Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:31:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hypocrisy - Clothes.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hypocrisy - Clothes.  (Read 8141 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2004, 04:02:54 AM »

do you keep money in a bank?
Nope, I keep it at home in a safe. I don't trust banks, after getting "ripped off" by a bank. I got the money back later but, the damage had been done.

Resting in the Lord's arms.
Bob

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2004, 06:28:18 AM »

I am not Religious, I wear clean and neat clothes

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2004, 09:29:35 AM »

"There's a book entitled Dress for Success.  Executives at IBM really believe in that.  They require their people to dress in a certain way. Jesus in His carpenter's apron, Jesus girded with a towel, hardly seem dressed for success.
You see someone who is very meticulous about his appearance and you know that here is someone who is concerned about detail.  You see a person who is careless about his appearance and you know this is someone whose mind is on larger things and gives little thought to details."

"Now see the most wonderful thing of all. "There followed him, riding upon white horses, men and women dressed in fine linen, white and clean."  Where did they get those robes?  You know. He put His robe on them - His robe of righteousness, His robe of purity, His robe of sinlessness.  He put His robe on them!  He puts His robe on us!  Over the rags of our self-righteousness - over the filth of our sin - over the twisted deformity of our broken lives!  He puts His robe on us!"

The Clothes of Christ -
http://www.dabar.org/Homiletics/Above/Ch7.htm

Zec 3:4  And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Patzt

I'm a blood bought child of God!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2004, 09:39:37 AM »

Preach it Sis!   Smiley

LOL  Nope, I'm finished.  Said enough.  Grin  I'll just continue doing what I'm doing.  No one in here convinced me to change or that I was wrong in my thinking and I didn't convince anyone differently so...

God bless you all,

Pat

Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2004, 10:02:31 AM »

"To crave greater prestige, greater notoriety, greater visibility is to embrace compromise after compromise until we have thoroughly falsified ourselves, a phoney of the phoneys."

"It is plain that Christians are those who, in faith, have put on Jesus Christ himself. As we put on him we put on that renewed human nature which he is and which he fits onto us; as all of this happens the image of God, in which we were created but which has become scratched and marred and defaced -- this image of God is re-engraved and now stands out unmistakably."

"If this is really what has happened (and what more could happen?), what is the result of our having put on Christ?"

"The first result is startling; the first result is so public, so notorious, so blatant that it can be observed and noted without contradiction even by those who make no profession of faith at all. The first result is that the barriers throughout the world which divide, isolate and alienate human beings from each other are crumbled. "Here there cannot be Greek or Jew", says Paul, "...nor barbarian, Scythian, slave or free person; but Christ is all and in all."  amen!

http://www.victorshepherd.on.ca/Sermons/What%20Does%20It%20Mean%20To%20Put%20On%20The%20Lord%20Jesus%20Christ.htm

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2004, 10:47:14 AM »

God never once said "dress up for me"
What He said was "Let me dress you up"

Twisting Gods words was satans first act of deceit.
Allowing himself to be deceived caused man to fall into sin.
Believing what God said/versus satan, about one piece of fruit did`nt seem all that important. Believing what God says/versus man about clothes does`nt seem all that important either. Or does it?

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be complete and thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2004, 12:32:30 PM »

DW:

My wife has a vest made and given to her by Vera Redbird (don't know if you know her). Husbands name is Don....I believe they live up around the 4 corners somewhere. We met them when we were up in the White Mountains in Az.

The vest is doeskin, and beaded on the back with a very large bird rising out of a circle. Beadwork on the front pockets are also birds rising. She explained it as indicating that Bev (my wife) was a "child of the light."

Anyway, it's beautiful....they (the Redbirds) are beautiful, too.

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2004, 01:32:45 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I value the input of everyone here, as this thread has made everyone think about some important issues.

As an example:

Will everyone think just a little bit differently the next time a very poor or homeless person shows up for church?

Might there be some additional thought now if a person has no money for shoes or is wearing dirty or tattered clothing?

Might there be some additional thought that we realize that God looks on the heart, not the outward man?

I sincerely hope this thread doesn't hurt anyone's feelings, rather just make all Christians think. I think that everyone agrees with the term, "modest". I don't think that anyone believes suggestive clothing has a place in church. The varying opinions appear to be in the area of expense and finery.

I would guess that most of us really don't have the money to be involved in expense and finery contests. I know that I don't. I'll have to be happy with the $15 shirt and $20 pair of pants. If I wear my suit, it will be a $100 suit that came with two pairs of pants. I really don't think that money was the primary issue raised in this thread, rather the thought that many compete with finery and bring attention to themselves instead of God.

Love In Christ,
Tom

I Peter 3:15  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2004, 09:34:30 PM »

Ahem.

This is the most confusing thread I've ever read.

And I'm the one who started it.

Roll Eyes
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2004, 07:25:26 AM »

Quote from Shylynne:
Jesus in His carpenter's apron, Jesus girded with a towel, hardly seem dressed for success.
You see someone who is very meticulous about his appearance and you know that here is someone who is concerned about detail.  You see a person who is careless about his appearance and you know this is someone whose mind is on larger things and gives little thought to details."

Amen!

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2004, 07:27:55 AM »

God never once said "dress up for me"
What He said was "Let me dress you up"

Amen, Shylynne!

"Dressing up" outwardly for the Lord is about like saying I must have a gluttonous feast in order to give thanks to Him for food.  Roll Eyes

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2004, 07:33:51 AM »

1 Timothy 6

3   If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4   He is proud, knowing nothing,
but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5   Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
6   But godliness with contentment is great gain.
7   For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
8   And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
9   But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
10   For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
11   But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
12   Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

17   Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
18   That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;
19   Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.
20   O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
21   Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2004, 07:36:13 AM »

Jeremiah 13
10 This evil people, which refuse to hear my words, which walk in the imagination of their heart, and walk after other gods, to serve them, and to worship them, shall even be as this girdle, which is good for nothing.
 Lips Sealed

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2004, 07:38:27 AM »

Jeremiah 13

17 But if ye will not hear it, my soul shall weep in secret places for your pride; and mine eye shall weep sore, and run down with tears, because the LORD's flock is carried away captive.

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2004, 07:40:40 AM »

Jeremiah 13
25 This is thy lot, the portion of thy measures from me, saith the LORD; because thou hast forgotten me, and trusted in falsehood.
26 Therefore will I discover thy skirts upon thy face, that thy shame may appear.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the