Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:23:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286802 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Favored by God...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favored by God...  (Read 2376 times)
Bronzesnake
« on: November 10, 2004, 02:53:36 AM »

The next time someone says "America is a damned nation" or an "evil" nation - remind them that America is favored by God.

Moses was favored by God...Moses wandered through desert for forty years followed by a hoard of people who constantly rejected God even after being eye witnesses to many miracles. Moses lead his people through wars, and never did get to see the promised land.

Four young Jews were favored by God, and were forced into a blazing furnace, one of them was lead into a lion's den for an entire night.

Job was favored by God. Job suffered horrible afflictions and a loss of property and wealth.

Joseph was favored by God. Joseph was despised and hated by his own brothers, who attempted to murder him by shoving him down a deep well. Once that failed, they sold Joseph into slavery. Joseph spent twelve years in a prison after being falsely accused.

Mary was favored by God. Mary's boyfriend thought her to be an adulterer at one time. Mary's son was not born in a comfortable home, He was born in a barn. The Prince of Princes - Lord of Lords was not clothed in fine silks or adorned with rubys and gold - He was wrapped in swaddling cloth. Mary's son was marked for death by the king. Mary's neighbors sons were murdered in an effort to kill her own son. Mary had to flee to Egypt for several years to escape the killers. Mary saw her son, with spit running down His face, His beard torn out, and nailed to a cross to die.

Being favored by God does not necessarily keep your enemies at bay or guarantee peace and prosperity. There are people who believe America is condemned by God because she has been attacked, and are at war. Such people do not understand God's M.O.

Bronzesnake
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 03:08:01 AM »

AMEN, BRNZ Grin

As Brother Love would say......... 2 Thumbs Up.

Bronzesnake
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 03:15:58 AM »

AMEN, BRNZ Grin

As Brother Love would say......... 2 Thumbs Up.

Thank you long hair!  Cheesy

Bronzesnake
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 10:53:25 AM »

Amen.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 01:38:40 PM »

amen
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2004, 03:33:52 PM »

Agreed. America is favored by God, also is Israel. It's evident that our Lord is merciful to America because He has allowed Bush to have another term in office. It's also evident that the Lord is merciful to America because we havn't been invaded and over-run. IN the OT, God punished the nation of Israel 2 times by having their nation invaded and the people put into captivity. Why? Because they wouldn't listen. America is favored by God at the moment, but how much longer? How much longer will it be before God takes His hand on this nation. God should have taken His hand away from this nation years ago, but He hasn't yet. Let us count our blessings that our Lord still has His hand on this nation and will be coming soon. Just a few things to think about.

In His Service,
Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Bronzesnake
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2004, 07:57:01 AM »

Agreed. America is favored by God, also is Israel. It's evident that our Lord is merciful to America because He has allowed Bush to have another term in office. It's also evident that the Lord is merciful to America because we havn't been invaded and over-run. IN the OT, God punished the nation of Israel 2 times by having their nation invaded and the people put into captivity. Why? Because they wouldn't listen. America is favored by God at the moment, but how much longer? How much longer will it be before God takes His hand on this nation. God should have taken His hand away from this nation years ago, but He hasn't yet. Let us count our blessings that our Lord still has His hand on this nation and will be coming soon. Just a few things to think about.

In His Service,
Joshua

Hi Joshua.

God will deal with America after the rapture. If I was a betting man (I'm not) I'd say there are more Christians in North America than anywhere else on earth. Once we are gone, there will be an accounting of sins.

Bronzesnake

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2004, 12:26:59 PM »

Amen Bro!  Although I'd say we're recipients of God's Grace.   Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2004, 04:48:15 PM »

Since about '80, the Lord has continually given me scripture to preach from, no matter where I have gone....recently, He brought it again to me, but this time with a difference, which I will note at the end, and also a great sense of urgency.

I think it is fitting not only to this discussion, but to our times. The italicized parts are the emphasis.

From Jeremiah 2.

Jer 2:5
Thus saith the LORD, What iniquity have your fathers found in me, that they are gone far from me, and have walked after vanity, and are become vain?
Neither said they, Where [is] the LORD that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, that led us through the wilderness, through a land of deserts and of pits, through a land of drought, and of the shadow of death, through a land that no man passed through, and where no man dwelt?
And I brought you into a plentiful country, to eat the fruit thereof and the goodness thereof; but when ye entered, ye defiled my land, and made mine heritage an abomination.
The priests said not, Where [is] the LORD? and they that handle the law knew me not: the pastors also transgressed against me, and the prophets prophesied by Baal, and walked after [things that] do not profit.
Wherefore I will yet plead with you, saith the LORD, and with your children's children will I plead.

Previously, all of the verses were emphasized, but this time, He made a point of cutting off the last part of verse 9..."...and with your children's children will I plead."

It is as if He were saying, "this is your last shot, and the last generation....no more will I beseech you to walk rightly..."

FWIW, I preached it as a series....6 weeks. It also went on a weekly radio show in Austin.

Got some hate mail from it.   Cry

"My word shall not return void, but WILL accomplish the purpose wherewith it is sent."

"think not that I am come to bring peace, but to bring a sword..."
« Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 05:46:35 PM by Evangelist » Logged

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2004, 05:19:09 PM »

Brother Hank,

I give thanks for you and your work for God, both here and elsewhere. It's becoming more and more apparent that servants of God will be attacked in doing HIS work. The more you do, the more you will be attacked. I will pray that God gives you strength to stand up and keep standing up until HE takes us home to Glory.

I think that it's time for all Christians to wonder about what they are doing if they aren't being attacked. If everything is going smooth and peaceful for a Brother or Sister in Christ, it's time for them to wonder if they are doing God's Will. We won't win popularity contests in talking about the curse of sin and death, but knowledge of sin is one of the first steps to Jesus and Salvation. We should quit worrying about people getting mad at us for telling the TRUTH of the Gospel of God's Grace. If we get knocked down in the effort, we can pray that God gives us strength to stand up and keep trying until our short lives here are over.

Brother, this sounds odd, but being attacked should put a smile on your face. If we have things all nice and easy, we are laying down on the job God has for us.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2004, 05:52:37 PM »

See my grin?
 Grin

The sad part is that MOST of the 'hate' is coming from so-called Christians and the panty-waist pillow prophets that pander to the itching ears so their pockets will be full.

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2004, 06:20:42 PM »

Brother Hank,

I understand more than I want to about religious corporation business that should probably trade on the stock exchange. I've been completely spoiled all my life in a small and simple church building. Great treasures are in Jesus and Jesus is in our hearts, with or without the brick and mortar building. I remember many beautiful worship services under trees, in a tent, and in many simple places that God did provide.

Stubbing the toe of big corporate religion just might be a good thing.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2004, 11:54:18 PM »

Amen, Evangelist and blackeyedpeas, all good points.

I spent my childhood in a church building that was just the basement. My teenage years saw a lot of services held in an empty horse field when the basement was too small. Some of the best services I ever attended. God was there for sure.

I attended one sevice in later years in a church that was known to truck drivers as Fort Jesus. It was the coldest service I ever attended even though it was a 100+ degree day. The main subject that day was money not Jesus.

God bless you both, brothers.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2004, 07:01:10 AM »

Since about '80, the Lord has continually given me scripture to preach from, no matter where I have gone....recently, He brought it again to me, but this time with a difference, which I will note at the end, and also a great sense of urgency.

I think it is fitting not only to this discussion, but to our times. The italicized parts are the emphasis.

From Jeremiah 2.

Thus saith the LORD, What iniquity have your fathers found in me, that they are gone far from me, and have walked after vanity, and are become vain?
Neither said they, Where [is] the LORD that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, that led us through the wilderness, through a land of deserts and of pits, through a land of drought, and of the shadow of death, through a land that no man passed through, and where no man dwelt?
And I brought you into a plentiful country, to eat the fruit thereof and the goodness thereof; but when ye entered, ye defiled my land, and made mine heritage an abomination.
The priests said not, Where [is] the LORD? and they that handle the law knew me not: the pastors also transgressed against me, and the prophets prophesied by Baal, and walked after [things that] do not profit.
Wherefore I will yet plead with you, saith the LORD, and with your children's children will I plead.

Previously, all of the verses were emphasized, but this time, He made a point of cutting off the last part of verse 9..."...and with your children's children will I plead."

It is as if He were saying, "this is your last shot, and the last generation....no more will I beseech you to walk rightly..."

FWIW, I preached it as a series....6 weeks. It also went on a weekly radio show in Austin.

"My word shall not return void, but WILL accomplish the purpose wherewith it is sent."

AMEN!!!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2004, 09:21:10 AM »

From Jeremiah 2.

There wouldn't perchance by an online audio file for this now would there?  I'd love to hear it!   Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the