Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:36:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Need advise and prayers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need advise and prayers  (Read 1682 times)
LennyToo

View Profile WWW
« on: January 18, 2005, 11:27:30 AM »

A bit of background: I gave up my career to stay home with my granddaughter 4 years ago, as I could not bear the thought of her coming to any harm in the care of strangers. I have stood by my daughter through her divorce 3 years ago, and have supported her in all ways through college which she is due to graduate from in May. She is walking outside of grace at this time, and I have watched her go from one man to another: moving each in turn in with her and then dumping them once they proposed. She is now with a 27 year old man, that cannot speak without baby talking...I just cannot stand him!!! She has moved him in and since he recently lost his job, has started leaving the baby home with him. I cannot tell you why, but I have a gut feeling that this guy is not what he lets on to be. My daughter dropped a bombshell on me a couple weeks ago by telling me that she is now trying to become pregnant with this guy!!!! They have no plans of marriage, as they say they will just depend on Medicaid to pay for any babies they want to have!!! I cannot beleive my daughter has lost her mind like this.
Please help me to know if I should risk alienating her by speaking to her about him, and PLEASE PRAY for her!!! Her name is Tiffany.
I welcome wise counsel on this matter ASAP!!!!!
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 06:21:17 PM »

Oh!  Cry I'll pray!

I hope that you will talk to her about this. She needs your love and acceptance, but she needs the truth just as badly.

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
chicklittle

IM me if you want to know me!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 09:49:36 PM »

I agree with willow. If you say nothing you are almost guilty yourself.

I was dating a guy that wasn't good for me.  He was controlling and looking back, probably wasn't really a Christian.  He had lied to me about so many things, and I compromised so much.  My parents said nothing but good things about him, they seemed very approving.  I was thinking and thinking for months about breaking up with him.  I thought maybe it would work out, or this or that.  I had already gone too far with him physically (not sex but almost) and the relationship really hurt me spiritually.  I wrestled with the idea of breaking up for months, but I wasn't sure if it was right.  Not to mention I was afraid because we worked together.  He knew all my secrets and fears, and I knew he'd betray them in his anger.  I finally did break up with him though.  Afterwards, my parents boasted to their friends that they had prayed so long and hard that we would break up, and how they thought he was bad for me.  I was so angry with them.  I realized that I often don't like what they say and don't always take their advice, but I felt like they were obligated to say something to me anyway as my parents.  Honestly, despite my typical opposition to them, if they had said what they felt that would have been all I would have needed to get it over with.  TALK TO HER.  It doesn't sound like she's anything like me, I know, but say something.  Please.

I will pray for your daughter and for you.  I pray that you will have boldness and courage, and that you would communicate Jesus' and your unconditional love for her.  I pray that she will listen and be wise.  Blessed is he who turns a man from the error of his way!!  

Yahoo IM chicklittle49.
TigerLily
Gold Member

Laugh often,long & loud.Laugh until you feel it!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 03:49:43 PM »

hi there "LennyToo"  i see you havent posted anything more on this thread, was wondering how things have transpired? I do hope and pray that you were able to get thru to her and that things are going good now that 3 or so months have gone by.
With thoughts and prayer
Tigerlily

Remember that tho the storms of life may rage & stir things up, cause chaos and at times many hurts, etc...In the end, It can unearth the most beautiful of treasure! Keep Holding on to Jesus thru the storm & He will indeed show you the beauty of life after its all settled & peaceful, Its His Plan!
M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 09:22:46 AM »

I will pray for your daughter and granddaughter and you.  

Maybe you can offer to babysit your granddaughter so you can have a good influence on her.   As long as this man is not abusing your daughter, granddaugther or you, what's the point of criticizing him?  You will only alienate yourself from your daughter and granddaughter.  

You are criticizing this man for using baby talk?  (must be more to it that you can't tell us)  If baby talk is just his way of being affectionate, what is wrong with that?  You might mention that a four-yr old needs to hear grown-up talk to learn to speak properly.   Some women don't seem to mind that they are the bread-winners and their man stays home.  

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the