Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:57:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286800 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  ChristiansUnite and Announcements
| |-+  ChristiansUnite and Announcements (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Mom Wants Pro-Homosexual Poster Out of Ariz. Elementary School
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mom Wants Pro-Homosexual Poster Out of Ariz. Elementary School  (Read 602 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2005, 01:14:42 AM »

Mom Wants Pro-Homosexual Poster Out of Ariz. Elementary School

by Jim Brown
January 28, 2005

(AgapePress) - A Christian mom is expressing shock and outrage over the promotion of homosexuality taking place at her children's elementary school in northeastern Arizona.

At issue is a wall poster at Washington Elementary School in Winslow that includes information about the school's female art teacher and features a rainbow flag symbolizing homosexual pride. The poster urges acceptance of all people, regardless of their race, religion, or sexual orientation.

Deborah Ewbank, who has a second-grade son and fourth-grade daughter at the school, recalls her reaction when she first saw the poster. "My mouth fell open," she says. "I was just blown away. In an elementary school, I didn't see a place for this type of word usage."

And the Arizona parent found the images on the wall display as disturbing as its verbal message. "As I looked, I noticed there were only pictures of women together on this poster," she says, "and in one of the pictures, it's highly suggested that these women were going to kiss or had just kissed."

Although Ewbank was appalled by what she saw and read, she points out that her efforts to do something about it have met with discouraging results. "It seems, so far, from the people I've talked to that, as a Christian, I have no right to demand that [the pro-homosexual poster] be removed from the wall of the school," she says.

But the Christian mom insists that something must be done about what she considers an age-inappropriate show of homosexual pride in an elementary school that enrolls students as young as age five. "I don't think children need to see that on a daily basis," she says. "It's hard enough to combat all the other things that they're teaching in schools that go against the Word of God, but that one -- I just can't stand for that."

Dismayed by what she sees happening in her tight-knit community, Ewbank is determined to take action. She says if homosexuality continues to be affirmed in the school, she plans to pull her children out and work with other parents to begin home schooling.
Jim Brown, a regular contributor to AgapePress, is a reporter for American Family Radio News, which can be heard online.

http://news.christiansunite.com/Religion_News/religion02189.shtml

Additional information on ChristiansUnite.com is available on the Internet at http://www.christiansunite.com/
Copyright © 2003 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the