Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:17:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Daily Devotional, for the deaf, and hard of hearing.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Daily Devotional, for the deaf, and hard of hearing.  (Read 1019 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« on: January 12, 2005, 01:25:43 AM »

The language is the same, but different. This is based on sign language.

Almighty God
Bible Reading: Isaiah 40:12-31
There are so many things to learn about God.

The Bible is full of information about God. But He is so awesome that we will never fully understand Him while we live here on earth. For hundreds of years, people have read the Bible and studied about God. But if we could learn from all these people, we still could not completely understand how wonderful God really is. Our Bible Reading today has many questions about God. These questions help us understand a little more about God.

When children want something, they ask their parents to give them what they  want. Then the parents decide what is best for the child. In the same way, we should ask God for what we need and what we want. God will pay attention to our prayers. He will answer our prayers according to His great wisdom.

Have you talked to God today? Maybe you should take time to pray to God. Matthew 6:8b tells us that God knows what we need even before we ask!

Have faith that our almighty God will pay attention to your prayers and give you what is best for you. “Compared to God, all the nations of the world are nothing. Compared to God, all the nations are worth nothing at all." Isaiah 40:17
Jesus' name. Amen.

The next 30 pages are at this address.
http://www.deafmissions.com/dddpdf/DDDOct04.pdf

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 01:28:48 AM »

Train Yourself
Bible Reading: 1 Timothy 4:11-16
Some athletes train for years so they can run a marathon race. They spend many hours getting ready. They focus all their thoughts on the race. These people eat special foods so they are strong and healthy. They prepare their bodies both mentally and physically.

Christians should spend many hours developing a stronger relationship with God. 1 Timothy 4:8 says, "Training (teaching) your body helps you in some ways. But serving God helps you in every way. Serving God brings you blessings in  this life and in the future life too." Every day we should prepare to serve Jesus. When Jesus comes again, He will ask us what we have done in life. Will God be happy with what you have done? We can train ourselves in many ways.

We can study the Bible, pray for other people and serve people who are in need. God never told us that life would be easy. But we should all prepare to finish the race (life) and cross the finish line of life into heaven. —MB

“Be an example to show the believers how they should live. Show them the things you say, with the way you live, with your love, with your faith, and with your pure life."
1 Timothy 4:12b
PRAYER: Father, help me to train myself
so I can serve You better. In Jesus' name.
Amen.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 01:31:38 AM »

God Cares for You
Bible Reading: Jeremiah 29:1-14
Recently I wondered if God was taking care of me. I planned to return to college, but I did not have enough money. So I decided to stay home and work. I wondered what God wanted me to do. I wondered if God really cared about me. Then I received a phone call. I was accepted into a college program for deaf ministry. And, someone had donated the money so I could pay for the classes. Then I realized that God was taking care of me. I knew that I needed to trust Him more.

In our Bible Reading, God talked to the Israelites who were captured by the Babylonians. I am sure that these people wondered if God cared about them. God told these people to live their lives — get married, build houses, plant gardens, have children. Then God told them that He had a good future planned for them. God said in verse 13, "You people will search for me. And when you search for me with all your heart, you will find me."

God wanted the Israelites to know that He had never stopped loving them. I hope you know that God loves you very much. Trust Him to take care of you every day. —CM
“I plan to give you hope and a good future."
Jeremiah 29:11b

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 08:13:14 PM »

Brother Bob,

Thanks for sharing this with us. I just downloaded the entire document in ".PDF" format. If others have the free Acrobat Reader,   it is very nice.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 103:15  As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 01:21:37 PM »

Dogs (1)
Bible Reading: Genesis 3:1-19
My dog, Soap, is an Airedale terrier. His hair is very curly. When Soap is standing on all four feet, he is about two feet tall. Every night he sleeps beside my bed. Soap sits near me at the table when I eat. He lies beside my chair when I am working in my office.

If I go away, Soap watches the gate to our yard. When I come home, he jumps all around me. I am Soap's master. He loves me, and he is happy to see me. But when Soap disobeys me, he hides. He knows that he has done something wrong.

In the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve walked and talked with God. God was their Master. They enjoyed fellowship with God every day. But one day, Adam and Eve broke God's law. They ate from the tree that gave knowledge about good and evil. When Adam and Eve sinned, they broke their relationship with God. Adam and Eve tried to hide from God, just like my dog hides from me. But, God had a plan to forgive Adam and Eve of their sins.

If you have disobeyed God, don't try to hide it. Tell God your sins. Ask Him to forgive you. —DC
“But if we confess (admit) our sins, then God will forgive our sins. We can trust God to
do this." 1 John 1:9a

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 01:34:07 PM »

Dogs (2)
Bible Reading: Exodus 23:1-9
Yesterday I told you about my dog, Soap. Recently I bought a Shar-Pei puppy named Buster. He and Soap share a kennel. Buster follows Soap everywhere he goes. Buster does whatever Soap does. But, Soap has one bad habit. Sometimes he likes to escape from our yard and visit the neighborhood dogs. When Buster was a puppy, he was too young to follow Soap. But now that Buster is older, he follows Soap when he runs away.

One time, both dogs ran away. I called them to come back. Buster turned around and came home, but Soap kept running. The next time they escaped from the yard, I called them. But this time, Buster kept running with Soap. Soap had taught Buster a bad habit. Buster was playing "follow the leader." Maybe you play "follow the leader," too. Maybe you want to be like your friends or the people you watch on TV.

Our Bible Reading reminds us to not follow other people. I hope that your only leader is Jesus. People can lead you into sin. But Jesus will always lead you in the right way. Ask Jesus to be your leader. —DC

“Don't do something just because everyone else is doing it. If a group of people are doing wrong, don't join them." Exodus 23:2a

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the