Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:18:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Coveting and Lusting? Both are wrong.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coveting and Lusting? Both are wrong.  (Read 1675 times)
doingmybest

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2004, 02:31:25 PM »

I need help.  I am a single 39 year old woman, due to divorce not by choice.  

There is a person on my job that I have known but has recently been conversating on a daily basis.  Mostly about work and life issues.  In talking to this person I'm finding myself being more attracted to him.  He is a christian man, same age, very good family values.  He is also married.  Some of our conversations have revealed (by him) some concerns he has in his marriage.  On several different occasions he has mentioned leaving his wife, which I feel is wrong.  I encourage him to go get counseling for he and his wife.  They have three children.  Sometimes I feel like he may really serious consider leaving if one more incident occurs.  I'm trying to be a friend. As I do believe that we are friends.  There are times that I do feel my attraction for him leaving the stage of friendship to wanting more of the relationship, which can NEVER EVER be.  

So do I stop talking and being a shoulder to lean on or a sounding board?  And if so, how do I do that without him ever finding out how I am starting to really feel about him?  I don't want my feelings to destroy a friendship and make things awkward since we do have to work together.  I don't think it's good for him to know ever how I feel.

Am I wrong to have these feelings?  Even though my own marriage did not last because my husband didn't want to stay after he cheated on me.  I STRONGLY believe in marriage that everyone should stand and FIGHT for their marriage and family.

Sorry this is so long.  But I don't really have anyone that I could taltk to about this subject.

Thank you.
alliecat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 04:45:48 PM »

I would be really careful with this one. If he has mentioned leaving his wife, then he may be looking for an easy way out and I doubt you want to be his excuse. I would mention to him about getting some marriage couseling and speaking with his pastor. Until things settle down in his life I would back off on being his shoulder to cry on. Think of how his wife would feel even if you are just friends?
Getting_Real

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 11:14:05 PM »

Yeah, I agree.

If he is starting to confide in you more than he is sharing with his wife then trouble is starting...

I don't think it's wrong to feel as you do. Acting on the feelings on the other hand...
frankschnitzel

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 07:31:24 PM »

I think you should respect the sanctity of marriage. Release that this is something that can never happen, as it would be an awful thing for his wife and especially his children, and just deal with it somehow. Perhaps if he splits up something can happen? It's really up to the holy spirit, let it guide you my daughter.
Mrs.Chosen

Chosen By GOD Isaiah 43:1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 07:02:36 AM »

I would like to know how you made out in this matter.
Write back even though it's been a while

In Christ Jesus Love,

L.Gore
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the