Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:35:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  How Could We Trust God If...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How Could We Trust God If...  (Read 2837 times)
Bronzesnake
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2005, 02:29:32 AM »

I posted those verses to plainly show mans breaks God's covenant God doesn't just like Pastor Roger said.

OK Reba. Then why have we been arguing about verses which plainly state God made an everlasting promise to the Jews in which they would all be saved?

I am confused here my sister.

Bronzesnake
Reba
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2005, 09:18:47 AM »

Again and again Bronze the scripture  we were discussing says ALL ISRAEL will be saved it does not say ALL JEWS, correct? Do you read my post or just scan them? Below are a few translations in everyone the verse is written to say 'all Israel. I trust God trust His Word and in this case His words are ALL ISRAEL yours are ALL JEWS.

Rom 11:26

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
KJV

and so all Israel will be saved. Even as it is written, "There will come out of Zion the Deliverer, and he will turn away ungodliness from Jacob. WEB

and so all Israel shall be saved: even as it is written, There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer; He shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: ASV

And so all Israel will get salvation: as it is said in the holy Writings, There will come out of Zion the One who makes free; by him wrongdoing will be taken away from Jacob: BBE

and so all Israel shall be saved. According as it is written, The deliverer shall come out of Zion; he shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob. DBY

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: KJV

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: WBS

and so all Israel will be saved. As is declared in Scripture, "From Mount Zion a Deliverer will come: He will remove all ungodliness from Jacob; WEY

and so all Israel shall be saved, according as it hath been written, 'There shall come forth out of Sion he who is delivering, and he shall turn away impiety from Jacob, YLT  
Bronzesnake
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2005, 12:20:58 PM »

Reba.

What do you think "Israel" means in the context of the verses from which we are debating?,  Is it the actual land, or the people? If you agree that it's the people, then who does the term "Israel" include? Does it include ALL Israel - or just a portion of Israel?

Bronzesnake
Joshua

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2005, 12:44:19 PM »

OK now I am thouroghly confused. If God didn't break his promise then why would we not be able to trust God?

Mark 9:25 Wether this man is a sinner I do not know, but one thind I DO know is I was blind but now I SEE.
Reba
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2005, 01:27:55 PM »

Reba.

What do you think "Israel" means in the context of the verses from which we are debating?,  Is it the actual land, or the people? If you agree that it's the people, then who does the term "Israel" include? Does it include ALL Israel - or just a portion of Israel?

Bronzesnake

Rom 9:6

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
KJV

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
KJV

G2474
Ἰσραήλ
Israēl
is-rah-ale'
Of Hebrew origin [H3478]; Israel (that is, Jisrael), the adopted name of Jacob, including his descendants (literally or figuratively): - Israel.

I find the word Israel to be the same (Strongs # 2474) in both these scriptures. I accept Strongs definition as I am no scholar of Greek or Hebrew.  Or as most here know English  Tongue

Bronzesnake
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2005, 01:42:57 PM »

Reba.

Bronzesnake

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
KJV

KJV

G2474
Ἰσραήλ
Israēl
is-rah-ale'
Of Hebrew origin [H3478]; Israel (that is, Jisrael), the adopted name of Jacob, including his descendants (literally or figuratively): - Israel.

I find the word Israel to be the same (Strongs # 2474) in both these scriptures. I accept Strongs definition as I am no scholar of Greek or Hebrew.  Or as most here know English  Tongue

I think we both have different ideas of what the following verse means...

Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
KJV

I think it is saying that just because you are born in Israel doesn't make you a Jew - For example: a person of Iranian descent could be born there - the verse is making a point that JEWS only are included in the first covenant.

Therefore, it makes sense to say tha the statement "All Israel" does not mean all people born in Israel - it means all Jews.

Bronzesnake
Reba
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2005, 01:55:54 PM »

Sorry the for the ^^*&T&(%^^%$ i didn't see that.

Well Strongs uses the same meaning for the same word in the two scriptures. Seems in verse Rom 9:6 you choose to use the word Israel to mean the land, and in verse 11:26 you use it to be the people. I will go with Strongs defination which makes itthe same meaning in both verses.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2005, 02:13:29 PM »

Well Strongs uses the same meaning for the same word in the two scriptures. Seems in verse Rom 9:6 you choose to use the word Israel to mean the land, and in verse 11:26 you use it to be the people. I will go with Strongs defination which makes itthe same meaning in both verses.

That's not true Reba. Read the verse it uses the word Israel in two contexts.

Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they [are] not all Israel, which are of Israel:  

Notice the noun "they" in this verse. A country can not be identified as "they" only people are identified in this manner.

With that piece of information, this verse is easily understood. Here's the meaning of the two Israels.

Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they [are] not all Jewish, which are from Israel:  

How can you intpret this verse any other way Reba.
This isn't that difficult to understand my friend. We must take things in context otherwise we can be seriously confused.

Bronzesnake
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2005, 02:50:58 PM »

Reba.

Bronzesnake

KJV

KJV

G2474
Ἰσραήλ
Israēl
is-rah-ale'

I think we both have different ideas of what the following verse means...

Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
KJV

I think it is saying that just because you are born in Israel doesn't make you a Jew - For example: a person of Iranian descent could be born there - the verse is making a point that JEWS only are included in the first covenant.

Therefore, it makes sense to say tha the statement "All Israel" does not mean all people born in Israel - it means all Jews.

Bronzesnake

Another thing to think of here. The lineage of Ishmael are also "of Israel". This is why the following verse amplifies this by saying "Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children:"

We also must consider the verse following that:

Rom 9:8  That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

(I had to come back and modify this post. Boy did I mess it up the first time around. Sorry)

« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 03:05:08 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Reba
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2005, 02:51:05 PM »

That's not true Reba. Read the verse it uses the word Israel in two contexts.

Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they [are] not all Israel, which are of Israel:  

Notice the noun "they" in this verse. A country can not be identified as "they" only people are identified in this manner.

With that piece of information, this verse is easily understood. Here's the meaning of the two Israels.

Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they [are] not all Jewish, which are from Israel:  

How can you intpret this verse any other way Reba.
This isn't that difficult to understand my friend. We must take things in context otherwise we can be seriously confused.

Bronzesnake
Rom 9:6  (1161) Not3756 as though3754, (3634) the3588 word3056 of God2316 hath taken none effect.1601 For1063 they3778 are not3756 all3956 Israel,2474 which3588 are of1537 Israel:2474

Rom 11:26  And2532 so3779 all3956 Israel2474 shall be saved:4982 as2531 it is written,1125 There shall come2240 out of1537 Zion4622 the3588 Deliverer,4506 and2532 shall turn away654 ungodliness763 from575 Jacob:2384

What is not true? I said Strongs uses the same meaning for the word Israel in both verses posted above are those verses from esword.
Mrs.Chosen

Chosen By GOD Isaiah 43:1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2005, 10:38:20 AM »

Ok, 1st i'll answer your question.  How can we trust GOD. I can trust Him because I believe in HIM and He is perfect without mistakes. I know He does not break HIS promises, and I never said He did. He has a plan and sometimes when you people look into the scriptures they see a and others see B. It is up to us to yeild to the Holy Spirit then for GOD's understanding.

I know one thing. Being a jew by blood in the day we are living in right now will not get you saved. Thats the bottom line. GOD promises that.

In Christ Jesus Love,

L.Gore
BigD
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2005, 02:08:35 PM »

Bronzesnake posted:
Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.  

Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:  

Rom 11:27 For this [is] my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.  

Gen 17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.  

Gen 17:8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.  

These verses clearly describe a promise that God made with the Jews. Some of us believe God has broken that promise.

BigD
I, for one, do not believe that God has broken "that promise" to Israel.

When "the fulnessness of the Gentiles be come in" (the rapture) (Rms11:25), "And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written..." (vs 26).

Paul is quoting from Isaiah 59:20, 21 "And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the Lord. And for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in my mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever."

It appears to me that all those of Israel that "turn from transgression" will go into the kingdom that Christ will establish at His 2nd coming.

Also, Jeremiah 31:34 "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they hall all know me from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

The promses of Genesis 17:7, 8 are still to be fulfilled. THEY WILL BE!

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Often and Love the Lord!
Sulfurdolphin

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2005, 02:17:01 PM »

All Israel means all of the Jewish people who are currently living will all be saved it will be a Universal Salvation for the Jewish people when Christ comes and reveals His nailed scared hand to the Jewish Race.

Michael
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2005, 04:29:53 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I simply consider ALL OF GOD'S PROMISES TO BE DONE AT HIS APPOINTED TIME.

We might not understand all of God's Promises, and we will have agreement and disagreement about what those promises are and what they mean. BUT, they will be or already have been done most completely and perfectly.

If there is any doubt, it will be in our interpretation and understanding. In terms of God's Promises, there is no doubt at all. I know there would be great joy if Christians completely understood exactly what things will be like for us 1,000 years from now and for eternity with JESUS. BUT, all we can do right now in this life is use the descriptions of the Holy Bible and our imaginations about what it will be like. Almighty God told us in HIS WORD that our imagination is insufficient to realize what HE has prepared for us who love HIM. That's more than enough for me. It is HIS PROMISES that are the absolute reality of the hope within my heart.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the