Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:11:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  My Bible
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Bible  (Read 1535 times)
De432

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2003, 11:12:48 PM »

Huh   Who do I ask or where do I go for questions about the bible? This is one of a few odd questions I have, but I will start with this one first and see where it leads. Thanks For Your Help !
sharptee

a vessel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2003, 11:57:24 PM »

De, when I have questions about the Bible I go to either my pastor or a Christian friend whom I respect.  If you have neither then I would pray to the Lord to send someone to you whom you could trust.  I know from experience that God takes special care of those who call upon Him for guidance in the Truth.  When I first became a Christian I was in the Navy, stationed in San Diego  waiting for orders to be shipped out to sea.  It was only a couple days after I became a Christian by reading the book by Hal Lindsey, The Late Great Planet Earth.  One day after work I found some Literature left at my door by the Jehovah Witnesses.  I didn't know anything about that cult, I was just a new born Christian. I read the literature and became excited and quickly got into my car to find them by the address they left on the literature. When I got to the address, a fellow Jehovah witness took down my address and told me to come back tomorrow and they would offically enroll me into the Jehovah Witnesses.  But the Lord was looking out for me because the very next day I received my orders to immediatly be shipped out to sea.  While on the aircraft carrier Enterprise CV-65, I was introduced to a group of Christians and a godly pastor that grounded me in the Scriptures and helped me to know the dangers of the cults.  
I will pray for you De because the Lord takes special care of His children who cry out to Him for knowledge, understanding and discretion into the Truth.    
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 12:03:29 AM »

These forums are a great place to start! Ask away--there are lots of great people in this forum who would be happy to answer your questions for you. Also a faithful, doctrinally sound pastor, or a an experienced friend. Usually asking lots of people is a good idea, because the first answer you get might not be the right one. That's also the advantage of these forums. People can debate right in front of you so you can get all the sides at once. What denomination are you?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the