Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:28:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Serving God can come from the strangest places
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Serving God can come from the strangest places  (Read 1162 times)
Cherry Blossom

God's Child

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2003, 08:20:33 PM »

Hello Fellow Christians~!  I guess it's a little strange for me since I've never joined in Forums to start discussions.  Still, knowing that this is for our Christ, I'm more than eager to be a part of this fellowship.   Grin  Welcome Welcome Me~!  Tee hee.  

I was growing up as a Christian in a Christian life style but I never knew KNEW God until last Decemeber during a Church Retreat.  That's why I would probably say I was only a true Christian for about 7-8 months.  Haha.  I'm an eighteen years old lady  Kiss, living in Southern California.  *Hot Weather*  Cool  This September I'll be attending University of California, Irvine.  It was not a dream school but I know that God is leading me in this direction.  Tee hee.

I'm planning to major in Art and ICS (Information and Computer Science).  My goal is to worship God and continually serve God somehow in my future career.  As a career I was considering an animator, artist, game producer, or character designer.  As I pondered about my career, I sulked finding that this portion of media had nothing to do with God whereas those in missionary are constantly serving the world and God.  For many years, I've been asking God, "WHAT DO I DOOOO?Huh"   Lips Sealed  It's impossible to live a day for me without God.  Animations, artists, game producing...all seemed far off.  With what's on television today, I'm completely disgusted at how empty the world seems when the day passes us by without God.  I asked God, "Give me a way for me to serve you.  These are the passions you gave me, these are the gifts, simple dreams...help me to serve you somehow in any way my heart is able to..."  

Thus, one day a strange idea popped into my mind.  I'm an anime *japanese animation* freak, but these days, recent anime had been pretty depressing to watch due to all the horrible unholiness of it all.  Then I suddenly got this idea of making an anime/ animation of Christians.  A life of a Christian from different parts of the world, containing true life events that brings the turning point for all Christians.  I'm passionate about the field of art, whether it be visual arts, performing arts, and English literature.  I love creating stories, drawing my ideas, dancing, smiling, and bringing color in everything.  I found that if I shared these stories to the world, I would be serving God somehow.  Of course, this is only a passion, a simply dream.  I'm just positive that God is trying to help me and giving me a lead to where he would want me to be.  

Another career I looked into was Video Game making.  With the upcoming blast and sudden interest in game producing, it's only natural that many youthful as well as elderly eyes are fixed on finding their fortunes through PS2/ PC/ GameCube/ XBOX games.  Still, for me, a little portion of my life had always been a part of the gaming world.  The first game I ever played was Sega Genesis' Phantasy Star II in 1992.   WOW~ long time ago.  From that moment, my passions for games and art sprung together like a meant-to-be thingy.  

I'm hoping to someday create a video game that shares the gospel to the players.  I love role playing games so I'm gaining insight to how the game will be played, either following the foot steps of another Christian life or the life of Jesus.  In any case, I only want to share the treasure I have with the world.  I've pondered about these ideas for many years.  Though it's a simple desire, I asked God to make it His will, to make His will my will so that I can do what He wishes me to do.  Many people thought my ideas wouldn't bear any fruit since majority of the audience seek worldy themes or themes outside of religion.  I remember my sister telling me, "Who would watch an animation of christians finding their way through life and reaching Christ?  They would rather flip the channel and watch the rerunning series of 'Everyone loves Raymond' or 'Friends.'"  

As I prayed for many years about these issues, I asked God for courage and some support.  Strange enough, I've got an email from an elderly friend.  He's an avid Christian and also a not so reknown game producer though his achievements should be more recognized.  He told me He's starting to feel passionate about making a game that reflects the gospel, that shares the story of Jesus to the world.  He's speaking with his fellow producers and friends about the idea.  I'm eager to play the game if it ever comes out.  Hearing his message touched my heart.  Now I could see that God is truly pushing me somewhere.  I feel his presence so real for me every moment of every day.   Grin

SO~ To make a long story...uh...a little longer I guess~ haha~ Passions and Interests are given from God.  I strongly believe that nothing good can come from the heart of Man *meaning Men and Women*, unless the Holy Spirit is filled within.  Christ is leading me on and I'm sure He's leading everyone else part of this forum on.  We can worship God in many ways that seems impossible.   Wink  Though the whole world is against it, I know that with God all things are possible.  Go for your dreams!  Jesus is sooo ALIVE today and forever~ ^_^ with Him to be the guiding light, there's nothing to fear.  Glory and Praise unto the Holy Lamb of God forever and ever more~!  Love You ALL~!        

Prayer Request: Financial difficulties within family.  

"When I stand before the throne, dressed in beauty not my own; when I see Thee as Thou art, love Thee with unsinning heart; then Lord, shall I fully know- not till then- how much I owe." -C.H. Spurgeon
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2003, 09:19:43 PM »

I'll pray for you!!   Grin I'm interested in "video game" type of thing, too, wanted to make some kind of computer game since I was 9...but I'm too lazy, lol!!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
a.b.

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2003, 06:12:02 PM »

Hi there!  Read your delightful message.  It's so wonderful to meet young people who want to serve the Lord!!  It was also refreshing to read of your desires for the future.  My husband was just saying the other day that he wanted to develop something to take the place of pokemon,digemon,and ugeeo stuff.  He's looking for a way to give Christian kids something that complares to what the new age is offering kids for entertainment.  He knows little about computers and how to set up programs but maybe the two of you can go over ideas or something.

Also I have been interested in putting a board game on the market.  Do you know anyone who could point me in the right direction?

Keep me posted on your developments.  I'm truly interested in how God will use your talents.  And whatever you do, STAY WITH THE LORD!  HE'S COMING BACK SOON... Smiley
archangel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 10:39:49 AM »

Hi Cherry Blossom,
Great to have a young newbie who is so enthusiastic about serving the Lord.  Satan is obviously not afraid to use any medium to tear down the lives of our children and he should be getting more competition from creative Christian artists in all forms of media.  Our kids are searching for answers that they can understand and often they aren't getting those answers in church or at home so the flashy exciting game playing world holds great attraction for them.  I am continuously searching for ways to get them excited for Jesus in the same way.  Animated shows like "Veggie Tales" and books like " Tales from the Ark" are great tools but we also need new fresh ideas that will bring the gospel of Christ into the everyday lives of our children.  In no way do I think these things should replace learning about Christ at the knee of parents and grandparents and will always believe that role- modeling for our kids is better than role-playing but the truth is that action and animation are what these kids want and if you can create something that focuses on Jesus and the gospel in a format that appeals to kids who may not get it any other way then I say YOU GO GIRL!  Just be careful not to let your desire to use your talent get stronger than your desire for God's will.  And by the way, welcome to the forum. Smiley
Love in Christ,

archangel

Psa 119:11  Thy word have I laid up in my heart, That I might not sin against thee.
Learningchristian

I'm a llama! for JESUS!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 11:36:51 AM »

GREAT to have YOU CB, I'm NEW too! GBUN= GOD BLESS YOU Now!  LC
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2004, 12:38:58 AM »

Cherry Blossom welcome to Christian Unite forums.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the