Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:15:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  For Men Only (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  fasting
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: fasting  (Read 6064 times)
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2004, 08:04:09 PM »

at 5:20  For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Eph 4:24  And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
THIS IS OUR TRUE US .
Act 10:30  And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing,
Act 14:23  And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed.
Act 27:33  And while the day was coming on, Paul besought them all to take meat, saying, This day is the fourteenth day that ye have tarried and continued fasting, having taken nothing.
1Co 7:5  Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.
Dan 9:3  And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes:
Dan 10:2  In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks.
Dan 10:3  I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.
Mat 9:14  Then came to him the disciples of John, saying, Why do we and the Pharisees fast oft, but thy disciples fast not?
Mat 9:15  And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast.
WE NEED TO FAST sometimes to stay healthy spiritually .I do believe in fasting very much and think anyone who wants a close walk with JESUS CHRIST ?MUST FAST  .BUT WE DO NOT WANT TO PUT OURSELVES ASIDE FOR CHRIST .It is not easy ?JUST WATER .YIOU WILL GROW in the LORD !

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 05:37:44 AM »

I talk a lot about fasting as ,i think it is very important in a christain life .Well on tribulation force a lady did fast .and gave a great testamony .it really blessed my heart .and I painted a house a while back for a single mother of 2 young men 18 and 21 .the older guy and me hit it off .and we went to church and a mens meeting .where one of the guys led him to the LORd .he calls me a lot and e mails me  .as he is in college and plays football .he also started fasting 2 days ago .he came back from school .his mother had made his most liked food .and he could not eat it .then his girl sent him for food . but he is going to go all the way .I guess any man would be proud to have a son like this guy .he said he no longer has sex with his girl friend .because he wants to please god .he is serious about the lord .many of us could learn something from a young guy like this .I have .

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 09:54:09 PM »

that's good to hear, gary cook...
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 11:35:10 PM »

Unfortunally I can no longer fast, I have been warned that, if I do I may end up in a coma again or die. My only question is, how does God feel about this. I know I feel bad, I can't fast anymore. Cry

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 02:12:29 AM »

Dream weaver ,greetings in the name of our LORD JESUS CHRIST .Have you gone before the elders and had them anoint you with oil and pray for you ?Because I have seen it work many times .Just this little act of obeying and FAITH .
As my baby girl was dying once,and could not hold her head up and changed colors .I took her to the little church ,i was going to at the time .In the parking lot ,many started crying ,when they saw her .But I told the pastor do as in JAMES .They did .Then her little head poped up and .SHE WAS HEALED .
What does the LORD feel about this ?HE wants you healed and a great blessing in this world of darkness .
I would try the LORD in this ,go before the elders .If that sdid not work .I would tape ,all vs. about healing around my house and read them out loud .every day .
I"ll tell you another story ?I once kept singing part of a dum song ,over and over .it went like this ?OH LORD Won"t you buy me a merside bends .I know I did not spell it right ? but a man walked up and gave me one .
WHY ?did this happened ?Because our words are bound in heaven .Just keep saying out loud .I am healed thank you lORD .Then just say every day .I am healed .When you get it down in your spirit .You will be healed .FAITH MOVES THE MOUNTAIN .And GOD ALREADY gave each of us a measure ,more than enough to move the biggest mountain on earth .
Mat 16:19  And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Mat 18:18  Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
FORGIVE ME ?
BUT YOU ARE MUCH MORE THAN YOU KNOW ?I believe we can do anything in the LORD .ALL THINGS ARE POSSIABLE FOR US .
It sounds easy to have faith ,which we already have ?but believing is the problem .harder for you ,because you can not fast .but still it is with in you .BECAUSE THE GREATEST POWER IN THE WORLD ,is with in you .IF GOD BE FOR US ?WHO CAN BE AGAINTH US .YOU HAVE CREATIVE POWER WITH IN YOU .THE HOLY SPIRIT and HE WAITS TO BLESS YOU .YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW TO RECIEVE .I KNOW YOU BELIEVE HE IS WITH IN YOU .
It really doesn"T matter a great deal how we are in the flesh as much as ,how we are spiritually .The church is very weak .ME TOO .BECAUSE we should see miracles almost every day .BECAUSE we are not of this world .And we are here for JESUS CHRIST to live though us ! if I were YOU ?I would go to every church in my area and have them do as in james .I wood seek this above all .Because we need to be MIGHTY SPIRITUALLY .WE NEED TO BE ABOUT OUR FATHERS BUSINESS .WHILE WE HAVE THIS GREAT CHANCE .WHICH WILL NEVER COME AGAIN ,too US
I PRAY FATHER GOD IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST MY LORD AND SAVIOR !HEAL THIS PERSON FOR YOUIR GLORY AND HONOR .THANK YOU LORD .JUST BELIEVE ,I DON"T CARE HOW IT LOOKS .WE DO NOT LIVE BY SITE .BUT BY EVERY WORD OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD ,

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2004, 02:27:54 PM »

Unfortunally I can no longer fast, I have been warned that, if I do I may end up in a coma again or die. My only question is, how does God feel about this. I know I feel bad, I can't fast anymore. Cry

You are not alone here DW. I cannot fast either without passing out and being hospitalized for it. I do believe the Lord understands this and blesses us still. He does not expect more from us than He meets out to us to do.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2004, 10:05:56 PM »

thanks, P. Roger; and DW - sure hope you get to feeling better.

I like yours, Gary - a little faith healing... Smiley
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2004, 11:19:24 PM »

Of course the LORD has mercy where HE can .And HE puts NO more on us than we can bear .But I REALLY HATE TO see anyone in CHRIST  JESUS suffer . But we will all have problems in life .

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2004, 11:22:05 PM »

Amen Gary. At least in our fleshly life.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
luckydogger

To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2005, 04:45:05 PM »

Hi I'am new here at Christians Unite but already feel at home with you all . I want to fast but dont realy know  how.I asked my  Pastor but he never got around on telling and I dont wont to be a bother so if you would please let me know what you think of fasting and ways to fast

love and god bless
rick  

Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2005, 05:05:08 PM »

From my experiance .1st the reason must be good .as for another or because you desire to be more like JESUS CHRIST or to walk in your spirit .Then fast about 3 dasys or at the most 4 .water only ,reading HIS  WORD and praying .At the end of 3 full days ?You should have youir inner man in control .The 1st day is easy .you can even work .The 2nd is very hard .satan will try to stop you .your mind will be confused .The 3rd day .Your mind is VERY clear .You SEE clearly and MORE . At this time ,people have different things take place .some nothing ,but feel better and there mind clearer .others speak with the LORD and are CLOSER than ever in there lifes . Some can SEE things they never saw before .experiance VERY GOOD THINGS ? it depends on where you are spiritually and willing to receive of the HOLY SPIRIT .

luckydogger

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2005, 05:16:15 PM »

Thank you so much gary cook. So Its 4 days with just water
when should i drink and how much? My reason are for good and god

love and god bless
rick

Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2005, 05:38:13 PM »

Rick, I`d like to pass along an excellent  website that I`ve been using for a long time, and am familiar with the owners, and have read their book, so I am confident you wont find any erroneous  info there in regards to fasting if you would like some further reading material.  God bless  Smiley

http://www.freedomyou.com/

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
luckydogger

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2005, 05:51:16 PM »

Thanks Shylynne i will look into it ..

love and god bless
rick

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2005, 08:42:54 PM »

Brother ,I would just go 3 full days ?Then see if your led to go farther ? But 3 days will be all most people will need ?
I pray FATHER GOD in the name of JESUS CHRIST ,you will heal brother rogers ,Thank you LORD .

The purpose of most fasts ,is to bring the flesh down and raise up the inner man or our spirit .He will follow the LORD .This is the real us .

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the