Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:11:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Bush is a liberal
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bush is a liberal  (Read 3276 times)
Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2004, 08:48:42 PM »

He funds abortion, stem cell research, foreign adventures, etc. It's not to say the Dems are better, because they are worse, it's just that the difference is in degree, not in principle.

On the campaign trail, President Bush professed to be “pro-life”, but with exceptions – he believes abortion to be justified in cases of rape and incest., The New York Times reported, “It was the same tempered language that George W. Bush typically uses to discuss abortion, which he opposes except in cases of rape, incest or risk to a pregnant woman's life.” As Alan Keyes pointed out in the Presidential debates and in various speeches, such pro-life exceptions that allow the innocent to be killed in some circumstances disqualify President Bush from being pro-life at all. If President Bush would justify the killing of one innocent person under his jurisdiction, he is disqualified from being a good person, much less a good leader. Having a rapist for a dad is not a capital crime, and for President Bush to state that innocent children can justly be killed because of the tragic circumstances of their conception reveals that he doesn’t comprehend the basic principle of the inalienable, inviolable, God-given right to life acknowledged in our nation’s founding documents.

http://www.ohiocp.org/whynotbush.php

I think it's a sin to support either candidate.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 10:10:16 PM »

Yep, it's messy no matter how you slice it.

But Bush did answer very well the homosexuality thing - I think, last year, when grilled on it repeatedly.  His reply began with, "We're all sinners...", thus intimating what followed, and that homo'y is a sin, and the only way the opposition responded to that, that I know of, was either to just get mad, or ignore that part of his response altogether.  

I thought he did very well on that.
Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 10:27:45 PM »

Yep, it's messy no matter how you slice it.

I see this just the same.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 04:56:51 AM »

BUSH All The WAy

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 08:44:56 AM »

Another thoughtful post from Brother Love.
Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2004, 09:13:15 AM »

I'm still shocked at how Bush's daughters mocked people who believe sex is only proper between married couples at the RNC. But I guess their speechwritters wanted to show that it's "cool" to be conservative.

I understand at least Jenna Bush spends much of her time wiping vomit off her chin after binging at nightclubs.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2004, 09:30:06 AM »

I'm still shocked at how Bush's daughters mocked people who believe sex is only proper between married couples at the RNC. But I guess their speechwritters wanted to show that it's "cool" to be conservative.

I understand at least Jenna Bush spends much of her time wiping vomit off her chin after binging at nightclubs.

That's funny!!

Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2004, 09:34:52 AM »

Did you listen to their speech at the Republican National Convention? What did you think of their Sex and the City joke?
Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2004, 09:39:41 AM »

It's great to be here. We love Arnold. Isn't he awesome? Thanks to him, if one of us ever decides to marry a Democrat, nobody can complain. Except maybe our Grandmother, Barbara. And, if she didn't like it, we would definitely hear about it. We already know she doesn't like some of our clothes, or music, or most of the TV shows we watch. Ganny, we love you dearly, but you're just not very hip. She thinks Sex in the City is something married people do, but never talk about. ..."

I have a teenaged daughter, and I can't believe she'd say that to my mom.

I guess when you give money to people who work doing stem cell research, traditional child discipline isn't important to you.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2004, 09:46:08 AM »

He funds abortion, stem cell research, foreign adventures, etc. It's not to say the Dems are better, because they are worse, it's just that the difference is in degree, not in principle.

On the campaign trail, President Bush professed to be “pro-life”, but with exceptions – he believes abortion to be justified in cases of rape and incest., The New York Times reported, “It was the same tempered language that George W. Bush typically uses to discuss abortion, which he opposes except in cases of rape, incest or risk to a pregnant woman's life.” As Alan Keyes pointed out in the Presidential debates and in various speeches, such pro-life exceptions that allow the innocent to be killed in some circumstances disqualify President Bush from being pro-life at all. If President Bush would justify the killing of one innocent person under his jurisdiction, he is disqualified from being a good person, much less a good leader. Having a rapist for a dad is not a capital crime, and for President Bush to state that innocent children can justly be killed because of the tragic circumstances of their conception reveals that he doesn’t comprehend the basic principle of the inalienable, inviolable, God-given right to life acknowledged in our nation’s founding documents.

http://www.ohiocp.org/whynotbush.php

I think it's a sin to support either candidate.

"LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE..."

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2004, 09:49:35 AM »

I was just comparing Bush's daughters to Kerry's daughters, who are said to be studious and serious. Could Bush qualify as an Elder in the church that you go to with kid's like his?
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2004, 10:05:21 AM »

I was just comparing Bush's daughters to Kerry's daughters, who are said to be studious and serious. Could Bush qualify as an Elder in the church that you go to with kid's like his?

Nope.  But then he'd have to have been called to be the elder/bishop/pastor role to begin with.  I'm not sure I'd even qualify him to be a deacon.  But let's consider this:

The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task. Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive, for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God's church? He must not be a recent convert, or he may become puffed up with conceit and fall into the condemnation of the devil. Moreover, he must be well thought of by outsiders, so that he may not fall into disgrace, into a snare of the devil.

1 Timothy 3:1-7

Since we're talking about children, answer this question: is Bush keeping his children submissive?  Not is he keeping them right before God.  That is between them and God, and yes, he will answer before God on that point.  My answer is yes.  His children, who obviously don't have the same morality as their father, are doing what?  Supporting him in his views, and campaigning on his behalf.  They are taking their own views and submitting them to their father's views.  THAT[/b] speaks highly in my book.  Do I agree with his apparent philosophy of letting his children do their own thing rather than teaching them, and forcing them to do the right thing?  No.  But then I'm not going to answer to God for how he's raising his kids.  Does he do it right?  Do you?  Have you ever failed in any area of child rearing?  Again, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Could he be an elder?  No. But he's not running for elder is he?

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2004, 10:58:22 AM »

That was a thoughtful post, and I agree with everything except the last sentence. The most powerful man in the world should have at least the qualifications of a deacon.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2004, 12:05:08 PM »

That was a thoughtful post, and I agree with everything except the last sentence. The most powerful man in the world should have at least the qualifications of a deacon.

Thanks!  But I have to disagree.  We aren't dealing with the body of Christ.  We're dealing with the nation, many of whom are not a part of that body.  I would expect the best from him where he a part of my local church, with the understanding that his position doesn't allow him the opportunity of service that it does other men.  And I would contend that I have yet to see any presidential candidate that would qualify.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2004, 12:41:53 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

George W. Bush - A liberal???   Huh   Huh
What a load of nonsense!

I wonder if we have a troll with us.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the