Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:41:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Why don't we call for the president to stop killing IRAQI babies?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why don't we call for the president to stop killing IRAQI babies?  (Read 36024 times)
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: January 23, 2005, 10:23:13 AM »

Thommy,
            I try very hard not to get personal in my debates, I simple would like to exchange idea and opinions, its when the opposing view starts to belittle the scriptures, Jesus Christ, twisting words, reading your mind, begin to get personal that is what makes a troll. I come to learn and teach what I can as I understand it, none of us has all the answers, but there are some really smart people here for or against your own personal ideas, and then again you have those who want to argue and cause trouble,(a troll). THere are ways to agree to disagree with out the attacks. Granted its not always easy to understand what a person intent is, or what they really meant or was thinking and that can cause problems but when its explained and still the other person will not listen they become a troll.
I like to have debates, the chance to learning etc etc. But some can't seem to do that, I'll admit I get aggressive when it becomes my god is better than your GOd. As a Christian I do have a right to defend the word, and in this particular debate the life of the unborn. I will do that at all cost, the attacks on my grammer, or spelling that is just childish, so I play with it sometimes, and I'm sure that doesnt' always help, but I'm still very serious about any false teaching.
        As for our mod.'s I appreciate all they do to keep the forum Christ like. They understand the word, and DO defend it. This is not a one man show, there are several moderators here, which makes for a great balance, beside the owner of the site, and everything goes thru him as well, does it mean they defend it the way the understand it,probably so far I have agree with their defense of the word. I have been to other so called Christian sites, who allow anyone to post, NASTY and NOT Christ like, false teaching flying right and left, the truth of Gods word was lost in all the trash, another board I belonged to was mostly non rapture believers run by 3 mod, but 2 where married to each other, so tech 2 mod, on a world wide board, thousand and thousand posted, when I tried to report the abuse (cussing, downing Jesus, personal attack and threats) my posts were never responded too, the owner was gone, or possobly never recieved them since some of them were pm from on site...funny how one mod always knew when I did that not sure how that worked. The Mod claimed to be a Christian, but believed in evolution. Talk about OXY-MORON and if I posted anything to do with rapture she'd would blew me out of the water with her I'm "moderator" here and if you continue to post, When I tried to descuss creation with a evolutioninist the mod defended his personal attacks on the word!....... I would get so frustrated I did loose my cool and begin to post like everyone else. NOT GOOD nasty is contagious, it was like I caught the, if you can't beat up, join em desease....when I realized that I resigned. That won't happen here and I am so thankful.  
    I hope I'm not speaking out of turn but if you want to debate do so, just don't begin to twist the word and get personal. If you want to truly argue or get nasty there are several thousands of site to go to.
     I would find it very interesting to be able to speak to atheist, or muslims, agnostics, etc etc if they would come here willing to learn and not try to teach, or blast Christ, it would defaintly have to be on my turf, where the playing field is build on Christ. Troulbe is most do come here to, convert, or defend their faith which does cause troulbe cause I'll defend mine too.
     blessings,
musicllover

musicllover
Reba
« Reply #271 on: January 23, 2005, 10:52:09 AM »

Thommy,

Hi and welcome....

One the question of debate and trolls around here..... Our brother Ollie has a different view then most here... You might try reading his posts and making a comparison to the 'troll' posts. When one is around for a while you can see the difference. I disagree with Ollie often and have 'done battle' with him but it is a battle for 'truth' on both sides not a battle for ' I am right you are wrong' I listen to Ollie because of the way he presents his views...

Opposing views are allowed here in many forms. The view i hold on the Revelation/ Daniel is about a 180 from most here yet i am not called a 'troll' .... Least i hope not Tongue... Some folks are in attack mode  and know to divide is to conquer .

Bronzesnake
« Reply #272 on: January 23, 2005, 11:38:54 AM »

Thommy,

Hi and welcome....

One the question of debate and trolls around here..... Our brother Ollie has a different view then most here... You might try reading his posts and making a comparison to the 'troll' posts. When one is around for a while you can see the difference. I disagree with Ollie often and have 'done battle' with him but it is a battle for 'truth' on both sides not a battle for ' I am right you are wrong' I listen to Ollie because of the way he presents his views...

Opposing views are allowed here in many forms. The view i hold on the Revelation/ Daniel is about a 180 from most here yet i am not called a 'troll' .... Least i hope not Tongue... Some folks are in attack mode  and know to divide is to conquer .

It's not that hard to distinguish from a person who is legitimately debating and one who is simply trying to start fights. Sometimes it's obvious from the first post, and other times it takes a while, but they always expose themselves - name calling - swearing - belittling - changing positions frequently in order to cause derision - and outright liars who pretend to be Christian simply to mock and get their jollies. These are known as Trolls.

Trolls don't automatically get tossed. It's only when they get annoying, promote false teachings, or use foul language. Even then, they are often given a couple of warning before their bridge get blown down.
How much more fair do you want it?

Bronzesnake
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 23, 2005, 03:34:19 PM »

Hi all,

I have only had the chance to post a couple of times here, and so I guess my question should be directed at BEP.

I'm new here, and am a little unaware of all of this "troll" stuff.  But with that aside, it seems as though that is the name you give people who debate good Christian issues within this forum.  I don't mean to be aggresive, but as I read through many different debates, it seems as though you, as the moderator of a debate forum, are decidedly anti-debate.  I have read few, if any instances where you have been supportive of a Christian who has posted a point of view that strays in any degree from your own, which seems to reduce this "debate" into little more than mutual congratulation for you and several like-minded individuals.  Perhaps my interpretation of God's word is flawed, but I've always thought of my faith as one that is open to question, open to the views of others, and most of all driven by love as opposed to fear and hate.  I trully believe that you have the opportunity to do something incredible in God's name here, which is why I beleive I was drwn here in the first place.  I sincerely wish that you and some of your memebers embrace the challenge and the brilliance of debate, as opposed to the apparant current practice of labbeling and worst of all, playing a dangerous game of holier than thou.

cheers,

Thom

Thom,

You will see many full-blown arguments and debates on Christians Unite. My opinion means absolutely nothing unless it involves the forum rules. What you don't see are the deleted posts that violate the forum rules in many ways. You also don't see the warnings that are issued to the users in private when they violate the forum rules. You might or might not see posts that have been modified by a moderator or ADMIN that violates the forum rules.

I don't apologize at all for enforcing the forum rules. In this thread, there were multiple instances of cursing. That has nothing to do with an opinion different than mine - simply cursing that is NOT permitted on Christians Unite. That person has been banned, and it has absolutely nothing to do with his or her opinion. It is very simply that person's defiance of forum rules and ignoring repeated warnings.

You can look all over Christians Unite and see ample evidence that all users are welcome to argue and debate as much as they wish - BUT THEY MUST OBEY THE FORUM RULES! ADMIN does not require his moderators to babysit someone who violates forum rules over and over again while ignoring warnings.

I repeat that my opinion means absolutely nothing, but I will enforce the forum rules. Please feel free to argue and debate all you want with total disregard for the opinions of anyone on this forum. BUT, read and obey the forum rules which are NOT subject to debate or opinion. This is a Christian Family Forum that obviously includes children. The forum rules are pretty plain, simple, and blunt, so we don't worry about explaining violations to the same person over and over again without end. Some violations result in immediate banning, and others result in warnings that we expect to be heeded. Trying to explain why cursing is NOT permitted on a Christian Forum more than twice is beyond reasonable, and the person is banned.

In short, we don't beg a person over and over again to obey the forum rules. If you want to argue and debate, have at it within the forum rules.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Galatians 2:16  Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Shemaya
« Reply #274 on: February 06, 2005, 08:26:12 PM »

President Bush claims to be against Abortion.  Abortion is killing.  But President Bush sends OUR armies into Iraq to kill people. They kill innocent civilians and Iraqi babies.

Why are we Christians not calling for President Bush to stop the killing of Iraqi babies?  Why aren't we calling for the President to stop killing ALL people - born and unborn?

THOU SHALT NOT KILL.
Does he really do that?Huh!!!!!!Oh my gosh I never knew that!!!! Cry Cry
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the