Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:38:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Books (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  (Read 1487 times)
Sleeker

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2005, 10:42:32 PM »

So, the new book in the series, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, is set to come out July 16 of this year.  It's the sixth in the septology.  JK says it will definitely be shorter than the fifth.  What we know about the sixth book is (from www.mugglenet.com):

1.  The name of Chapter Two is: Spinners End
2.  The name of Chapter Six is: Draco's Detour
3.  The name of Chapter Fourteen is: Felix Felicis
4.  Harry will leave Privet Drive early again, for a "much pleasanter" reason than in book 5 (less than four weeks).
5.  The opening chapter of book 6 was originally planned for the early parts of book 1, perhaps we get a more in-depth story of what happened the night Harry's parents died.
6.  Neither Harry or Voldemort (including Tom Riddle) are the Half-Blood Prince
7.  Fude will lose his job as Minister of Magic, and Arthur Weasley will not be the new one.
8.  Cho Chang will not be a romantic interest of Harry in Book 6, however there will be a "little romance" for Harry says JK.
9.  We will find out what happened to Hagrid's half brother Grawp. He will be a bit more controllable.
10.  Hermione and Draco will not end up together (in this and in Book 7).
11.Muggles begin to notice "more and more odd" occurrences.
12.  The wizarding world is really at war.
13.  Harry will tell his dearest friends about the prophesy after it sinks in to him.
14.  There will be no "new" nationalities of children at Hogwarts (and not in Book 7 either). Hogwarts is a British school, and JK says that adding foreigners for the sake of it is not in her plans.
15.  The choice between what's right and what's easy will be a pillar of the plot in Harry's last 2 years at Hogwarts

We may find out in this book (and then if not in this book, then the seventh):

1.  Why does Dumbledore trust Snape?
2.  More background information.
3.  Why did JK kill off Sirius?
4.  What happened to Wormtail (Peter Pettigrew)?
5.  More about the animosity between Snape and Sirius may be revealed
6.  JK has said that giving away the form of Snape's boggart and patronus says too much. We'll definitely find out what Snape's worst fear is, and it'll be important.
7.  We will find out what exactly Dudley saw when he looked at the dementors.
8.  The reason Voldemort and Harry both didn't die when Voldemort tried to kill Harry, will be revealed.
9.  We will see more of Draco's mother, Narcissa Malfoy, now that Lucius is busy.
10.  We'll learn more about Harry's scar.
11.  Moaning Myrtle will make an appearance again, as will Tonks.
12.  More about Voldemort's birth will be revealed, thus helping us understand why he is so evil.
13.  We will learn more about Harry's relatives, including his grandparents (though JK says they aren't really important to the story).
14.  We will find out what happened to Sirius's motorbike.
15.  During an interview, when JKR was asked in which Hogwarts room she'd like to be for 1 hour, she said it would be a room in which Harry has been before, but doesn't know its importance. Yet. (this could have happened in book 5, but we're unsure).
16.  It's very important in the plot that Harry has his mother's eyes, and that her wand was very good for charms.
17.  During an interview for Kids BBC, Victor Greensteet (reporter) asked Rowling if Harry would have a dragon for a pet. This is what she replied: "You can't tame a dragon, no matter what Hagrid thinks. It's simply impossible. So no. He has more common sense. He MAY have a different pet in the future, but for now, I won't say anything else". (This could have been buckbeak, but I'm sure we can expect more pets).
18.  In the same interview for Kids BBC, the reporter asked J. K. if Harry had ever used the internet, and this is what she had to say: "No. They (the Dursleys) won't let him go near Dudley's computer, and Dudley is the only one who has a computer. They hit him if he gets too near to the keyboard. So the answer would be No. I use it a lot, but Harry doesn't. Wizards don't really need to go on the web. They have an even better way to find out what's happening in the outside world, which I think is a lot more fun than the Internet, but I'm going to keep quiet on this one."
19.  Harry's parents' profession will be a big part of the plot.
20.  Something huge will be revealed about Lily Potter.

There.  Thanks to Mugglenet, I got all of these.  I just divided them into what's surely (or as close as we're going to get to certainty) going to happen in the Half-Blood Prince, and what may happen in it.  Everything I listed that isn't in the Half-Blood Prince will be in Book 7.

I plan to preorder my copy over the internet because I guarantee you that every single book store will be sold out the day of the release.

And to those of you who believe the series is evil, the good news for you, but not us, is there's only one more book planned after this one.
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 04:48:48 PM »

*Erects anti-Harry Potter shield.*

There you go. That should hold, at least for awhile.

As to your post, that's all quite interesting. I'd suggest editing your post so that theres a big SERIES SPOILERS BELOW sign at the beginning, for those out there who might be interested in the book but haven't finished reading the whole series yet.

All I know is that I'm anxiously awaiting July. Shame it's gonna be a shorter book, though.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the