Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:00:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Intro
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Intro  (Read 3958 times)
missyann250

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2003, 12:35:52 AM »

Introducing me Cheesy Hey!
A mom, have lived a full life full of challenges, always looking to God for his will.  Very common, basic person, but love humor.  See things as how they are, and watch to see if they are anymore than what I see.
Yes, I am a believer that Jesus is God's son, and believe that even that faith was given to me, I had the choice to accept or reject.  And I don't believe that repenting saves you, you can't repent-first it's a work, or baptizing would save you; secondly-how can one truley repent before he is saved?
I really love christian fellowship, and have enjoyed reading all the remarks and people's say so in here.  Really am just a hippie at heart with Jesus in it, and hope I stirred something up for a discussion with repentance ha! not really.  It's just what I found out of the scriptures.  Seee ya
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2003, 06:28:21 AM »

Introducing me Cheesy Hey!
A mom, have lived a full life full of challenges, always looking to God for his will.  Very common, basic person, but love humor.  See things as how they are, and watch to see if they are anymore than what I see.
Yes, I am a believer that Jesus is God's son, and believe that even that faith was given to me, I had the choice to accept or reject.  And I don't believe that repenting saves you, you can't repent-first it's a work, or baptizing would save you; secondly-how can one truley repent before he is saved?
I really love christian fellowship, and have enjoyed reading all the remarks and people's say so in here.  Really am just a hippie at heart with Jesus in it, and hope I stirred something up for a discussion with repentance ha! not really.  It's just what I found out of the scriptures.  Seee ya

Welcome to the Forum MissyAnn, I once was a real hippie Smiley

Remember Christ died for our sins (1Corinthians 15:3) Past, Present and Future.

Grace & Peace

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2003, 06:04:43 AM »

You mean you never read "repent and be free of your sins?" I don't understand.  Cry We can't "buy" our salvation - if we could, Jesus would not have needed to die. Salvation is God's gift, and He gives it to us when we "repent and believe". By the way - welcome to the forum!!!  Grin Hope to see ya around a lot!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
missyann250

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2003, 08:43:04 PM »

Yep,yep,yep, exaxtly, you can't do anything for your salvation except believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved.
It is a gift of God, not that of ourselves.  And if someone gives us a gift, we are not obligated to give it back because a gift is free.  
Please look at your reference and see what time period it is from.  Then see if it is spoken to God's chosen people when they were to repent for the kingdom of heaven was preached that it was at hand before salvation was given to a nation bringing forth fruits.  The jews were given a chance to repent and believe that Jesus was their messiah.  The jews were already God's people, they walked away in idolotry....They could repent.  The gentile, and unbelieving jew, during this period of grace can only have fellowship and be of the Lord if we believe.  One cannot repent unless he is of the matter first.
God calls each and every one of us, we may be convicted of our sins, and know we are not worthy and try to make up for the offenses, yet  the only person that is worthy to cover these offenses is Jesus who did die on the cross for these offenses. We first must belive and realize that not one thing we do can save us for initial spiritual salvation but to answer His call and say, I do believe.  
God basically is saying here's my gift, do you want it?  And we said, yes I do Father.  Not, say your sorry and I will give you this gift.  
To the jews back then when giving them a chance, God was upset that they fell away into various works, remember, they fell away, they did initially live by faith first too, ya know, and they got into works so much that He was saying, You really need to say your sorry and walk away from these idols, and works that many of them I didn't even set forth.
 God so loved the world that whosoever believeth on Him...
Repenting is what we do after we are saved.  
I hope this clears up what I have learned in God's Word.  It's just a disection to which God tells us to do, and I don't think there is ever too much disecting. But I don't want to upset anybody, or seem like I think I know it all.  All I know is what I have studied, ya know? Smiley
After initial spiritual salvation, we immediately begin our soul salvation, being obedient, with the first act of baptism, and repentance is a life long matter.  Oh is it ever, and it's God's way of getting us ready.
Thank you whitehorse, you made me feel welcome!  I hope I don't offend anybody, and do love to discuss the Word of God, I think we could all use a great big dose of it in these times!  I am open to any searching and sharing. In other words, I probably have the most to grow and learn, but I do love what God has shown me.  Praise Him for His Love given in so many ways that we exactly need. I still don't know what a llama means around here.  I guess it's something of the past in this forum.   Grin
missyann250

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2003, 08:46:34 PM »

oooooops, sorry willowbirch, I wrote whitehorse, Don't know where I got that!!!! Probably from a day with only four hours sleep and working ten hours!  It get's kind of fun after a while! lol! Grin
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2003, 09:06:04 PM »

oooooops, sorry willowbirch, I wrote whitehorse, Don't know where I got that!!!! Probably from a day with only four hours sleep and working ten hours!  It get's kind of fun after a while! lol! Grin
Hey, don't apologize! That's a neat name, too! lol

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the