Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:03:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  God's Will for me
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: God's Will for me  (Read 605 times)
growinginGrace

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2004, 05:32:26 PM »

Hi,
 Can anyone here tell me how to know what the Lord's will could be concerning a certain issue in my life?  I am going through a confusing time right now and would like to find what His will for me is.  I am currently going to school to get my degree but it is putting a lot of stress on me and I keep running into problems which has me wondering if maybe this isn't what the Lord wants me to do. I don't want to make a mistake and give up if in fact this is the Lord's will for my life but if it isn't, I don't want to be out of His will.  
   I am thinking of taking a job where my wife works at for the insurance and the good pay. It would mean droping out of school and missing getting my degree but right now I would be content doing anything as long I was in God's will. Everyone puts such a big deal about getting a good education which is well and good but I believe having a right relationship with God and being in His will is more important.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 05:58:09 PM »

I feel pretty sure from your post that you have asked God what He wants for you.  Life decisions like this and wanting to be in Gods will are sometimes very difficult to know or discern.   In my experience, when life decisions like this come up (that are not obvious)....through prayer, God will usually open or close doors in the decision process.   I will prayerfully check the open doors and ask Him if this one is not His will, to close it, and open the door that leads to it.    Place God first in the process and follow His lead.      With the faith you have expressed in your post, I have no doubt that God will lead you into His will for your life.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the degree in that you are currently studying for?

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
growinginGrace

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 07:32:23 PM »

Hi Tim,   Smiley

I'm taking drafting.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 02:18:28 PM »

Neat!  Just wanted to let you know I'm still praying for you!   Smiley

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2004, 06:26:12 AM »

That is easy?Fast 3days ,1st day you can work ,the 2nd satan will come hard to try and stop you ,the 3rd your mind is clear and JESUS CHRIST will talk with you .ASK HIM ANYTHING .JUST water and NO food ..The idea is to weaken the flesh too let the inner man have power over the flesh .Which you ARE [inner man ] HE the inner man wants to serve GOD .HE will if you let him .By giving him control.This is the being the LORD died for .When you die ?This is what is left  and well as your mind .This is who should be in control always .This is why the church seems to have NO POWER .WHEN IN TRUTH ?THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS POWER .BUT WE DO NOT PUT SELF OR THE FLESH DOWN .WE are tricked by satan ,thinking our flesh is US .It is not .You are a spirit as GOD IS .Your mind MUST be renewed .Because you are a NEW CREATURE .NOT OF THIS WORLD .YOU ARE OF NEW JERUSALEM ,where OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST IS NOW .HE WILL CALL US UP SOON .TO take our place in this city .We walk by FAITH .Faith the world can not see .nor understand .We recieve everything in FAITH .YOU FAST ?YOU will know more in 3or4 days than you learned since accepting JESUS CHRIST .JUST water ,prayer and reading the LIVING WORD .

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the