Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:45:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Why don't we call for the president to stop killing IRAQI babies?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why don't we call for the president to stop killing IRAQI babies?  (Read 36036 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 22, 2005, 05:22:08 PM »

CrystalClear,

FORMAL PUBLIC WARNING!

I've already removed cursing from one of your posts, and I sent you a very blunt warning that cursing is not permitted on Christians Unite. This obviously includes abbreviated or fill in the blank cursing.

This is a public warning to you about cursing on Christians Unite, and it will be your last one. You will simply be gone with the next instance of cursing.

You have been allowed to troll, play your games with Christians, and state opinions that are contrary to what Christians believe, BUT YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO VIOLATE THE FORUM RULES!  This represents your final warning. Your next violation of forum rules will result in a magic act - YOU WILL DISAPPEAR!  I hope this is "Crystal Clear".

CrystalClear

I can think for myself thankyou!

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 22, 2005, 05:22:14 PM »

circles
Very intelligent, slow down my head is spinning!  Embarrassed

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-William Shakespeare
CrystalClear

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 22, 2005, 05:35:23 PM »

I was making a speculation to ilicit a response from you which is part'n'parcel in a discussion.  

OH I see you can speculate, to ilicit conversation only when that conversation goes your way and is only understood they way you want it understood. MY opinion it is INconceivable that God would use murder, which is contrary to his word.

I don't see your point, I didn't say you couldn't ilicit conversation. I was simply responding to your query.

So the victims had a choice... interesting take on that. Those firstborn which were killed had the choice and they chose disobedience... I've never heard that before, go figure.

I'm not surprised that would mean that you actually read the bible.

So you hold fast to the claim that the firstborn we are talking about were able to choose and made that choice for which they were killed by God?

OOKAY, what ever you want, you did begin to speak some truth with...."I don't think", which is the root of our problem here.  

So you have nothing valid to add. I suppose to you that means you should just attack me.  Roll Eyes    <---that's me not suprized.

But the truth is we aren't the ones complainging you are, and what a shame your opinion doesn't count, or maybe I should have said DIDN'T count.

Actually it did count. There are more of us who didn't vote than those who did. I would say that's a pretty big message to both parties that their candidates all stink.

PS, TROLLS DON"T LIKE TO EAT THEIR OWN WORDS......

P.S.
Post script is 2 words so when you type PS you should put the dots after the letters. Also it's 3 dots to symbolize "etc." Like this: Schools out...

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

-William Shakespeare
Bronzesnake
« Reply #258 on: January 22, 2005, 05:39:24 PM »

Oh no! evolution is real! Crystal changed from a somewhat intelligent person who was often wrong, into a goofball!  Cheesy Tongue Tongue Tongue

Bronzesnake
CrystalClear

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 22, 2005, 05:40:51 PM »

Crystal quote...

I find it curious how quickly you and Dreamweaver slap the label of TROLL on those who disagree with your point of view. I'm sorry, I thought debate meant that there would be differing points of view.
So anyone who disagrees with you is trolling? I don't understand why you have so much fear of opposing opinions. God tests us all in the way most appropriate and Satan temps us all in similar fashion... I wonder if God is testing your grace or if Satan is tempting you with power... Either way I'd not be so quick to judge other Christians just because their opinion is different from yours.

Crystal got quite offended when he precieved others were attacking him for having an opposing viewpoint.

Crystal response to my post...

And how are we doing this? Let me type slowly for you so you understand. By invading other countries and installing our form of government. You don't get it do you?

Obviously we can not continue with this discussion because you are getting less and less able to maintain a valid discussion. You are resorting to simply dismissing the arguments I bring while presenting none of your own. You only have propaganda as information which you are recycling. You need to stop getting your info only from other fundamentalists and right wing media and try to find some objective sources of information. Any information...

Oh please point me to your "credible",  "propaganda free" sources so I can be wise and correct just like you my friend.  Tongue

Hypocrite.

Bronzesnake

The difference is that you are no longer participating in a valid discussion. You are just making up junk and repeating the same old tired propaganda. If you'd like to present some factual statements I'd be willing to listen.

-Galileo Galilei

-William Shakespeare
Bronzesnake
« Reply #260 on: January 22, 2005, 05:53:27 PM »

The difference is that you are no longer participating in a valid discussion. You are just making up junk and repeating the same old tired propaganda. If you'd like to present some factual statements I'd be willing to listen.

Oh the irony!!

Hey, ever see that movie...banned man walking. Tongue

Bronzesnake
Future_Canadian

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 22, 2005, 06:10:50 PM »

does the word of God detail the "rules of war" when the war itself is fought for political and monetary gain?

iraq did not attack us.

100,000 civilians have died as a result of this war.

more people have died at the hands of "Christian" crusades than of all other wars combined.

is this the "culture of life" that bush speaks of?
a culture that builds nuclear bombs and threatens to kill other people who do the same?
a culture where the death penalty is still used on children, leaving us one of the only countries on earth to still use this practice?
a culture where profits are made from the manufacture of weapons of death?

wake up. please. Jesus would not condone this.

EXACTLY!!!  IRAQ did NOT ATTACK US  FINALLY A POST WORTH READING...*ROLLS EYES*

56 Percent in Survey Say Iraq War Was a Mistake

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A14266-2004Dec20.html

President Bush heads into his second term amid deep and growing public skepticism about the Iraq war, with a solid majority saying for the first time that the war was a mistake and most people believing that Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld should lose his job, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 06:13:46 PM by Future_Canadian » Logged

Blind loyalty to Bush has more in common with an infectious disease than with an actual thought process. Bush and the neo-con mantra: Holler terrorism, war is good business, Americans invest your sons and daughters!
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 22, 2005, 06:12:26 PM »

Oh the irony!!

Hey, ever see that movie...banned man walking. Tongue

Bronzesnake

LOL! Bronzesnake it might be more productive to stick your tongue on a frozen pole!  Grin

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 22, 2005, 06:44:14 PM »

I think they're multiplying!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 22, 2005, 07:09:49 PM »

I think they're multiplying!

Grin   Grin  YES!, but they are self-destructive and will thin themselves out. The survivors will go back under the bridge to the darkness they crave. Who knows, maybe civilization can find a productive use for them some day.

musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 22, 2005, 07:35:43 PM »

I was making a speculation to ilicit a response from you which is part'n'parcel in a discussion.  

OH I see you can speculate, to ilicit conversation only when that conversation goes your way and is only understood they way you want it understood. MY opinion it is INconceivable that God would use murder, which is contrary to his word.

I don't see your point, I didn't say you couldn't ilicit conversation. I was simply responding to your query.

So the victims had a choice... interesting take on that. Those firstborn which were killed had the choice and they chose disobedience... I've never heard that before, go figure.

I'm not surprised that would mean that you actually read the bible.

So you hold fast to the claim that the firstborn we are talking about were able to choose and made that choice for which they were killed by God?

OOKAY, what ever you want, you did begin to speak some truth with...."I don't think", which is the root of our problem here.  

So you have nothing valid to add. I suppose to you that means you should just attack me.  Roll Eyes    <---that's me not suprized.

But the truth is we aren't the ones complainging you are, and what a shame your opinion doesn't count, or maybe I should have said DIDN'T count.

Actually it did count. There are more of us who didn't vote than those who did. I would say that's a pretty big message to both parties that their candidates all stink.

PS, TROLLS DON"T LIKE TO EAT THEIR OWN WORDS......

P.S.
Post script is 2 words so when you type PS you should put the dots after the letters. Also it's 3 dots to symbolize "etc." Like this: Schools out...

Crystalmuddy,
            IF you could only read my response you would also know that I never said the baby had a choice BUT there parents did.

I will paste and copy my response to you that you seem to be having a problem understanding ...sigh....
Crystal,
You brought up the scriptures and posted them I simply was using your idea, (crazy as it is) that because God took the life (you call this murder) of all first borns, this some how justifies abortion,.... you still didn't answer my question.
Did God ever take the life of any first born of a believer? NO......why don't we ask ourselves what caused God to take those lives? Even some of the Isarealites didn't follow the direction so their first borns were dead too. Unbelief, rebellion, doubt, ingnorance caused the death of the first borns not God. God left a way out as he always does, and the unbelievers failed. A murder doesn't give anyone a choice, no one gives the innoncent baby a choice of life or death, and neither do the mothers who abort them or any who believe abortion is a choice.....

God did not murder the first borns he did allow their death, he did but the plan in motion and still he gave the people guidlines to keep the death angel from taking the life of their first born.

I am not sure what your problem is with the lack of obediance on the part of the PARENTS that caused the death of their first borns, or even facing the fact that abortion is murder, except you want to keep stirring the stink. I am weary of this, I truly am sorry that you have the idea that God kills babies, allows the killing of babies, or God has no problems with abortion, and finally God just lets the abortionist take care of his enemies for him we can't forget that (its not inconceivable).....

musicllover

almost forgot, that is s-u-p-r-i-s-e-d, unless your Gomer Pile,
P.S.... your a troll, how is that false teacher?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 11:48:16 PM by musicllover » Logged

musicllover
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 23, 2005, 12:05:58 AM »

Musiclover,

Sister, we know that Almighty God does not have everlasting mercy and patience with those who defy and disobey Him. The record of the Great Flood is only a small example of God's Wrath. All of the examples of God's Wrath in the past are tiny compared to what is to come. There are many who appear to laugh in HIS FACE while they defy HIM. Their judgment will be beyond human imagination.

Our Heavenly Father is absolute RIGHTEOUSNESS, and HE should be feared along with our love. We are made fit for inheritance ONLY because of the precious BLOOD of JESUS. We actually deserve the terrible Wrath of Almighty God, but JESUS CHRIST has rescued us from the curse of sin and death. The day will come when those who walk in darkness will face HIS terrible Wrath for eternity. Those who love JESUS and have HIM in their hearts have already been rescued from the terrible wrath that will most certainly come. The teaching of the Cross is foolishness to some, but to us, JESUS and the CROSS are the reality of HOPE that is within us, eternal life with our Lord and Saviour forever.

Those who laugh at and defy Almighty God are objects of great pity.

Love In Christ,
Tom

I Peter 3:18  For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: January 23, 2005, 12:25:32 AM »

does the word of God detail the "rules of war" when the war itself is fought for political and monetary gain?

iraq did not attack us.

100,000 civilians have died as a result of this war.

more people have died at the hands of "Christian" crusades than of all other wars combined.

is this the "culture of life" that bush speaks of?
a culture that builds nuclear bombs and threatens to kill other people who do the same?
a culture where the death penalty is still used on children, leaving us one of the only countries on earth to still use this practice?
a culture where profits are made from the manufacture of weapons of death?

wake up. please. Jesus would not condone this.

EXACTLY!!!  IRAQ did NOT ATTACK US  FINALLY A POST WORTH READING...*ROLLS EYES*

56 Percent in Survey Say Iraq War Was a Mistake

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A14266-2004Dec20.html

President Bush heads into his second term amid deep and growing public skepticism about the Iraq war, with a solid majority saying for the first time that the war was a mistake and most people believing that Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld should lose his job, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

I love how trolls automatically go, and quote trolls that have vanished!

thommy

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 23, 2005, 08:50:08 AM »

Hi all,

I have only had the chance to post a couple of times here, and so I guess my question should be directed at BEP.

I'm new here, and am a little unaware of all of this "troll" stuff.  But with that aside, it seems as though that is the name you give people who debate good Christian issues within this forum.  I don't mean to be aggresive, but as I read through many different debates, it seems as though you, as the moderator of a debate forum, are decidedly anti-debate.  I have read few, if any instances where you have been supportive of a Christian who has posted a point of view that strays in any degree from your own, which seems to reduce this "debate" into little more than mutual congratulation for you and several like-minded individuals.  Perhaps my interpretation of God's word is flawed, but I've always thought of my faith as one that is open to question, open to the views of others, and most of all driven by love as opposed to fear and hate.  I trully believe that you have the opportunity to do something incredible in God's name here, which is why I beleive I was drwn here in the first place.  I sincerely wish that you and some of your memebers embrace the challenge and the brilliance of debate, as opposed to the apparant current practice of labbeling and worst of all, playing a dangerous game of holier than thou.

cheers,

Thom
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: January 23, 2005, 09:10:05 AM »

Hi all,

I have only had the chance to post a couple of times here, and so I guess my question should be directed at BEP.

I'm new here, and am a little unaware of all of this "troll" stuff.  But with that aside, it seems as though that is the name you give people who debate good Christian issues within this forum.  I don't mean to be aggresive, but as I read through many different debates, it seems as though you, as the moderator of a debate forum, are decidedly anti-debate.  I have read few, if any instances where you have been supportive of a Christian who has posted a point of view that strays in any degree from your own, which seems to reduce this "debate" into little more than mutual congratulation for you and several like-minded individuals.  Perhaps my interpretation of God's word is flawed, but I've always thought of my faith as one that is open to question, open to the views of others, and most of all driven by love as opposed to fear and hate.  I trully believe that you have the opportunity to do something incredible in God's name here, which is why I beleive I was drwn here in the first place.  I sincerely wish that you and some of your memebers embrace the challenge and the brilliance of debate, as opposed to the apparant current practice of labbeling and worst of all, playing a dangerous game of holier than thou.

cheers,

Thom

Thommy, they aren't playing a game of holier than thou.  You can debate they just don't want there to be a war.  There is a difference between debate and trying to mow someone over.  As Christians I believe that we should discuse things in calm, nonargumentitive manner.  Not to single anyone out and see how small we can make them feel.  This is NOT directed to attack you, but to show you my veiws on debate.  It shouldn't be a game of "Yay I won!!!" but something we can pull and learn from.

God bless,
Kris

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the