Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:27:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Who Are You..IF?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who Are You..IF?  (Read 2427 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2005, 05:12:16 PM »

Who Are You..IF?

It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, "One nation, under God."

You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.

You still say "Christmas" instead of "Winter Festival."

You bow your head when someone prays.

You stand and place your hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem.

You treat Viet Nam vets with great respect, and always have.

You've never burned an American flag.

You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.

You respect your elders and expect your kids to do the same.

You'd give your last dollar to a friend.

Who are these people who still have the core beliefs of a culture that values home, family, country, and God?

If you had to stand before a dozen terrorists threatening your life, would you want to have one or more of these folks backing you up even though their only weapons might be a tire iron, a squirrel gun, or just PLAIN GRIT?

I'm just curious - who are these people and what do you call them?

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 06:03:09 PM »

Who Are You..IF?
I call them brothers, and sisters, in ______. Hee, hee, hee, heheheheheheheheeeeeeee!!!! I'll let someone else, fill in the space. As well as answer the orginal question. Grin

S.R.T

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 06:52:28 PM »

I think of the South of the United States of America.
As somone from a different culture I don't appreciate the divide as much but I guess you guys are the Traditionalists of your Country. Like the Farmers of Britain.

And thusly spaked SRT
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 06:58:39 PM »

These are at best decent human beings, and still we must recognize  none of  these things will make any of us good enough for the kingdom of God, and only if we accept Jesus Christ as our Saviour,  can we say of a truth we are part of the family of God.

Hey...you asked!  Wink

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 07:54:09 PM »

I am proud to be one of them and proud to call the rest my brothers and sisters.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2005, 10:30:31 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

Well, we have some interesting replies so far. I don't think that we have any ideas from young adults  or teens yet.

I guess this same question could be asked in different ways for many countries. Maybe the key to the question is core cultural values about home, family, country, and especially God.

S.R.T. mentioned the word "Traditionalist", and that's an interesting term that may describe the values that once were and probably should be again. "Traditionalist" probably wouldn't describe current, mainstream cultural values, morals, and ethics, but maybe it might. It might also be interesting how current, mainstream cultural values are defined. Would they simply be the majority view, or might they be the prevailing view?

Who knows what the younger people will say?   Cheesy

Sapphire - Where are you?   Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

James 1:17  Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2005, 08:19:24 AM »

a squirrel gun  Huh  

LOL, I missed that part, is that like a BB-gun  Huh

Is the plain grit because southerners eat so much grits  Huh

sincereheart sent me grits, they were very good!

Ok..i`m derailing again arnt I  Undecided

Grin

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2005, 12:18:29 PM »

I call them those who will stand up for God's Word, those who know immorality when they see it, and those who rest on God's Word as their final Authority. the World calls them Christians. I call them True Believers in Christ Jesus our Lord. I also call them dear Brethren because like them, I do the same things, not because i'm commanded to, but because this nation needs God BACK in it again. And if my meager example will cause someone to seek and to see God, then I will continue. As i said, majority views are over-rated.

S.R.T. i'm from the south as well, however there is as much corruption down here as there is elsewhere. People have just turned a blind eye to it. They believe that if someone goes to church and is a good giver in the church, they should be able to do as they please...I live in what is called the "Bible-belt" The sad thing is, where I live at, these are churched people who have grown up in the Church, yet they continue to do against God's Will and they will have no excuse! It saddens me to see people who call themselves Christians, yet their lifestyle completely contradicts what they profess and they think they can just shirk it off. Trust me, the South here in the States isn't up to par like it used to. Morals are still going down hill here as well. Oh well, i'm done with this for the day, i'm just looking up.

God Bless

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2005, 04:23:33 PM »

Who knows what the younger people will say?   Cheesy

Sapphire - Where are you?   Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

James 1:17  Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
I'm waiting Sapphire, answer as well. Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2005, 04:41:09 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I'm not sure how this will relate to other countries, but maybe it does. For America, I think these people represent the backbone of every generation who stand up for God and country. Without them, we wouldn't have any freedom or liberty. They preserve our way of life and make it well known that we will fight to the death for the freedoms that past generations have already given their blood, sweat, and tears for.

Shylynne, many of these folks do eat grits.   Grin   However, "grit" in this context refers to backbone and determination. By the way, if you add a little bit of salt and butter to those grits, they are finger lickin', lip smackin' good.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 10:10  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2005, 05:17:47 PM »

In the US the media wants us to believe is reality?  Politically Incorrect.  In the US that showed up to vote in the President we now have? Politcally Incorrect and DARN PROUD OF IT!!!!!![/b][/u]   Grin  Or in other words, God fearing Americans.

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2005, 07:18:24 PM »

even up here, in politically correct boston .we have these type of people. the religous conservitives. proud to be one.
we dont have grits but we do know how to cowboy up. Cheesy

the youth around here have been brain washed by the media, generally speaking but their not tottally lost.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2005, 10:28:03 PM »

even up here, in politically correct boston .we have these type of people. the religous conservitives. proud to be one.
we dont have grits but we do know how to cowboy up. :D

the youth around here have been brain washed by the media, generally speaking but their not tottally lost.

Hello Butcha,

It's nice to hear from you.

Let's see - I've heard of Boston - tea parties - right?   :D

We've wondered about those parties in Oklahoma.   ;D

(just kidding)

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2005, 04:04:32 AM »

Hey... I had a lot of those values even before I was saved!!!

Regardless I know plenty of people like that and I'm from Philthadephia, city of brotherly hate...er I mean love.   Wink

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2005, 04:49:46 PM »

Who Are You..IF?

It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, "One nation, under God."

You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.

You still say "Christmas" instead of "Winter Festival."

You bow your head when someone prays.

You stand and place your hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem.

You treat Viet Nam vets with great respect, and always have.

You've never burned an American flag.

You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.

You respect your elders and expect your kids to do the same.

You'd give your last dollar to a friend.

Who are these people who still have the core beliefs of a culture that values home, family, country, and God?

If you had to stand before a dozen terrorists threatening your life, would you want to have one or more of these folks backing you up even though their only weapons might be a tire iron, a squirrel gun, or just PLAIN GRIT?

I'm just curious - who are these people and what do you call them?

Didn't see anything on the list that categorize anyone as christian (such as professing Jesus as Lord)...although most Christians would have all of these charictaristics.

Hmmm, I was going to say soldier or something of that nature, but me thinks its just a plain old decent American...perhaps from Texas of OK since they have squirrel guns, tire irons and grits....lol

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the