Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:34:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  America 2010
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: America 2010  (Read 1928 times)
sharptee

a vessel

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2003, 03:22:03 PM »

<
Could it be that the peace and the freedoms we enjoy are not going to be with us long? Just some thoughts that I have been having. Let us imagine, if you will bear with me, that you live in a country under a government that has for such a long time been a friend to the church. Its freedoms are unprecedented in the history of nations. Its leaders for the most part have been Christians. But then something happens, a crisis takes place in your country. And this crisis was caused by terrorists assuming the role of a religious organization. And unbeknown to all these religious fanatics find their way into your country. Let us say that it came to the government's attention that this fanatical religious organization is found to be linked to terrorism. And after some horrific terroristic strikes right within the heart of the country your government , after the outcry of its citizens, decided for the safety and welfare of all that only those churches that registered and sanctioned and monitered by the government will be allowed to function, all others must place themselves under the auspicious of the government or discontinue with their religious assembly. And then let us say that many more terroristic strikes occur with terrifying explosions, massive causalties and widespread panic in several major cities. And all this leads the government to hand own some of the most severe legislation ever to make it into the law of the land. Even such legislation as : it is unlawful to assemble for religious purposes unless that assembly has been registered, sanctioned and monitered by the government. Also it is unlawful for any religious organization to install leadership that has not been screened and approved by the government. Violation of these laws will be punishable by a fine or imprisonment or both. Repeat offenders will be dealt with harsher punishments. And let us say that living in this country you have become a Christian and you have come to the place in your Christian life that you believe that the registered churches are not churches that are dedicated in following the Lord Jesus Christ. But you have recently seen some of those who have been arrested and punished for attending the secret assemblies of believers. You have also heard about some Christians that are either still in prison or executed. Now you are alone in your room, just you and God. And the clock on the wall shows that the believers are about to secretly meet again. You fall on your knees trembling all over, "Oh Lord Jesus, I want to obey you, I want to gather with your church, but I am so scared. I am so frightened that what happened to the others will happen to me also". Suddenly the words from the Bible come to you, "God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind". You notice that a inner peace and a new boldness has instantly taken control of you. You leave your room, go down the stairs and out the door. The thought occurs to you that you may not be back. The thought does not frighten you, in fact you even notice that you desire not so much to go back but to be with your brothers and sisters, those who have been bought by the blood of the Lamb.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2003, 02:04:17 AM by sharptee » Logged
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2003, 05:58:58 AM »

Thank you, sharptee....

"As for you, always be steady, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfil your ministry."  II Timothy 4:3,4

We must be ready...

Looking to Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith...
sharptee

a vessel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2003, 02:03:04 AM »

Yes, America is changing - the change is subtle.  But I believe it is going to get to the point that unless the Christian changes, conforms to the culture around them they will become the enemy  and will suffer for their faith.  America 2010?  I don't know when this will happen.  But I do not want to conform, blend in with the culture.  My prayer is that I will continue to speak out for the Lord Jesus Christ with love, not with a martyr complex, fearing the government behind every bush.  But I do so much want to be bold with the love of Christ, so that when the persecution begins (And I sincerely believe it will) I will be accept it with the same attitude as the Apostles> "And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name".        
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2003, 04:50:58 AM »

"I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves will arise men speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them."  Acts 20:29-30

Thank you, sharptee, John.

But I don't think the change is subtle anymore.  Yesterday's U.S. Supreme Court desciz re: gays, in privacy--to me a sort of "watershed".

Maybe it will take 'til 2010.  But I think your explanation of how we willl become the enemy says it very well.  The elements are mostly in place for it to begin.

That Court deciz just  eclipsed all or any state sodomy laws, as I understand it.  The next obstacle will be gay marriage licenses.

And everyone I suppose thinks it will "stop" there.

(hehe)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2003, 01:19:29 PM »

Paul, the apostle of grace, made it clear that no one can tell how long the dispensation of grace will last, but he did declare that this age would close with the coming of our Lord for His own.

"For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

"Wherefore comfort one another with these words" (I Thes. 4: 16-18).

In the next chapter, we have the prediction of the pouring
out of God's wrath on the world but the believer in Christ
will escape this.   Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2003, 05:37:47 AM »

Paul, the apostle of grace, made it clear that no one can tell how long the dispensation of grace will last, but he did declare that this age would close with the coming of our Lord for His own.

"For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

"Wherefore comfort one another with these words" (I Thes. 4: 16-18).

In the next chapter, we have the prediction of the pouring
out of God's wrath on the world but the believer in Christ
will escape this.   Grin

YES!!!!

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2003, 09:56:27 PM »

Sharptee,

Your message is on target!( the date could vary a year or two though)

What's  so sad to see ,is the naive "escapism mentality" of many American Christians.

Millions of Christians worldwide have died this past century for the sake of the Gospel. Were they "raptured" before the tribulation? No, they received a better reward; the crown of life.

Will American Christians escape the tribulation and persecution that lies ahead? I don't believe so. It is through persecution that the "sheep and the goats" will be separated. Those who have a true and abiding faith will stand in the face of adversity.

Psalm 119
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the