Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:30:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A lifestyle of worship! Is it yours?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A lifestyle of worship! Is it yours?  (Read 1657 times)
grazbo

God is Good all the time...

View Profile WWW
« on: June 26, 2003, 06:08:43 AM »

Worship is not music and singing, having an orchestra or the latest songs.
We don't sing to worship, we sing because we worship. Music and instruments etc are just 'Tools' to aid us. True worship is for God and Him alone. Not for our benefit! So many people say "the worship did nothing for me today" We say, "Well so what"? It was not for you any way! The trouble comes when God says  "The worship did nothing for me today" then we have something to worry about. It's time to stop keeping God outside the building whilst we have a 'great worship time' inside.
Worship has to be a lifestyle:
1: We need to be supernaturally normal people!
2: We need to practice forgiveness. Jesus died for our sins and bought forgiveness for us! We in turn should make sure that we can forgive others just as the Father has forgiven us. Matthew 6 v 14-15 states that if we don't forgive then God won't forgive us. As with the warning about coming to the Lords table with something against a brother, this too will create a barrier between us and God if we have unforgiveness in our hearts.
3: We need to live as servants. Just as Jesus did! We need again to see the 'Volunteer culture' restored in the church. None of us are too good to do any job in the church. Rather count it a blessing to be able to serve.
4: We need to cultivate character. To many people fail as christians because their 'gifting' far outweighs their character! If you 'Talk the Talk' then make sure you 'Walk the Walk'
5: We need to find that intimate place with God.  Only as we spend time with God in that secret place, on our own, will our lives truly change and our worship become real and intimate with God. So many worship times are a washout because the people are not walking in that intimate place with God. And when Sunday comes instead of our corporate worship taking off we have to badger and cajole it and continually stoke the fires until things get warmed up.
6: We need to develop intimacy with God. Develop friendship with the Holy Spirit. Only as we truly know God can we know what He wants for us, know his thoughts for our lives. Hear His voice each day leading us and helping us.
7: We need to be totally honest. With ourselves and most of all with God. Let's face it He knows all about us anyway so why try and lie about it or cover it up.
8: We need to be persistent in our passion for God's touch, revelation,
His glorious presence.
9: We need to make time to be intimate with God. No doubt you have heard many people say "but I don't have time, I can't fit it in, there are not enough hours in the day e.t.c. Well if we go back to point 7 and are totally honest then each one of us knows without exception, that if we want to do something we will make time for it. Meals out, Football, Climbing, Films & T.V So if you really want to make time for God then………….?? DO YOU REALLY WANT TO?
10: Strive to be what God has called you to be. If you know without a doubt what it is then go for it! At the same time be content with where God has you right now. So much time is wasted by dreaming of and trying to be somewhere or something that we are not. Don't force it. If God has said it then let Him do it, don't go running off in front. Remember, A good idea is as good as a bad idea, if it is not God's idea!

So my friends, instead of spending so much time on who has the best band, who writes the best songs, who's got the best congregation, Who should do what and where etc let us get our focus back where it belongs. On the 'Author and the finisher of our faith' Christ Jesus our Lord.

Jesus, the lover of our souls. He loves us so much, He wants to be intimate with us, He longs for two way communication with us, He desires our honest and heartfelt worship. He has many things still to reveal to us so let us persevere and not grow weary. Let us not give up, let's strive to do all we can so that God will be proud of us and can say to the father, this is my servant, he walked the walk and he talked the talk, and he did all that I asked him to do.    GLORY!

« Last Edit: June 27, 2003, 02:54:03 AM by grazbo » Logged
Kristen

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 03:20:00 PM »

2: We need to practice forgiveness. If we don't forgive. God won't forgive us!

WHAT?!?!?! God's forgivness is through a repentant heart and faith in Christ Jesus. It is not conditional like that! We forgive because we have been forgiven, NOT because if we don't we in turn will not be. We have to forgive as Christ forgives.  

A good idea is as good as a bad idea, if it is not God's idea!

SO TRUE;D good stuff!!! *high fives* i like that a lot!  Smiley
grazbo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2003, 07:45:53 PM »

Hey Kristan I won't say that I do not know where you are coming from but let me be clear about this! Matthew 6 verses 14-15 tell us to practice forgiveness!And plainly states that if we cannot forgive then God won't forgive us!  Yes we are forgiven when we come to God in repentance but we should also forgive others and let's be honest, that is not as easy at it sounds in this life! We have to be aware that if we truly want to come before God then we have to make sure we have no unforgiveness in our hearts towards others. If we do then God cannot accept our praise, our prayers, our worship and as the bible says clearly, He can't forgive us either!
Kristen

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2003, 10:34:11 PM »

I'm not disputing the fact that we do need forgive. We do! But if our forgiving determines whether or not we will in turn be forgiven, that takes salvation out of God's hands and puts it in our own.  And we cannot save ourselves.  See, forgiveness of sins is through Christ Jesus:

"Therefore, my brothers, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. "
-Acts 13:38

"All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."
-Acts 10:43

"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace."
-Ephesians 1:7

"In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness."
-Hebrews 9:22

You see, the forgiveness of our sins is only through the shedding of Christ's blood, and our acceptance of him as our personal savior.  The forgiveness of our sins is salvation. If God does not forgive us unless we forgive others, then salvation is up to us and our deeds.  And salvation is only through Jesus Christ and people are only called to Christ Jesus by God.  But yes, YES, it is very important that we forgive others, me absolutely must as Christ forgave us! It doesnt determine whether or not we are forgiven, but we forgive BECAUSE we have BEEN forgiven.  Smiley

grazbo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2003, 03:02:47 AM »

I agree with you wholeheartedly and have amended my post to make it a bit clearer! I am talking 'post' salvation. I know that God has forgiven us and that is a wonderful gift but, we as christians have an obligation to obey God's laws and commands as Paul said? "shall we go on sinning because of God's grace"? NO! We need to live the life that God intends for us, Loving our enemies, Forgiving those who do us wrong, Making sure our hands are clean and our hearts are pure before God in all things. Yes when we mess up God is right there to forgive us. But if we deliberately keep on sinning i.e unforgiveness in our hearts then God in turn will not forgive us.
The same as with any sin that if unconfessed, will cut us off from God!
As I am coming from the point of living a lifestyle of worship then I hope you will agree that this is a necessary part of our christian life and as I said. Something we need to practice!

It is good discussing this with you!

grazbo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2003, 03:29:45 AM »

Kristen Hi!

It just occured to me that where I am coming from is substantiated by the parable of the unmerciful servant!
Matthew 18 verses 21 to end. Verse 35 being the crux of the matter. Which ties in with Matthew 6 verses 14 & 15.

If God does things for me then I go and do the opposite to my fellow man then I am in trouble. Plain and simple, no getting around it!

I am sorry I did not explain myself clearly the first time!
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2003, 06:17:17 PM »

Blessings, everyone. Kristen, Grazbo's right--it's there. If we do not forgive others, God will not forgive us. Is it faith in Christ that saves? Yes! And Christ alone, but if we do not forgive, then our faith was never genuine. If we are truly in Christ, we *will* forgive others.

Matthew 6:14-15: For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

When we read the scriptures, we need remember that no verse contradicts any other verse. If it seems that way, we have to understand there's something missing from how we're viewing it. Every scripture needs to become part of our gridwork, our way of thinking. You asked a good question.

Graz, good post. Really refreshing. Thank you.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2003, 05:21:43 PM »

Yes, our daily lives should be that of constant worship, I think...

...being an example to others and a guide to others--to Jesus Christ.

Thank you, grazbo
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the