Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:24:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Part IV - Broken Heart - How to Heal a Broken Heart
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Part IV - Broken Heart - How to Heal a Broken Heart  (Read 1486 times)
whitedove

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2004, 06:09:46 PM »

•   Matthew 18:35 -" So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses."

What is the major point--the main lesson— of Christ's parable of the unforgiving servant? God requires of each of us that we forgive others their trespasses or offences against us.  Allow the Lord to deal with the person that hurt you.  Otherwise, unforgiveness will be heavy on your heart and bring separation either from God, others or yourself.  It allows the enemy the right to bring torment and also to bring sickness.  He has the right because the door is open.  You will loose out on your blessing.

Three, be willing to release and bless our enemies and pray for them with a right heart.  That does not mean to ask God to expose them to others but to have a right heart.  Love covers a multitude of sin (1 Peter 4:Cool

•   Matthew 5:43-45-"You have heard that it was said, "You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy." But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven ..."

Separating the offence from the offender can be extremely difficult. Jesus Christ can help us to hate sin - but to love sinners (in the sense that we focus on their future potential when God teaches them His ways).

If you still have a hard time forgiving someone, try to see them that it is the sin in them and not them.  What do I mean!  Paul said in Romans 7:14-17 that he does those things because the sin that is within him.  “14We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.  6And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 7As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me.”

Four, see that repentance can a beautiful and positive.  Our society has made forgiveness a negative instead of a positive.  Fifth, make it daily or every time someone hurts you or comes to mind.  That means taking every thought captive as it was said earlier Ephesians 4:23 -- "... be renewed in the spirit of your mind." Jesus quoted in Matthew 6:9-15 gave the outline in coming to him and how to keep our hearts cleansed and the door shut from the enemy.

Matthew 6:9-15     9After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10   Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.  11   Give us this day our daily bread.  12   And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.  13   And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.  14   For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:  15   But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”
This outline is a way of life and a way of approaching the Father.  If we examine our hearts daily and follow these principles and be honest with God, then expect a wonderful and marvelous relationship with God, and others.  Unforgiveness is the glue that keeps the wounded heart oozing out with pain.

Forgive Yourself!

Forgiving yourself seems to be more difficult than to forgive others.  The process for emotional healing is asking God to forgive you and to cleanse you.  You might have done bad things in the past that you feel is unforgivable.  The truth is no sin is too big for God to handle that he cannot forgive.  Guilt, shame and blame are the primary emotions that accompany someone who has not forgiven themselves.  Guilt is a form of self-judgment and self-condemnation that we often impose upon ourselves. It produces anxiety, inferiority, fear, and worry. There might be others and so ask the Lord what is blocking you to accept His forgiveness?  The enemy is liar and an accuser and does not want you to let go of your guilt.  Accusation is Satan’s greatest tactic to get us to give up on our relationship with God. He accuses us so that we will turn to self-condemnation. You might have self hatred operating in your life where you cannot accept yourself or see that you are God’s perfect creation.  Not accepting yourself is rejecting God’s creation and rejecting yourself or self rejection.  Satan wants you to not like yourself.   Satan a liar and the father of all lies (John 8:44 "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.")

That is why we need to be able to discern the voices that play in our heads.  God is love and will only speak in love and in conviction.  Conviction is freeing. It shows us what we need to change in order to step closer to our God.  The enemy will accuse you and bring more pain and keep you in bondage.  Condemnation drives people to make excuses for their sin, keeping them bound and separated from a close relationship with God. This is why so many people rage against religion, rejecting warnings and clutching their sins ever closer.

Condemnation rejects the person, not the sin. Conviction rejects the sin, not the person. Romans 8:1 powerfully proclaims, "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."

The prophet Micah describes God like this: "That is Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea" (Micah 7:18,19, NIV).  The Lord forgave you so you need to forgive yourself.
That is why we need to be able to discern the voices that play in our heads.  God is love and will only speak in love and in conviction.  The enemy will accuse you and bring more pain and keep you in bondage.  

Many people with broken hearts need deep healing and need to go to someone that knows how to administer spiritual healing in their lives.

Forgiving God!

It is just as important to forgive God as well as others.  Why, because again in the 10 Commandments, Jesus said in Luke 10:27 “He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'.  If not it will put a breach in your spiritual life.  The enemy will have you where he wants you to be.  

The reason you are not able to forgive God is:

1.   You didn’t have a godly father on earth
2.   You don’t see that He has a plan and a purpose for your life and knows what is best for you because of the pain of the past and having a broken heart.  
3.   You blame God instead of the enemy that is out to kill, steal and destroy YOU!
4.   You believe the Lord is not for you!
What happens when we don’t deal with broken hearts/wounded spirit and/or refuse to forgive in all three areas (others, God and you)?  The enemy will have a right to access your life in six different areas such as mentally, emotionally, spiritually, physically, financially, and relationally.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the