Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:06:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Calm before the storm
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Calm before the storm  (Read 6328 times)
twobombs

View Profile WWW
« on: April 13, 2003, 04:24:02 PM »

Even though it's getting more calm on the international front after the Iraqi war, there is something looming on the horizon already; the peace plan for Israel. Sharon already announced the withdrawal of the Jewish settlements out of the disputed territories as a consession for the peace plan.
This peaceplan will be 'enforced' by the US.
Also the US seems to push beyond Iraq; and  instead of less troops, or talks about the withdrawal of troops more wartalk is uttered from the speakers on the US/NWO platform.

Silence, yet not a peacefull one often is the wait for a storm.

Greetings !

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2003, 05:03:10 PM »

Thanks, twobombs.  That would sound appropriate to me, "the calm before the storm."
Photogrunt

I am an Army of One for The One!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2003, 05:47:23 PM »

Its getting pretty hairry there.  And I hate to try to attach it to some prophesy or add time to the countdown to Christ's return.  The situaiton there changes so frequently.

My concentration is to the harvest.  God has given us the tools and the knowledge to lead us until the days of judgement.  I'll be satisfied to keep my lamp lit, my spare oil available, and waiting for His return.

...But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. (Joshua 24:15b)

I support our troops!
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2003, 06:15:55 PM »

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2003, 02:16:10 AM »

Forrester: Here in europe i'm a bit troubled with the following example of non-repentance :

Rev 16:9   And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory

So my mindset is more on :

Rev 22:20   He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Instead of:
Mat 24:14   And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Call it stupid, call it lazyness; but after several churchsplits, persecutions and personal & financial loss I called it a day over here. In these parts people just don't believe, and those that do want to hear you collect the data for their own faith or are in for a quick healing and then depart from His sight.

Do understand that I am still open to preach the gospel to anyone that wishes to hear it; but my church-going days are over; there isn't one left here. (exept for the catholic & old protestant)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2003, 02:19:35 AM by twobombs » Logged

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2003, 02:43:04 AM »

TwoBombs;
       I know what you mean, as to the Church you may find a small house style church that is closer to the truth, I do not know where in Europe you live but many true Christian are small and may hold meetings in members homes. I myself am nondenomenational.

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
uzzia

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2003, 09:29:09 AM »

twobombs

Here in the USA there are many churches. Most of the churches are sold out to the beast system and are therefore apostate.

We have become what Paul warned Timothy about......

2 Timothy 3
1   This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2   For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3   Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4   Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5   Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.6   For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7   Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

This is a description of the church in America, on first glance it looks alive, but alas it is, dead. And as Paul tells us---"from such turn away".

So more and more, we as the remnant of Israel, are leaving the organized churches here and starting our own fellowships. We have a group of 5 and the fellowship we have is astounding. We have no leader per se and we meet from 3-4 hours at a time. The entire time is spent around the WORD OF GOD and he is truely blessing our time.

So, twobombs as you can see it is no better on this side of the pond.

uzzia
twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2003, 06:48:08 PM »

Uzzia: thanks for the encouraging words (really!) I have an idea that there are more small churches in the US that still have the power and testimony of God in them. And a lot of online material I watch and read comes from the states. But unfortunately I must confess that I notice a lot of over-the-top patriotism over there that must be causing a much heavoc as anyone can get.

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
uzzia

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2003, 07:56:26 AM »

twobombs

You are correct in saying that there are some churches and ministries in America that are not sold out to the Harlot and the Beast.

Sadly the large majority of churches here have already sold there soul to the Beast system and then joined the Harlot. You see most of the churches are incorpoated so that they get their tax exempt status. As soon as your church is incorpoated you then must obey the Beast (ie. following the laws and enjoying the benefits of being incorporated).

In the laws for a tax emempt entity is 501c3 which states..

TITLE 26--INTERNAL REVENUE CODE
Sec. 501. Exemption from tax on corporations, certain trusts, etc.
(c) List of exempt organizations
(3) Corporations, and any community chest, fund, or foundation, organized and operated exclusively for religious, charitable, scientific, testing for public safety, literary, or educational purposes, or to foster national or international amateur sports competition (but only if no part of its activities involve the provision of athletic facilities or equipment), or for the prevention of cruelty to children or animals, no part of the net earnings of which inures to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual, no substantial part of the activities of which is carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting, to influence legislation (except as otherwise provided in subsection (h)), and which does not participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distributing of statements), any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office.

By law, the 501c3 church may not:
1)preach politically incorrect sermons (propaganda)
2)influence legislation
3)participate in political action
4)endorse candidates
5)oppose candidates

In this small clause the Beast has taken control of the voice of THE TRUTH and most of them don't know or even care---they like the benefits (ie. MONEY from the tax breaks).

So now the the Beast and the Harlot operate in harmony just the the Bible said they would.

ephod
publish or distribute political positions
linuxgeek

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2003, 01:49:12 AM »

And the biggest culprit of them all is the Roman Catholic Church!

LinuxGeek
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the