Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:28:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  CHRIST OR the devil
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CHRIST OR the devil  (Read 20571 times)
Bronzesnake
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2005, 05:43:00 PM »

quote"I would never disagree with that!  

I'm saying to you that ALL JEWS will be saved by Jesus. Not just some."

it just seems to me that you want to be right and not see where I am coming from even though I keep telling you I'm not talking about in the future, I am speaking of today and at this moment.
What is the doctrine that a true jewish person lives by right now 2/16/05

Lisa, my friend - my sister...let's not allow this "debate" to get away from us my sister. I'm not trying to be right - it's not my scriptures that I'm quoting from - these verses come straight from God my sister.

Please allow me to go back a wee bit, and ask you to address these verses. First are two verses straight from the Old Testament.

Gen 17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.  

Lisa my sister in Jesus...what do you believe God is telling the Jews in this verse? Why does He specifically say "thee and thy seed after thee in their generations"  and then He says "for an everlasting covenant"
Do you believe this promise has somehow been canceled?

Gen 17:8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.  

Remeber Lisa, God is telling the Jews this a couple of thousand years before Jesus came and died on the cross - and He is telling them that, not only will the Jews who are alive at the time He was making that promise, but all the generations of Jews to come after them. Why would God make such a promise if He wouldn't keep it?

Do you agree that God made that promise to those Jews and all the future generations of Jews to come? Because that's exactly what He said..."thee and thy seed after thee in their generations"

Bronzesnake
Reba
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2005, 05:49:35 PM »

Bronzesnake,

You are saying all Jews will be saved. What does all Jews mean? What makes a person a Jew. Birthplace, family blood line, relegion? What in your view makes a person a Jew?
Mrs.Chosen

Chosen By GOD Isaiah 43:1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2005, 05:56:27 PM »

You didn't tell me what the doctrine of the Jewish man was TODAY.
As of 2/16/05 what do jews believe?

In Christ Jesus Love,

L.Gore
Mrs.Chosen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2005, 06:01:14 PM »

Secondly you keep posting scriptures that I am fully aware of like that is the whole bible and GOD does not refer to the jews any where eslse in the bible.
When I posted the scriptures that refer to them, it seems you have ignored them or refused to study them to see what they have to do with the jews. Instead of just taking some time away from this board and studing to see if you may be a little in error, you just hold fast to you own interpatation of what GOD is saying and remain unteachable.

I still have love for you Grin

In Christ Jesus Love,

L.Gore
Mrs.Chosen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2005, 06:09:15 PM »

Check this out and try to feel where I'm coming from.

The was a jewish man dieing of cancer on 2/16/05 and the doctors said he would not probally make it through the night.
A Christian comes to his bed side and asked have you every accepted Jesus as God and saviour of your life. The man says no I was raised to belive the Messiah has not come. Jesus was just a man and not GOD. The Christian ask will you accept HIM now while you have time? They do not accept HIM because that would be against every thing they believe (have a conversation with a real jewish jew). He dies in the next second. Where is he going according to the Bible?

Just do me one favor before you respond to this.
Have a conversation with a true jew. And see what they believe.

In Christ Jesus Love,

L.Gore
Reba
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2005, 06:41:31 PM »

Bronzesnake

Gen 17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
Gen 17:9

9 And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.
KJV

Gen 17:14

14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.KJV

Gen 18:19

19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.KJV

I see the covenant between God and Abe as conditional. I know you dont and we will not change each other minds Tongue

Rom 4:16

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
KJV

Rom 9:8

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
KJV

Gal 3:29-4:1

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

KJV

Salvation is in the Cross, not in ones bood of natural birth, but in the shed blood of our Saviour Jesus Christ.
He is the salvation of the world. Repentance is at the Cross.

Rom 10:11-13

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
KJV

Gal 3:28

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
KJV

Col 3:11

11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
KJV

Rom 2:28-29

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
KJV

« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 06:45:26 PM by Reba » Logged
Bronzesnake
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2005, 07:31:12 PM »

Secondly you keep posting scriptures that I am fully aware of like that is the whole bible and GOD does not refer to the jews any where eslse in the bible.
When I posted the scriptures that refer to them, it seems you have ignored them or refused to study them to see what they have to do with the jews. Instead of just taking some time away from this board and studing to see if you may be a little in error, you just hold fast to you own interpatation of what GOD is saying and remain unteachable.

I still have love for you Grin

Lisa my sister. I can say the same thing to you - does that make you "unteachable" also? or are you above reproach?

You didn't respond to my question in my last post, so how can I begin to understand where you are coming from in relation to those verses?

Bronzesnake
Bronzesnake
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2005, 07:33:17 PM »

Bronzesnake,

You are saying all Jews will be saved. What does all Jews mean? What makes a person a Jew. Birthplace, family blood line, relegion? What in your view makes a person a Jew?

Reba my friend.

If you don't know who Jews are, then I surely can not tell you.

Bronzesnake
Bronzesnake
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2005, 07:49:03 PM »

Bronzesnake

Gen 17:9

9 And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.
KJV

Gen 17:14

14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.KJV

19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.KJV

I see the covenant between God and Abe as conditional. I know you dont and we will not change each other minds Tongue

Rom 4:16

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
KJV

Rom 9:8

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
KJV

Gal 3:29-4:1

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

KJV

Salvation is in the Cross, not in ones bood of natural birth, but in the shed blood of our Saviour Jesus Christ.
He is the salvation of the world. Repentance is at the Cross.

Rom 10:11-13

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
KJV

Gal 3:28

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
KJV

Col 3:11

11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
KJV

Rom 2:28-29

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
KJV

Reeba...

14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.KJV[/b]
Notice the wording in this verse Reeba... It says thou shall be cut off from his people for disobeying God. It does not say...thou (Jews) shall be cut off from God - because for that to happen, God would have to break His promise.

You do understand that being a Jew is more than simply being born in Israel...right? It's a lineage.

Maybe you can tell me what God is telling the Jews Reeba...
What do these verses mean?
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Isn't Jesus telling us that He will take away all their sins in this and the next verse?

Rom 11:27 For this [is] my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.  

This is not my "interpretation" if it says something different, please enlighten me sisters.

Bronzesnake
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 07:56:21 PM by Bronzesnake » Logged
Mrs.Chosen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2005, 11:32:42 PM »

This is what I said "But in fact they are because if your Father is not GOD then your father is satan. It just that plan.
So that goes for cults, muslims, jews, mother nature worshipers, etc."
Judaism is a false god religion right now. Point blank.

Quote "
and Satan is not their father just because they haven’t received Jesus as their Messiah."
Welllll. Jesus is GOD. So if they haven't received then WHO"S THEIR DADDY?

Quote "Also, Jesus did not call the Jews evil in Luke 13:26-27 as you say He did.  Jesus was referring to ALL people who reject Him; all people groups will be standing at the Judgment Seat."
Who were the Pharisees if they weren't jews? See no one studied. Who knows everything? I don't. So can I be wrong about somethings, sure. But this I have done a great deal of studying on.
Also if you have a study Bible you will notice that indeed the passage I posted is referring to Judaism.
Quote"Also, the Galatians 1:6-10 passage that you used to defend your accusation against the Jews cannot hold water because Paul was speaking to the Gentiles only there."

The New King James Vesion Bible Thomas Nelson Publishers 1980.
"The Epistle of Paul The Apostle to the Galations
Occasion and Purpose: Legalists in the church , called JUDAIZERS, taught that certain Old Testament laws were still binding upon Christians. They reasoned that GOD's promises extended only to jews, and that Gentiles must be circumcised before they could fully experience salvation. "

I just want to make sure I address everthing that you have typed.Now please don't get upset at what I'm about to say because that is not where I'm coming from.
I wonder if you read the Bible how you read peoples post because I never said the jews were in a cult.

Your Quote"Mrs. Chosen, your first post here to begin this debate thread was that the Jews are a cult categorized with other cults, and that Jews have Satan as their father, just as the other cults.  This is very wrong and is very bad to say.'
I never said that. Take a look back and read slowly. I gave a list of Non Christians, and Anti Christ people. Same thing yes.
GOS said either ya with HIM or you not. I didn;t say this GOD did. GOD is Jesus. Now like I said talk to a jew then come holla at me. My husband studies jews because where he works is at a golf club that they all come to. He talks to these men on daily basis as I have also. They are rejecting Christ as of TODAY!!!!! Can someone say today with me???
 Cheesy

In Christ Jesus Love,

L.Gore
Mrs.Chosen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2005, 11:33:25 PM »

CAN i GET SOME HELP ON THIS TOPIC?
WHO ELSE IS WITH ME?

In Christ Jesus Love,

L.Gore
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2005, 11:59:47 PM »

CAN i GET SOME HELP ON THIS TOPIC?
WHO ELSE IS WITH ME?

Mrs. Chosen,

I didn't read all of the posts so I just have a quick comment.  The Jews believe in the God of the bible but they don't believe that Jesus Christ is the Messiah.  They're still waiting for Messiah.

No, they aren't a cult.

Grace and peace,
cris

Mrs.Chosen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2005, 12:20:32 AM »

lest see if I can type this in your language...
I DIDN'T SAY JEWS WERE A CULT!!!!! HELLO

WHATS THE MATTER? I KNOW I'M A LITTLE GHETTO BUT I'M SPEAKING VERY PLAINLY HERE Grin.

QUOTE: "The Jews believe in the God of the bible but they don't believe that Jesus Christ is the Messiah.  They're still waiting for Messiah."
JESUS SAID IAM. WE KNOW I AM IS GOD RIGHT. SO IF THEY DON'T BELIEVE...
WHAT ARE WE MISSING? i WANT TO SOULD LOVING BUT IT'S LIKE YOU GUYS ARE MAKING ME BE STERN.
Study to show yourself. Yall keep saying the jews don't believe in Jesus like it's no big deal. Yo, they don't know HIM so they don't know the TRUE GOD of THE Bible. When GOD came down they said "YOU ARE NOT GOD"
So until the confess him as GOD, they won't be getting in!
Now like I said, go and talk to a jew that holds to their doctrine, (noticed I said doctrine and not cult). Then come back and tell me how they can make it to heaven if they die today without Jesus.
Thats all.

In Christ Jesus Love,

L.Gore
Reba
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2005, 12:41:18 AM »

Bronzesnake,

Reba my friend.

If you don't know who Jews are, then I surely can not tell you.

Bronzesnake

OK bronze i asked for your view but you do not wish to answer. I am sorry you refuse.
Mrs.Chosen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2005, 12:46:35 AM »

Reba how can Bronze tell you what makes a jew a jew?
That would require him to study. But it's true. Not being mean. We all gotta study!!!

But broze Reba didn't ask you who were the jews or where did they come from. She said what makes a person a jew?
Because of their parents or their heart. Listen... Wink

In Christ Jesus Love,

L.Gore
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the