncomfortable feeling lately, and I am not happy here.  I am very sad here.  I love the Lord, and I know he's right here with me, yet, it's not even a feeling, it's a knowing that I must do this move because she even begs for some interference in certain ways to say she's fed up.  It's a hard society here for some odd reason.  I can't explain it.  All are Christians, yet they don't even know the gospel.  Very strange, still can't explain.
Car is broken down with the starter out.  I was planning to work over time, check this weekend, but it all goes to bills. I have worked sooooo hard to get on my feet, and then with my daughter, and I thought we had made milestones this week, ah well, one step forward, two back.  
Anybody that can pray for God's will, his mighty work for my daughter, and finances, I would be thankful.  She is so broken, and she was always for the good, always positive, and most adults just watched her knowing she had this special excitement in life to her.  I know to trust, and believe, and know the Lord is here, and to ask for comfort, but I am so mournful over her lost way, I am weak in my prayers.
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 08:43:26 PM »

Did your daughter make it home okay? Please keep us posted. I will keep you in prayer. Is there anything you can do to open the lines of communication more so your daugher doesn't leave? Maybe there are other parents who homeschool, and you could take turns teaching. Dovetail your curriculums so you can work when you need to. Another idea: a lot of areas have home school associations that have their own basketball teams, tournaments, and after-school clubs, plus some commaradarie for you, too! Look into it; if there isn't anything, maybe it's time to get one started so your daughter will feel more comfortable outside the home. Get into a church where there are lots of fellowship activities and where she can have a strong support base of friendships to help her through troubled waters. Many blessings and peace to you. Let us know how it goes.

missyann250

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 11:50:28 PM »

My daughter made it home right before I had to go to work. We have yet to talk.  Thank you Whitehorse, but I really don't know which direction I am going at this point.  I still have the urge to move back to warmer states because of physical reasons.  If I begin homeschooling again this year, and move to which all things point towards, that back up the urgent profound knowing to do so that has been building, then I will have to begin schooling where we move.  I really don't want to live here, she doesn't either.  But, you are absolutely right.  I want to enroll her into art and computers this summer, even though it's late.  Those are her interest and I didn't even associate it opening up communications.  I really needed that.  I have very little time, but when I feel that way, I always have to remember how God has placed His will and provisions right in my life when the time they were needed.  I guess I need prayer for many things for her well being.  There are homeschool people here in Wisconsin, And I could get in touch to see what is happening in their realm.  
And you know what, I am always enthusiastic in beginning plans, maybe your right also in beginning somehting.  Guess I just need to start somewhere, too scattered right now.  I will think tonight.  And then begin doing tomorrow.  I had to straighten out finances from the last worry session when she left one other time and I missed a day of work.  It takes a lot for a single mom to keep on top of just the smallest things that can devastate you if they become unbalanced.  But praise be to God that he is helping in those areas and many others.  I haven't even been well enough, or had the energy to go to church lately. But I know I will be this week. Thanks for your help. Many blessings to you too.
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2003, 07:54:02 PM »

Missyann, I'm glad your daughter made it home okay. How is everything going? Does she seem okay now?

missyann250

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2003, 03:58:12 AM »

Yes, she's okay, whitehorse, but has every issue to deal with that is possible for a teenager in these days.  I wrote once, but I zapped it out somehow.  She has been making some positive decisions, yet she cannot be trusted one lick.  She has issues that are unbelievable for a christian.  Even with the internet! The Lord is always there for us.  I have had a whole day since yesterday---duh, but it seems like so much has been established with direction.  You really helped me focus on what I really had plans for, and pulled some things out of the hat like communication, and believe it or not that really helped.  I know that she knows, that I know she knows, and just knowing that, she has a hey day trying to push my buttons.  But, the computer classes will be the trick for her because she will absorb herself into that at home instead of on the internet chat rooms, etc.  She did get excited to go into a teenage chat room after she saw that I was in this forum.  She asked if she could read some of the topics in this, so I let her, and that encouraged her. Chosen ones of course.  Forever the Lord will be with her, and He has his will.  If I continue to pray, and maybe others, she can turn around quickly because I obey whatever answer the Lord puts in my lap.  I don't work at anything that I haven't prayed about because when I pray, the Lord always sends the answer straight to me.  
Watch what happens from here.  I will keep posting the results.  Prayer is needed though for my strength because these late nighters have completely crushed me financially, physically, and I have to work twelve hour shifts next week in order to be caught up. Car starter beginning to go off and on, and much more.  It's okay though.  Not worrying, just waiting and carrying on.  Thanks for your concern! Smiley

Ephesians 3:14.....19
For this cause, I bend my knees to the Father,
from whom the Whole Family in the Heavens and on Earth is named,

that he may give you according to his glorious wealth, to be Powerfully strengthened through his spirit in the inner man:

that the Anointed one, through the faith, may dwell in your hearts: that being rooted in Love and well-established,

you may be fully able to understand with all the saints, what is the Breadth and Length, and Depth and Height,

to know even that which surpasses knowledge--the Love of the Anointed one: so that you may be filled with all the fulness of God.

Now to him who is above all things, being mighty to effect far beyond what we ask or think, according to that power operating in us,

to him be the glory in the congregation, by Christ Jesus, to all the generations fo the age of the ages. Amen.

These verses were a direct answer for me as far as how to rest in the Lord and the true way of functioning of fellowship with the Lord works. Byeee Smiley
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2003, 11:09:29 AM »

These verses were a direct answer for me as far as how to rest in the Lord and the true way of functioning of fellowship with the Lord works. Byeee Smiley

Good; it looks like you got it worked out then. God's blessings, and take care.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the