Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:42:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286802 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Athiests, etc who celebrate Christmas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Athiests, etc who celebrate Christmas  (Read 3236 times)
Saved_byChrist

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2004, 12:41:11 PM »

Many folks don't think that it is possible for Christians to laugh and have fun. That would be another television stereotype, and it simply isn't true. Christians simply have fun in different ways than the world. Christians don't need alcohol and other substances to get happy and have fun. Maybe that's why the world thinks that Christians are dull, boring, never have any fun, and never laugh. WELL, I've got a NEWS FLASH! - Our clean fun is MORE FUN - and we can legally drive when we leave the party.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Amen Smiley

Terrorists have killed 3000 Americans since 1990.....Abortionists have killed 4000 Americans since yesturday.

God gave us 86,400 seconds a day. Have you taken one to say 'thank you'?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2004, 12:41:36 PM »

Saved_4Ever,

Brother, I know that you are completely correct. In fact, I would imagine that many people's jobs depend on what may be sold for Christmas.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 118:24  This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2004, 10:48:35 PM »

Does this make sence to you? It doesn't to me, and it makes me mad. Christmas is supposed to be a holiday that celebrates Christ- so how do so many people who aren't even Christian celebrate it?! I had some friends who aren't Christian, and they asked me what I wanted for Christmas. One of them told me that Christmas was a national holiday, and nobody really celebrates it for religion anymore. Another one got reeeallly mad when I asked her why she celebrated it. Is the point of this hliday to these people getting stuff?! How lame! What do yout think?

Doing exactly what you are doing - asking, and probing.

It's easy for any memory to become diluted and adulterated with any number of variations.

For this reason Christmas can still stand as an opportunity.  To remind and share, no matter how insiginifcant, or subtle.

Especially, the very title has our Savior's name in it!  And it's a National Holiday!

Grin

Cool

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2004, 07:17:25 PM »

AMEN SYMPHONY!

For me, Christmas is a time of many opportunities to think about many things. I think that the biggest is thinking about why I don't give thanks more often, why I don't feel and share the love I should every day, why I don't try harder to share JESUS with others every day, why I don't give more to the needy and less fortunate more often and in greater amounts, and many other issues that don't receive the proper attention every day.

Here's a big one:

Matthew 25:42  For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
Matthew 25:43  I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Matthew 25:44  Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Matthew 25:45  Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

What we don't do for suffering humanity is what we don't do for JESUS.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 100:3  Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2004, 08:17:01 PM »

"What we don't do for suffering humanity is what we don't do for JESUS."

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Hurting

Trying to learn

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2005, 11:35:12 AM »

Please don't criticise atheists.
I celebrate because to me it means a time where you can enjoy everything, enjoy being with your family. The whole story of Jesus is very heartwarming, but not everyone believes in that alone.
I admit, I like Christmas because of the presents, food, time off etc.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2005, 03:24:59 PM »

Please don't criticise atheists.
I celebrate because to me it means a time where you can enjoy everything, enjoy being with your family. The whole story of Jesus is very heartwarming, but not everyone believes in that alone.
I admit, I like Christmas because of the presents, food, time off etc.

Why don't you believe in Jesus?
I'll bet you haven't studied Christianity to see if it's True have you? Think of what you have to lose if you are wrong, and there is a God, and His name is Jesus?

Let me give you a scenario...

You are in command of a small group of soldiers...let's say, ten of them.
 You have gone into enemy territory to rescue them, and having done that, you must now get them to the safety of your base camp.

You have been on the run for a week and as you make your way through thick forest, you begin to think you may run out of water. You continue guiding your soldiers through the forest when you come to a fork in the trail in front of you. Your map shows a water source running through the trail on the right, and you prepare to take it. Just then, a friendly soldier appears out of some thick brush.

He tells you there were enemy forces on the right trail only two days ago, but he's not sure if they're still there. Your map doesn't show any water running through the trail on the left, but there still could be water there - in fact, one of your men believes there is a huge fresh water source off that trail, because he's positive that was the trail he was taken on by the enemy. One of the other men was not so sure that they had been taken on that trail, and yet the soldier says he's positive.

So which road do you take Hurting?

The trail on the right has what you "think" you need (water), but there may be enemy soldiers there. That would be certain death for you and your soldiers.

The other trail has no enemies, but it may not have what you "think" you need. However, one of your own men says he's positive there is a huge fresh water source there...is he delirious? could he be right? the other soldier says he doesn't believe there's water there at all, but if you listen to him, you'll get what you "think" you need, but you may die getting it.

Which trail do you take?

You are in fact at a real fork in the road my friend.
On one side Jesus waits for you. He says He will clean you of every sin you've ever committed, no matter how awful or perverse that may or may not be. He says He will give you a new body - one that won't wrinkle up and die over time, one that won't know pain, sadness, or illness.
All you have to do is take His trail - ask Him to come into your life...it's that simple - it doesn't cost you anything at all.

On the other trail, you find what you "think" you need, or want. On the journey down that trail, you will have fun, you may gain personal wealth, maybe even at someone else’s expense. You will find sex and drink and drugs, and as long as no one gets hurt, it's all good...you know it's ok because the voice in your head, which comes from the end of that trail keeps telling you it's all good - there is no God - keep doing it your way - Only at the end of that trail you will come face to face with the one who's voice you heard...you thought it was your own voice - your own thoughts - but it wasn't - the voice was the voice of a liar - his name is satan, and he is real - he wants to drag as many of God's loved children down in flames with him as he can - he is a master deceiver - a master of disguise - he appears not to be real at times, not even to exist - at other times he appears as a friend - and at other times he appears to be an angel - at the end of his trail you will find only sadness and death.

You are on that trail as we speak my friend. The good news is that you still have time to get off and take the other trail.
Think of what you have to lose if you are wrong.

Hey, if I'm wrong, and God is not real (He is real) then at the very least, I have been as good of a person as I could have.

But, if you are wrong, and there is a God (there is) then you have lost everything. You're destination is set, and there's no way to get out once you're there.

Why take that chance?
 Please consider these things my friend...

If you need proof that Jesus is real, you can find it here...
www.fifthday.2ya.com

Bronzesnake
Hurting

Trying to learn

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2005, 06:38:53 AM »

One question. Is this a Christian Based website? If so, then I cannot read it.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2005, 01:50:44 PM »

Then why are you here?

Bronzesnake
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2005, 02:56:52 PM »

Hurting,

Huh

Christians Unite - Of course this is a Christian based web site. Jesus Christ is the core and cornerstone here, always has been, and always will be.

ADMIN, the moderators, and many sweet Christians who use the forum all have something in common:  We love JESUS CHRIST and have JESUS in our hearts. JESUS CHRIST is the center and LORD over our lives.

If it isn't blatantly obvious this is a Christian based web site, we have much work to do. But, it is blatantly obvious that this is a Christian based web site and forum. We are not ashamed of the Gospel of the Grace of God, the GOOD NEWS, HIS WORD, and the things of the LORD. SO, it is boldly proclaimed on every page of the site and the forum. In fact, Christians Unite serves many thousands of other Christian based web sites with devotions, Scriptures, sermons, and other Christian material so that they can also serve JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour.

Our ADMIN here serves tirelessly in distributing the things of the LORD. ADMIN has provided Christians Unite Forums as yet another way of sharing the things of our precious Lord and Saviour, JESUS CHRIST.

Hurting, I hope and pray that you meet JESUS here and ask HIM to come into your heart as the LORD over your life. JESUS will fill your hurting and empty places, and you will be changed forever.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 105:3  Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the