Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:21:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Who Knocks and Who Hears and Opens?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who Knocks and Who Hears and Opens?  (Read 10319 times)
ollie
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2003, 05:54:59 AM »

Revelation 3:20.  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Jesus Christ knocks at the door. If any man hears and opens the door, Christ comes in.

Christ does the knocking, man does the hearing and opening.

Does this tell us anything about Jesus Christ's active part and man's active part in coming to Christ? Does man choose to open the door after hearing?

Ollie,

These verses are addressed to christians, not unbelievers, although the same truths, will produce results for them, for instance, anyone who hears the word of God and desires to hear more, will begiven more hearing to hear by the Spirit of God.

You began this verse, to teach that dead men, somehow hear the word of God, and open some kind of door, this is the teaching, you people teach to prove that men, of their own ability while dead in sin, are able to hear the word of God, and come to faith they produce, by their own ability to hear.

I and others have shown you, no man is able to hear the word of God, unless God's word produces that hearing, to hear the gosple, and when it is done, it produces the Faith (which is also, a gift of God) necessary to come to Christ.

It was further pointed out to you, that this verse at Rev 3:20,  is speaking of those who are already saved, thus mention of the church.

The church of Laodecia, is a visible church (congregation of believers with unbelievrs in their midst) made up of sheep and goats, the door is closed because, it has been shut by someone other than man or God.

Your attention is invited to Vers 7, the church of God, has one door and that door is Jesus, who said;

I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. (Jhn 10:9)

The door of Rev 3:20, should not shut, yet it is.........why??

Who is it that shut the door, and why is the door shut??

To understand this passage, ,I suppose you must answer the questions.
My questions or the ones below that are yours?   Huh

I'll try answering yours, although I am not sure I understand your post.

Why is the door locked to Christs church in this passage of scripture??
Does it say that? It is addressed to the church of the Laodiceans.

This message is addressed to the angel of the church of Laodecia. (vs 14)
What point are you trying to make herein??

Revelation 3:14.  And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; these things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
 15.  I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
 16.  So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
 17.  Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
 18.  I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
 19.  As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
 20.  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
 21.  To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
 22.  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

The next point which should be evident to you is that this verse speaks to any man who hears His voice, this qualified by verse 22,

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

The unsaved have ears but can't hear, unless the Spirit gives them hearing, the saved have hearing to hear;  

The second point herein is that He comes in to the man (not all men in this church) that hears, not necessarily the church, but each individual who hears his voice and opens the door, He comes in to have sup with him, and He with that person.

Jesus, hear is not speaking to unbelievers??  or is He??

The verse says "any man", but the message is directed to the church of the Laodiceans. Does this mean any man of that congregation? It seems a general proclamation from the Lord about what He will do when any man, hears His voice, (knock)
and any man opens.

The point being that Christ does the knocking and voicing, man does the hearing and opening so He can come in.

The point has been made, Jesus speaks to "any man" but as has been said; the unsaved cannot hear, unless hearing is given to them.

Maybe you think, it isn't...necessary to ask questions..

Petro

I'm in the dark here with your last sentence and don't understand it.

In His Love,
Ollie

I understand......

God Bless ,

Petro
How did the unsaved in Acts 2 have the ability to hear and respond to Peter's preaching?
They heard and were pricked in their hearts by this word and asked what shall they DO and Peter told them, "Repent and be baptized", it is something they must DO. Is it not?
Peter says nothing about the Holy Spirit in them doing it. The word of God has called them to do what the word of God wills. He does say if they do it they will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is given to those who obey God! One  has to do first before getting. Then one has to continue doing!
The do verses seem to get ignored by the ones who use the "by faith only" verses.

Acts 2:37 reveals that the unsaved hear and respond to The word of God. The gift of the Spirit is not theirs yet.

Acts 2:37.  Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall WE do?

38.  Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2003, 03:01:06 PM by ollie » Logged
John the Baptist
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2003, 08:39:41 AM »

(removed)

were pricked in their heart[/b], and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall WE do?

38.  Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

John here: Quoting 1/2 Gospel Promises are NO Gospel! Where ARE the EVERLASTING COVENANT CONDITIONS??? That is the 'd'evils way of doctrinizing his captives, see Matt. 4:6 for a almost perfectly QUOTED PROMISE from Psalms 91:11! And the Master went back into ALL SCRIPTURE to Deut. 6:16 to [PROVE *HIS TRUTH!].  

ALL SCRIPTURE IS NEEDED!! 2 Tim. 3:16
Where is the Master's Matt. 28:20 verse seen in just a part of His Gospel?? "COMMAND THEM TO OBSERVE ALL THINGS WHATSOEVER I HAVE COMMANDED YOU."

And it is not possible to be saved without HAVING the Holy Spirit!! John 3:3 And HIS POSSESSION of [us] is CONDITIONAL on OUR TOTAL SURRENDER TO CHRIST-- HIS LETTER or 'EPISTLE'... COMMANDMENTS of 2 Cor. 3:3 ARE
HIS VERY WILL FOR US!

See Acts 9:6 "LORD WHAT WILL THOU HAVE ME TO DO???" (NOTHING Huh, JUST ONE THING?? REMEMBER THAT SAUL (PAUL) HAD THE [COMPLETE PACKAGE] OF 'SEED' SOWN! HE EVEN WITTNESSED STEVENS [WITTNESS] AT DEATH. READ IT in Acts 7! (he too was kicking against the PRICTS of the Holy Ghost!)  

And then one can see that [ALL] EVERLASTING GOSPEL (Rev. 14:6)  can [NEVER] VOID OUT ACTS 5:32!! To be BORN AGAIN WILL NEVER, NEVER TAKE PLACE, UNTIL THE STUBBORN 'WILL' IS SURRENDERED (*ALL OF IT) TO THE HOLY GHOST! (CHRIST'S REPRESENTATIVE!)

Then & only then will the person answer, and [want to] answer RIGHTLY to the Master's question or [statement] that He tells us the BOTTOM line is, "IF YE LOVE ME, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS". (and what commandments are these? see Rev. 12:17-Ex. 31:18 & James 2:8-12)

---John
ollie
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2003, 01:27:06 PM »

Hi John,

Here is more of the Lord's good news.

Enjoy it slowly and let it wash over you and bring you comfort in the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 15

1.  Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
 2.  By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
 3.  For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4.  And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
 5.  And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
 6.  After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
 7.  After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
 8.  And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
 9.  For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
 10.  But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
 11.  Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.
 12.  Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
 13.  But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
 14.  And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
 15.  Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
 16.  For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
 17.  And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
 18.  Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
 19.  If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
 20.  But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
 21.  For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
 22.  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
 23.  But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
 24.  Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
 25.  For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
 26.  The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
 27.  For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
 28.  And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
 29.  Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?
 30.  And why stand we in jeopardy every hour?
 31.  I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.
 32.  If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.
 33.  Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
 34.  Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.
 35.  But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?
 36.  Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
 37.  And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:
 38.  But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.
 39.  All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.
 40.  There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
 41.  There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
 42.  So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
 43.  It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
 44.  It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
 45.  And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
 46.  Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
 47.  The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
 48.  As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
 49.  And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
 50.  Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
 51.  Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
 52.  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
 53.  For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
 54.  So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
 55.  O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
 56.  The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
 57.  But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
 58.  Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Have a very good day,
In the love of Christ,
Ollie
ollie
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2003, 02:38:02 PM »

(removed)

were pricked in their heart[/b], and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall WE do?

John here: Quoting 1/2 Gospel Promises are NO Gospel! Where ARE the EVERLASTING COVENANT CONDITIONS??? That is the 'd'evils way of doctrinizing his captives, see Matt. 4:6 for a almost perfectly QUOTED PROMISE from Psalms 91:11! And the Master went back into ALL SCRIPTURE to Deut. 6:16 to [PROVE *HIS TRUTH!].  

ALL SCRIPTURE IS NEEDED!! 2 Tim. 3:16
Where is the Master's Matt. 28:20 verse seen in just a part of His Gospel?? "COMMAND THEM TO OBSERVE ALL THINGS WHATSOEVER I HAVE COMMANDED YOU."

And it is not possible to be saved without HAVING the Holy Spirit!! John 3:3 And HIS POSSESSION of [us] is CONDITIONAL on OUR TOTAL SURRENDER TO CHRIST-- HIS LETTER or 'EPISTLE'... COMMANDMENTS of 2 Cor. 3:3 ARE
HIS VERY WILL FOR US!

See Acts 9:6 "LORD WHAT WILL THOU HAVE ME TO DO???" (NOTHING Huh, JUST ONE THING?? REMEMBER THAT SAUL (PAUL) HAD THE [COMPLETE PACKAGE] OF 'SEED' SOWN! HE EVEN WITTNESSED STEVENS [WITTNESS] AT DEATH. READ IT in Acts 7! (he too was kicking against the PRICTS of the Holy Ghost!)  

And then one can see that [ALL] EVERLASTING GOSPEL (Rev. 14:6)  can [NEVER] VOID OUT ACTS 5:32!! To be BORN AGAIN WILL NEVER, NEVER TAKE PLACE, UNTIL THE STUBBORN 'WILL' IS SURRENDERED (*ALL OF IT) TO THE HOLY GHOST! (CHRIST'S REPRESENTATIVE!)

Then & only then will the person answer, and [want to] answer RIGHTLY to the Master's question or [statement] that He tells us the BOTTOM line is, "IF YE LOVE ME, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS". (and what commandments are these? see Rev. 12:17-Ex. 31:18 & James 2:8-12)

---John
Hi, John,

You omitted the sentence that explains why I posted what I posted. You distort my words through omission and make people believe I am giving 1/2 the gospel. I am not indoctrinizing anything for the devil, but rather demonstrating through God's word that the lost can hear His word, If they cannot what is the point for Jesus Christ!? The gospel of Christ is preached for and to the lost, not for the found. It calls the lost to Jesus Christ. The unlost have been called already. The unlost are to go beyond the milk and teach and or preach.

Here is my ommitted sentence that goes before the other words in my post. Thanks again.

Acts 2:37 reveals that the unsaved hear and respond to The word of God. The gift of the Spirit is not theirs yet.

You also omitted the important part about hearing in Acts 37.
Here it is again.
 Acts 2:37.  Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Take care.
Ollie

Post-Script. I added a paragraph to the beginning of the post you quote. You may not have seen it.

Let God's word wash over you as you abide in it and are cleansed by it.
Ollie
« Last Edit: July 28, 2003, 02:50:22 PM by ollie » Logged
ollie
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2003, 07:59:21 PM »

Matthew 7:24.  Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
 25.  And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
 26.  [/b]And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:[/b]
 27.  And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

John the Baptist
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2003, 09:56:00 PM »

Hi Ollie. (John here)
About True Gospel? I am sure that we must dis/agree much. That does not mean that one can read our minds. Surely you can be assured that, that is my belief anyway. One is accountable for the KNOWLEDGE that God gives & that they OBEY! (you or me! See Hosea 4:6 & Luke 12:47-48)

And about you correcting my remarks?? That to is OK by me if what was said is wrong. Surely you do not believe that a person can be saved by claiming one bible promise? I had the thinking that your posts kind of agreed with the Word on that subject?

Just a remark for you to 'please' remember Smiley. When something is printed by me, rarely do I print [anything] for just one poster individually. If I do, perhaps the one will know it?? I do not remember anything printed addressed to you personally? Even the 'closet' dwellers post by me, are the 'most' of many. (a 'alias' group)

And the thought of 1/2 Gospel? Most here belive in PROMISED SALVATION [WITHOUT ANY CONDITIONS] it seems? One bird even has a thread on it?  If you were included with these ones, it was not by name! This doctrine is OPENLY evil beyond means! It VIOLATES Rev. 14:6 & Heb. 13:20's EVERLASTING GOSPEL & COVENANT! Cry Cry (did you catch the word doctrine?)

In the Master quickly FINISHED work for the HOUSE OF GOD FIRST, (1 Peter 4:17 & Lev. 16:14)
       John
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2003, 11:19:40 PM »

Ollie,

To answer your questions, which you pose;

How did the unsaved in Acts 2 have the ability to hear and respond to Peter's preaching?

You know this because we have given you the answer to this question, time and time again.

Eph 2
8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.
The gift of Faith is given by God's grace and mercy,  this is done when one believes His Word (God's word), which Jesus spoke in His name; and Faith, when placed on the finished works of Jesus, counted for our righteouness, (Rom4:5-8)

They heard and were pricked in their hearts by this word and asked what shall they DO

Well they didn't prick their own hearts, did they??  

Gods word produced their reaction to recognize they were outside the promises of God.  Perhaps he was using the opportunity to draw them to Christ, Huh..do you believe this might have been possible..

Thus their response to the truth of what they heard.  So would you believe, they turned to Peter (who had been preaching the gosple to them), and asked what must we do, Peters response was "Repent, and be baptised", Jesus said;

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. (Mk16:16)

Believing Gods word and responding to Gods commandment "To Repent", is essential to receiving and comming to Faith in Jesus.

and Peter told them, "Repent and be baptized", it is something they must DO. Is it not?

Absolutely, We also shared with you that, God who knows mens hearts, gives repentance to them that, repent sincerely, John said

"Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance,"(Lk 3:Cool,
so it is NOT just mouthing words, there has to be a sincere contrite broken heart, when one comes to the Throne of Grace,

So, it is not, an outward seeking of repentance carefully with tears as Esau did, but a real burning inward desire to get right with God.

We as gentiles, were once, outside the promises of God once, we were aliens from the commonwealthof Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: however in Christ God has granted all gentiles repentance unto life(Eph 2:12), through

His name Israel has been given repnetancem (Acts 5:31)

2 Tim 2
24  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
25  In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26  And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Peter says nothing about the Holy Spirit in them doing it.

Your statement is loaded, because you still haven't submitted to the word.

The word of God has called them to do what the word of God wills.

No argument with you here.  The Word of God expresses Gods will, that is for sure, the promises of God thru the same Word will bring it fruition to them that are called by God.

He does say if they do it they will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is given to those who obey God!

Correct, Acts 5:32, Please note I gave you verse 31, above.  

Thats right, those who are granted repentance are given the Holy Spirit, because they seek to obey the commandment to repent.

One has to do first before getting.

You have made the statement, you believe only the scriptures, here is the test to see, if this is true;

Do you believe, Eph 1:5and 11??  

Or do you believe like many others that those whom God, has predestinated, will not be adopted as children by Jesus Christ.

How about;  Jhn 1:12-13,.......... Do you believe these verse.  

I don't know, why I ask you this, I know you don't believe these..I suppose I ask you, so that perhaps you might consider, IF what you really believe matches up with scripture...

Then one has to continue doing!
The do verses seem to get ignored by the ones who use the "by faith only" verses.

Do what??   If you are refferring to keep the law. instead of preaching the word, the answer to this is found in the scriptures.

The doing, should be preaching and teaching the unsearchable riches of Christ, to all creatures

Acts 2:37. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall WE do?

This is because you see, the pricking of the heart as coming from within themselves, we know it is Gods Spirit working in them, drawing them, notice the word heard, only Gods Spirit can give hearing to them that cannot hear, and sight to the blind,

Note, what Isaih said;

Isa 6
8  Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
9  And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
10  Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

Somehow in your preverted sort of way of teaching the word according to Ollie, you would claim that a man is able to produce the hearing to hear and the sight to see, and the understanding to perceive with the heart  and convert themselves.  This is why the doing never ends for you, this is the work, and it must continue, because to stop, would end the gift of salvation, this sounds like another gosple.

38. Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

This is that moment of truth, when the Spirit of God brings everyone who is saved to enlightenment throught the foolishness of preaching,  the gosple of the Grace of God, that person is no longer in darkness concerning the way of salvation, and there,  is no longer any excuses,

To not repent from the sin of living the life of blasphemy (that is to say, rejecting the teaching of the Holy Spirit of God) is to chose eternal death.  This is why Heb 6:4-6,  makes it perfectly clear that these that are brought to this point by the Grace of God, and turn away from the gift of God, can never be brought back to this place again, because they have done despite to the Spirit of Grace. (Heb 10:29)

The conclusion is that God equips every person he saves with everything he needs to come to God to be saved, left to himself, he would never make an attempt of his own free will,  to do so, because he doesn't possess 'free will', he is in bondage to sin and the

"god of this world of this world  who hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." (2 Cor 4:4)

PS- Please don't revisit Rev 3:20, or Rev 14:12, again, you have been quoting these verse, over and over, it is hard to understand how you can build an entire doctrine around two misquoted verses, however if you have any others post them, I'd be interestsed in seeing them also..

God Bless

Petro

Ralph

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2003, 02:32:53 PM »

Asaph: Jesus statement concerning "I stand at the door..."
was not made to unbelievers, but to one of the churches
made up to believers who were alive to hear and obey the Lord.The verse which is the pertinent verse concerning unbelievers in Acts where--now grasp this firmly--the Lord "opened" the heart of Lydia, the seller of purple so that she would believe the gospel. Another verse in Acts which relates that same truth is when the scripture notes that "As many as were ordained unto eternal life believed." Please don't get too tangled up with doctrinal questions which vex you. Devote your time to the consideration of Christ because, friend, in Him are hidden "all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." Always remember that Jesus Christ is the express image of the only true God. As Jesus said,
"He that has seen me has seen the Father." In Him alone can rest for the soul and confidence be found. Please have a good day.
ollie
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2003, 08:38:24 PM »

Matthew 7:24.  Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
 25.  And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
 26.  And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
 27.  And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Matthew 13:18.  Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
 19.  When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
 20.  But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
 21.  Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
 22.  He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
 23.  But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

The lost hear the word of God and are called to God through Christ by it.
 Romans10:13.  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
 14.  How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

13.  But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
 14.  Whereunto he called you,(the members of the Thessalonian church), by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We do not know if the seven churches refered to in Revelation heard or not. Is there a record of their adhering to the words of Christ and in obedience overcoming? We only know of their shortcomings and what would be if they overcame them and some of what would be if they did not overcome them.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the