Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:04:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  For Men Only (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Men's Groups
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Men's Groups  (Read 3944 times)
RockyTopThunder

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2005, 08:30:53 AM »

I am in the middle of starting a men's breakfast group in my church. The problem I find is the negitive feedback I keep getting. "well we have tried in the past and failed" (Pastor) and there have been other's in the church saying the same thing. Now I am afraid that my group is doomed before it starts.
I told a friend of my about what was happening and she advised me of a bible verse; Matthew 18:20, "For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst."
So now I will do what God whats me to do, start that Men's Group and if only two to three show, I know that God will still smile.
I need your prayers and any ideals to get this group going and growing.

Bro in Christ

Wild Bill  Cool
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 12:00:27 PM »

There are many earthly hurdles to get over in anything we try to do that is Godly, even in the church.

2Ti 2:3  Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2005, 03:44:11 PM »

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."[/i]

Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2005, 03:51:43 PM »

Put your faith in the Lord.

Matthew 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Matthew 21:21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

It doesn't matter how many show up. Your faith in the Lord, will help carry out your mens group.

Resting in the Lords arms.
Bob

kdr22

2 Corinthians 5:16-21

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 06:10:17 PM »

I am in the middle of starting a men's breakfast group in my church. The problem I find is the negative feedback I keep getting. "well we have tried in the past and failed" (Pastor) and there have been other's in the church saying the same thing. Now I am afraid that my group is doomed before it starts. I need your prayers and any ideals to get this group going and growing.

Bro in Christ

Wild Bill  Cool
Hi Bill!

A few questions for you...
  • Why are you trying to get a men's group going?
  • How are you going about it?
  • What is the purpose/goal?
Blessings in Christ,

kdr

Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”
1 Peter 5:5 (RSV)
MorethanConquerors

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2005, 03:45:18 PM »

Friend...

Pray that the Lord softens the heart of your pastor and that you get his (the pastors) full support. Many times a ministry will die out because it doesn't have the leaderships full support.

That said, well done. Its a good thing you are trying to do. Keep at it. Remember that your group doesn't have to be 80 men for it to be successful. If you have to start small thats fine. Take these men and grow in christ with them. Soon, others are going to want to join just because of the transformed characters in these men. Keep your eyes on Christ. Do it all for the glory of God. God will bless you and make your ministry grow when its done for His glory.

Would love to recommend a book for you all to study. Its called "Finishing Strong" by Steve Farrar. Look it up on Amazon. Its great.
smokey the dog

Ankle Biter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 04:31:43 AM »

I am in the middle of starting a men's breakfast group in my church. The problem I find is the negitive feedback I keep getting. "well we have tried in the past and failed" (Pastor) and there have been other's in the church saying the same thing. Now I am afraid that my group is doomed before it starts.
I told a friend of my about what was happening and she advised me of a bible verse; Matthew 18:20, "For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst."
So now I will do what God whats me to do, start that Men's Group and if only two to three show, I know that God will still smile.
I need your prayers and any ideals to get this group going and growing.

Bro in Christ
Wild Bill  Cool

So how's about a report on how things went/are going now?

Don't make me come out there!

Dog
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the