Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:25:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Tempted
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tempted  (Read 1683 times)
Freak

Reality is a fantasy

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2005, 05:58:57 PM »

I am being tempted to get into a relationship with a man who is not a christian. To put it bluntly, he's a very bad boy. But he tells me I'm beautiful; and he means it. I am not one who goes into relationships. I"ve been engaged 3 times, and I'm quite frankly sick of men. I hate men. But I'm so very lonely. I feel unwanted, and I am ready to just give up on life. I know that getting into a relationship with this person would only make me happy for a little while, but right now, even the little while seems worth it. I know I would be using him, but its getting to the point that I don't care. I am not into dating, I have made a committment to courting and to purity. But I'm ready to throw it all away. Please pray for me.
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 06:30:55 PM »

Hello Freak  Smiley

There is another voice you need to be listening too, the One who bids you into His presence, the One who wants to fill all the longings of your soul. I`m sure many here will pray for you, but you must go spend time alone with God, as much time as it takes to have heard all He wants to say to you.   You will rise from that place with renewed resolve, a brighter outlook, and so much peace within you, the temptation to settle for anything less that what He has for you will be gone.

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
LennyToo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 07:43:55 AM »

Your post caused my past to fly right into view! I cannot begin to share my entire sorid past with you, but I can tell you that the road you have been on, and are now tempted to walk again leads only in one direction: self-loathing!!! I also involved myself in less than desireable relationships for over 15 years, claiming lonliness. I also grew to "hate" men...by there was a root that birthed all that pain and confusion. I know you have to have a root also....you need to discover it. My twisted road of misery was abruptly halted once I trully committed my life to God. It was then that He was able to speak to the heart of my unsuccessful relationships. In my case, the pattern stemmed from having and unenvolved, and unloving earthly father, and having been raped by my grandfather when I was 12 years old. I believe they call the pattern that of "acting out": trying to regain control over something that you lost control of, or never had, or quite possibly don't need to have at all.
Anyhow, the Lord spoke this to my heart, "You will never be happy with a man on earth, until you have learned to love me, and accept my love". It was true!!!!
I am now committed to Christ and to my wonderful husband (the 3rd I've had, I might mention)
Relationships are meant to come through the love of God, outside of His love relationships will most often be very disappointing.
I do pray you will seek the Lord, and allow him to minister to your needs. You are not alone, for Christ himself said, "I am with you always, even unto the end.
God bless you indeed!
Freak

Reality is a fantasy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 07:08:06 PM »

Thanks for all the prayer. Here's the update: I told the guy to get lost. I'm also going to go to a different college next year to get out of state. Just a fresh start will be nice. Thanks again!
Mrs.Chosen

Chosen By GOD Isaiah 43:1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 12:40:49 AM »

Freak hi, I'm mrs.chosen and I want to tell you i know exactly how you feel.
I want to 1st ask if you see fit (please do) put Jesus in front of your name. Because just Freak by it self says you don't think much of GOD's creation. You are beautiful in HIS sight and He did not make a mistake when He created you just the way that you are.
I know your story all too well and I know that you said you have gotten rid of this guy but I know that as a Christian the devil is cooking something else up as we speak. The next guy could be actually professing Christ and real real fine. And then you find yourself saying "Hey why is this Christian man asking me to take off my pants?"
See it's up to you to make GOD and His acceptance for you enough for you. He wants to be and has to be the Desire of your heart. I know you want someone to hold and someone to love you. So did I. And because I made up in my mind that even if I didn't ever have a husband I was gonna be joyfull and praise Him and put Him 1st (that is His will) He blessed me.
But it wasn't until I made it up in my mind and heart. GOD sent me my husband and I am so blessed. He is my dream come true in every way.
It's not easy, I'm not trying to imply that it's as simple as ABC but I know that if you suffer for His sake He will I said HE will bless you with the desires of you heart.

Read ABOUT YOU topic my testimony is "I wasn't Suppose To Make It"

Please let me know if I have helped.

In Christ Jesus Love,

L.Gore
stillonmilk

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 05:39:56 PM »

Hi Freak. I dont mind your name because I know how you feel.  Smiley

I agree with the others here that you need to put God first.
I am struggling as you are and I feel God telling me that I need to put him first. It is lonely sometimes, but I am to the
point that if its not what God has for me, then its bound to fail, and I would rather be alone for the rest of my life than to be used or abused and have a failed relationship again.

I have been with seven men in my life. The details are long and ugly, so I'll spare you, and hope you understand.  I have nothing to show now for it but regret, heartache,  four fatherless children, one of which got molested by my ex. and the rest is to personal and shameful to mention.
Ive been lied to by every single man, used, and taken a heavy spiritual beating. I have been broken down so badly in the search for love that I never had from any man. But our Heavenly Father has the only true love and supplys our needs as we are ready. I know he wont show me the one Im to be with untill Im happy with him alone. I know God wants me to grow in him and heal my spirit before I would be fit to have any relationship. There is so much more to my story but I would be here all day, but I know that Im blessed and it could
have been so much worse.

If its not from God, its not worth it. I have had to learn the hard way. If you ignore God, you suffer for it. Please dont abuse yourself further by dooming yourself to failure.
You got  prayer from me sister. Save yourself for the one God has for you, please! Learn from my mistakes so you wont have to suffer the same or worse. PLEASE!!!!

stillonmilk

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005, 02:50:22 PM »

I thought of you again today, as I feel for you and know that we all deal with the same struggles. The devil only has so many tools, but our tool is the Lord who is stronger than anything the devil can throw at you. Through Christ we can do all things.
I want to share my testimony with you, and hope that you see this and can be aware. I have the same struggle as you, and lonelyness can cause us to be in the flesh if we are not holding on to God for strength.
I have been strugling for years with lonelyness and I have recently had conformation to hold every thought in captivity to the Lord. Even just thinking about men in the wrong way can cause a spirit of lust to attach itself to you. At that point
your flesh is against you and  this spirit of lust will tempt you. It not only causes you to desire men, but it causes men to desire you. This is very dangerous, and the Lord has confirmed this in my own life. It is very important to keep every thought in captivity of God and make your relationship with him strong. Depend on him to keep you strong and aware of the spiritual world and its dangers to you, so that you do not give in to the flesh or sinful thoughts that are just as dangerouse as they will tempt you and are si in themselves. I have had men attracted to me and me to them from this. And God has shown me my weakness, and made me aware of the danger.
As I learn to hear Gods voice and lean on him, he helps me to
change my sinful behavior that keeps my relationships with men in a state of unhappy failure. I also grow closer to God and become more pleasing to him, and more blessing comes as a result. I become spiritually stronger, and closer to God.

Please be aware of all of this and understand that even just lustful thoughts are evil, and open a door for sin. This is what it means to hold every thought in captivity, by keeping your mind and spirit pure for God. The blessing of the right union with a man that God intends will come after we learn this.
We will not have happyness untill then, but constant failure and misery.
Praise God for his mercy and love that he provides a way out of this if we turn to him. What a magnificent loving God. I am in awe.
I hope this has been helpful to you. God bless you sister.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the