Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:02:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Left-wing Bigotry
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Left-wing Bigotry  (Read 10480 times)
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2004, 11:48:48 AM »

There are several possibilities to fix the out-of-control mindset of activism.

One is that through the Congress, it is possible to pass a law that specifically prohibits the judiciary from hearing any case involving it. It has never (to my knowledge) been done, but the legal grounds for it do exist.

Second, although members of the Federal judiciary are appointed for life, there is a mechanism for their impeachment. It begins with the populace raising such a hue and cry about a specific judge with the congressional judiciary panel that the panel itself is forced to investigate and bring cause for a hearing for impeachment.

In the history of the US, 13 judges have been impeached and brought to trial, and 7 were removed from the bench after conviction.

The Constitution guarantees judges their position only "for the duration of good conduct", and also declares that they cannot ignore the standard of "protecting the fundamental principle of the consent of the governed", or "we the people."

You can read more about this  principle here.

As noted, the rule of impeachment has been used whenever judges ignored public interest, affronted the will of the people, or arbitrarily exercised power by becoming a policy-maker.

59 million plus citizens have declared their stand based primarily on moral issues: marriage, abortion, and faith. Now it is time to energize those same 59 million into a force that the congress cannot ignore, and force them to do "the will of the people," instead of kow-towing to the perverse desires and mutterings of a decadent minority.

He who barks loudest and longest will wake the neighborhood.

[size=10]WOOF![/size]

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2004, 12:12:00 PM »

Evangelist Said:

59 million plus citizens have declared their stand based primarily on moral issues: marriage, abortion, and faith. Now it is time to energize those same 59 million into a force that the congress cannot ignore, and force them to do "the will of the people," instead of kow-towing to the perverse desires and mutterings of a decadent minority.

He who barks loudest and longest will wake the neighborhood.

WOOF!

AMEN BROTHER!!!

Here's another:

WOOF!

Bronzesnake
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2004, 01:09:47 PM »

« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 01:12:31 PM by Bronzesnake » Logged
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2004, 01:44:47 PM »

[size=16]WOOF WOOF[/size]
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 01:46:21 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
thomas2004

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2004, 02:03:20 PM »

Broonzesnake,

I'm just curious as to why you feel that we need to appologize fo recent policies of multiculturalism?  I personnaly feel that the presence of other cultures and ideas enriches my life in many positive ways.  For example, while I do not follow the teachings of buddist monks, Jewish rabi's or Hindu spiritual leaders, I've always found theological discussion with these sorts of people fascinating.  Besides, the openess and religious tolerance upon which Canada and the U.S. was predicated is the very characteristc that seperates us from many other global regions.  If we were to allow religious doctrine to become the basis for policy, particularily in the realm of human rights, we would quickly become quite similar to the fundamentalist islamic states that we so abhor.  I'm all for the adhearance to staunch religious morals if that is your cup of tea, but I'm also for the fundamental separation of church and state.  I don't want to wake up in the morning to find myself in any sort of theocracy, Christian, Islamic, Hindu or otherwise.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2004, 08:14:28 PM »

Broonzesnake,

I'm just curious as to why you feel that we need to appologize fo recent policies of multiculturalism?  I personnaly feel that the presence of other cultures and ideas enriches my life in many positive ways.  For example, while I do not follow the teachings of buddist monks, Jewish rabi's or Hindu spiritual leaders, I've always found theological discussion with these sorts of people fascinating.  Besides, the openess and religious tolerance upon which Canada and the U.S. was predicated is the very characteristc that seperates us from many other global regions.  If we were to allow religious doctrine to become the basis for policy, particularily in the realm of human rights, we would quickly become quite similar to the fundamentalist islamic states that we so abhor.  I'm all for the adhearance to staunch religious morals if that is your cup of tea, but I'm also for the fundamental separation of church and state.  I don't want to wake up in the morning to find myself in any sort of theocracy, Christian, Islamic, Hindu or otherwise.

Very crafty my friend - That's the same kind of sly trickery that satan used to convince Adam and Eve that they would surely not die if they disobeyed God Almighty.

Study those other "religions" Thomas then show me any prophecies which have come to pass - show me any personage who claims to be God - direct me to any archaeological corroboration - point me to the historical corroboration - have any of the major "religious" figure-Heads made any claims close to  "I am the way, the Truth, and the light. No one comes to the Father but by me".

You claim to be a Christian and yet you you chose to supplant God's will and authority for man's - you won't be standing before any men when this thing winds to it's conclusion my friend, you will kneel before the Great and Terrifying God Almighty. When He begins to judge you, I wonder, will you demand that He refrains from using nasty words such as "evil" and Jesus Christ?

You don't take the Bible literally, and I tell you this - God will not take you literally either.

Jesus literally was born of a virgin

Jesus literally was born in Bethlehem

Jesus literally cured the blind

Jesus literally cured the deaf

Jesus literally made the lame walk

Jesus literally turned water into wine

Jesus literally raised the dead.

Jesus literally was innocent and falsely accused

Jesus literally was humiliated and beaten

Jesus literally was crucified

Jesus literally rose from the dead.

Jesus literally was seen after the crucifixion by many people including over 500 at one time

Jesus literally ascended into Heaven on a cloud and literally sits at the right hand of the Father.

Jesus will literally rapture His church before the Tribulation

Jesus will literally return with His church to put an end to EVIL
and to judge the living and the dead - all those people who belong to the religions you mentioned with the exception of the Jews will literally die in their sins unless they accept Jesus, literally! His Kingdom will last for ever and ever, literally!

Christianity is not a democracy Thomas, it's a Monarchy, and Jesus literally is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.

Is Jesus the Lord of your life Thomas? or is that too restrictive for your lifestyle choices?

Bronzesnake.
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2004, 04:10:43 AM »

I'm all for the adhearance to staunch religious morals if that is your cup of tea, but I'm also for the fundamental separation of church and state.  I don't want to wake up in the morning to find myself in any sort of theocracy, Christian, Islamic, Hindu or otherwise.

I think it's more of a fundamental separation of state from church in that the state can not dictate your religion.

I'm not for the banning of other religions nor do I want the Government to become a theocracy.  In this I agree with you.  However all of our laws are based in large part to morality.  More and more I am seeing people fight for the criminals and forget the victims and seeing people call good evil and evil good.  This is troubling.  Eventually those things that we know to be good and moral will become against the law.  We hear freedom of speech though now quoting certain parts of scriputre in public (in Canada ) is now hate speech.  I suppose that means there is a little less freedom of Christianty then.  I see this same trend trying to come to the US as well.

We've had an athiest father claim it unfair for his daughter to say "under God" in the pledge of alligiance yet his daughter is a church going Christian.  This is a problem and I voted for a officials I thought would do things more in accordance with the LORD and what is right than one for the vocal minority.  It saddens me that PA is a democratic state.   Sad  Maybe we'll wake up one day.

It's funny though that people contest the Bush will make a theocracy (regardless of the fact he's only got 4 more years and he's done for good) yet the Repulican party is less government and the Democratic party is more government.

I biggest beef with democrats is that they show from their policies and stances that people are too stupid to do things on their own and they govn't needs to do it for them, all the while claiming to give people choice.  Talk about putting a spin on things.

thomas2004

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2004, 09:51:07 AM »

Saved 4ever

While we may not see eye to eye, thank you for your well thought out and civil reply.  It was quite refreshing to see someone willing to debate certain issues without resorting to personal attacks.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2004, 10:40:41 AM »

Saved 4ever

While we may not see eye to eye, thank you for your well thought out and civil reply.  It was quite refreshing to see someone willing to debate certain issues without resorting to personal attacks.

You know, Thomas, I've searched through some posts and I don't see any personal attacks against you.

Bronzesnake
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2004, 02:44:34 PM »

Bronzesnake,

thomas2004 may be thinking of many of his posts that were deleted and multiple warnings from both moderators. The posts that finally got him banned contained obscene material.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Bronzesnake
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2004, 02:51:11 PM »

Bronzesnake,

thomas2004 may be thinking of many of his posts that were deleted and multiple warnings from both moderators. The posts that finally got him banned contained obscene material.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Another one bites the dust!  Cheesy

Bronzesnake
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the