Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:49:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Left-wing Bigotry
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Left-wing Bigotry  (Read 10476 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2004, 01:39:15 PM »

Symphony,

Received in email - I haven't checked for accuracy.

IRAQ - VERY INTERESTING - DID YOU KNOW?

1. The garden of Eden was in Iraq.

2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!

3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.

4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.

5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq!

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq.

7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.

8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.

9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel.

10. Amos cried out in Iraq!

11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.

12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq!

13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had
been in Iraq also as the fourth person in the fiery furnace!)

14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq.

15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.

16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq.

17. The wise men were from Iraq.

18. Peter preached in Iraq.

19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon, which was a city in Iraq!

thomas2004

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2004, 10:06:48 PM »

People who claim that others, such as family planning advocates are somehow the spawn of satan do the rest of the christian community such a grave diservice.  I don't mean to suggest that we have to become politicaly correct, but we do have to seriously discourage those on the frightening extreme-right fringe.  We have serious moral questions to ask, and they need serious answers.  Blaming satan for the woes of the world (If we are now calling rational and planned parenthood for today's youth a woe) is simply ludicrous and infantile.  It takes very little intellectual prowess to hide behind the dogma of our past, and as a result, that sort of problem solving tactic isn't going to solve much.  Its high time we put this troubling sort of hateful rehtoric behind us, and start to think about ways we as christians can continue to do god's work in todays new global reality.  
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2004, 02:47:30 AM »

People who claim that others, such as family planning advocates are somehow the spawn of satan do the rest of the christian community such a grave diservice.  I don't mean to suggest that we have to become politicaly correct, but we do have to seriously discourage those on the frightening extreme-right fringe.  We have serious moral questions to ask, and they need serious answers.  Blaming satan for the woes of the world (If we are now calling rational and planned parenthood for today's youth a woe) is simply ludicrous and infantile.  It takes very little intellectual prowess to hide behind the dogma of our past, and as a result, that sort of problem solving tactic isn't going to solve much.  Its high time we put this troubling sort of hateful rehtoric behind us, and start to think about ways we as christians can continue to do god's work in todays new global reality.  

Thomas2004,

Maybe you're not informed about what Planned Parenthood is doing in our schools with our children. If you are informed, we can agree to disagree. Planned Parenthood has successfully fought to get the dirty details of alternative lifestyles into the 3rd grade curriculum of many school systems. My children are raised, but that won't be done in the school system of my city without a fight. Call it what you will, but I call it evil and most Christians agree. That has no place in public schools at all. I'm not at all concerned with those who disagree. Further, I would strongly question whether that person was a Christian or not.

Tom

thomas2004

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2004, 10:36:18 AM »

BEP,

On this issue, i think you are right in that we may have to agree to disagree, however, I think that your line of argumentation sort of speaks to my point.  Throwing around terms like "evil" ensures that your point will be taken more as hyperbole than fact.  Furthermore, by questioning someone's depth of faith, you put yourself in a dangerous holier than thou predicament.  By making statements that are more likely to offend than convince, very few aspects of the christian agenda can be accomplished.  That is what I was trying to get across. My post was more a comment on the style of argumentation occasionally used herein.  Thanks for your reply.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2004, 04:17:32 PM »

Thomas2004,

Christians who stand up for good and against evil could care less about worldly approval. It's really just as simple as that. If you think that 3rd graders should be taught that garbage by Planned Parenthood, most Christians will oppose you, including me.

Isaiah 5:20  Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

thomas2004

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2004, 04:47:02 PM »

To suggest that I think 7 year olds should be getting sex-ed in schools is a gross misrepresentation.  I thought my point was quite clear, but I will try again to make it so.  There are things in this world that you and I both see as wrong for various reasons.  While you insist on calling them evil and simply leaving it at that, I am trying to find perhaps some more rational and approchable lines of argumentation.  I'm sure you will agree that your community's schools would be better off if the Planned Parenting group were not permitted to discuss certain issues.  Therefore, while you may feel justified in saying "abomination, end of story", you're not going to accomplish anything by doing so. (ie you're not going to convince anyone that you're right)  While you seem to have some strong beleifs, and I aplaud your zeal, you don't seem to be very result oriented.  In fact, at times many people here remind me of children with their eyes closed and their fingers stuffed into their ears.  Its safe, its comfortable, and best of all, you don't have to listen to anybody.  But as long as you're keeping satan at bay by doing so, I guess you'll be okay.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2004, 05:13:32 PM »

To suggest that I think 7 year olds should be getting sex-ed in schools is a gross misrepresentation.  I thought my point was quite clear, but I will try again to make it so.  There are things in this world that you and I both see as wrong for various reasons.  While you insist on calling them evil and simply leaving it at that, I am trying to find perhaps some more rational and approchable lines of argumentation.  I'm sure you will agree that your community's schools would be better off if the Planned Parenting group were not permitted to discuss certain issues.  Therefore, while you may feel justified in saying "abomination, end of story", you're not going to accomplish anything by doing so. (ie you're not going to convince anyone that you're right)  While you seem to have some strong beleifs, and I aplaud your zeal, you don't seem to be very result oriented.  In fact, at times many people here remind me of children with their eyes closed and their fingers stuffed into their ears.  Its safe, its comfortable, and best of all, you don't have to listen to anybody.  But as long as you're keeping satan at bay by doing so, I guess you'll be okay.

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2004, 05:54:29 PM »

While you insist on calling them evil and simply leaving it at that, I am trying to find perhaps some more rational and approchable lines of argumentation.

rational, huh?

approachable, huh??

Some things can only be described or approached as evil.
"eschew evil, that it may go right with you in the day of reckoning..."

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
darwinatridge

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2004, 12:57:39 AM »

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words. In this case a picture can only begin to describe the condition of a person's heart that can and does commit such atrocities. There is no justification for those that do these things. None at all. There is salvation for those that repent from their actions but it is a choice that must be made by them. Those that go into hell for these acts have chosen to do so of their own free will. They may have done so by buying into Satan's lies but it was their choice.
thomas2004

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2004, 01:32:34 PM »

Evangalist,

I'm glad you chose to retort by showing gruesome pictures on a discussion forum used by children as well as adults.  While you may find it appropriate to frighten your children with such images, I find it quite boerish.  The fact that you chose that style of argument makes me beleive that you must have misinterpreted my post.  At no time did I say that abortion was approachable.  I did however, suggest that more approachable arguments must be forwarded by the staunch Christian community, in order to make headway in the fight against such procedures.  The wording here may be subtle, but these two points are miles apart.  In the end though, Roe V. Wade has been held up by numerous republican administrations and as such, an all out ban is highly unlikely.  I beleive it to be high time you focus your energy on finding ways of legislating some abortion control measures, as opposed to criminalizing it.  I do not beleive that in a nation now consisting of millions who do not see abortion as a cardinal sin, a womans right to chose will ever again be suplanted by religious doctrine, thank God.

Terms of God Capitalized
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 04:39:00 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2004, 04:35:56 PM »

thomas2004,

Are you a Christian?

Regardless, God and other terms of respect are capitalized. I don't think that you are illiterate, but maybe someone forgot to teach you this. The names of God will be capitalized here.

Bronzesnake
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2004, 08:30:47 PM »

Thomas...
Please read through these few verses, then I will make my point.

Psalms 97:10 - You who love the Lord, hate evil!

1 John 2:15-17 - Do not love the world or the things of the world, including lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, pride of life. If we love these things, the love of the Father is not in us! Again, if we love God, we are forbidden to love the things which oppose Him. In fact it is impossible to love both God and evil.

Matthew 6:24 - You cannot have two masters. You love one and despise the other.

Romans 12:9 - Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Note that proper love requires us to abhor evil

Psalm 36:1-4 - One of the characteristics for which God rebukes wicked people is that they fail to abhor evil. Instead, they devise evil and think their evil will not be discovered and hated. It is not wrong for us to hate evil. The people who are wrong are the ones who do not hate evil and who criticize us because we do hate it!

1 Kings 22:8 - The prophet Micaiah prophesied evil against Ahab, so Ahab hated him. Was the prophet wrong? No, God had sent him. The problem was that the king did not like to be told he was wrong!

Perhaps we should remove all words from the Bible which might offend the secular world also. You know - ugly words, such as "evil" "Jesus" and "satan"

Seems to me that, for a person who claims to be Christian, you spend most of your time chastising Christians for using Christian language and Bible based theologies in favor of secular sensibilities. You come across as a secular apologist.
Can you not understand that our arguments are based on Biblical doctrine, and that we are commanded, as Christians to proclaim God's Word?

Christians shouldn't use words or ideas from the Bible in your mind, because non Christians won't take us seriously. Take that to it's logical conclusion...Perhaps we shouldn't use the name of Jesus either - that would surely upset secular sensibilities. Abortion doesn't bother such people, but words like "evil" and "Jesus" are not tolerated. Abortion is a "reasonable alternative" to actually having to carry a child to term, and having to go through all that messy delivery stuff. However, Christians had better not dare say prayers in class! and it's intolerable for the Ten Commandments to be publicly viewed! heck, imagine the chaos if children were taught Christian values?!!! what would we do if criminals actually read and took the Ten Commandments to heart, and turned their lives around! we'd have to fire a whole pile of judges and brilliant legal minds! that is not acceptable!

No my friend! I will never pander to fools such as that!
It's amazing that Christians are being held in contempt for fighting from a moral high ground based on God's Word - how dare you presume to supplant God's authority in favor of the sensibilities of Godless narcissistic autocrats! Do you actually believe such people can be "nicely talked" out of their self serving lifestyles? Get real - Get God - or get going!

Bronzesnake
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 08:37:26 PM by Bronzesnake » Logged
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2004, 08:49:48 PM »

No they don't. But the conservatives are not going around promoting the killing of unborn babies, are they! Huh
They are in control of the house and the presidency and uphold the law that allows abortion. They do nothing to repeal a law that came into being under a so called conservative president, Mr Nixon, and His conservative appointed supreme court justices.

Support your local Christian.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2004, 09:13:52 PM »

No they don't. But the conservatives are not going around promoting the killing of unborn babies, are they! Huh
They are in control of the house and the presidency and uphold the law that allows abortion. They do nothing to repeal a law that came into being under a so called conservative president, Mr Nixon, and His conservative appointed supreme court justices.

Brother Ollie,

That is simply not true. This administration has done more to end abortion than all other administrations combined, and they did win a few battles. I think that I mentioned more specifics in another thread, but you can easily get the specifics for yourself. The Bush Administration has worked diligently to end abortion. If Kerry is elected, he will try to protect abortion forever. Those are just the plain and simple facts. Kerry even promised to use a litmus test for appointed Judges. If they were against abortion, Kerry would not appoint them. There really isn't any gray or anything uncertain here at all. Kerry is pro-abortion, and Bush is anti-abortion.

Love In Christ,
Tom

darwinatridge

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2004, 04:14:49 AM »

I find it quite boerish.  
Terms of God Capitalized

Am I to assume here that you find that God thinks that every time there is a abortion performed that takes the life of one of His precious little ones that it is boring to him. What kind of a statement is that? I don't speak for God because He is surely able to speak for Himself.  But I'm afraid that I myself find that kind of statement offensive. There has been an attempt in this nation over the last few years to silence Christians for speaking out against such evils. The hypocrites that don't mind promoting their perverse trash seem to have a problem when they see something like these pictures. The images that you see are nothing compared to the images that God has seen. These atrocities are still taking place every day. Planned Parenthood is one of the most bigoted organizations that Satan has ever used. You may think that these pictures are boerish but they are real. Hitler did not think that anything that exposed his agenda was at all boerish. In fact, he sot to exterminate anyone that stood against his agenda. He sot to destroy any evidence that exposed what he was doing. This included getting rid of the bible. Many none Christians are up in arms when there is any hint of removing books that they feel they should be allowed to read. They scream as loud as they can. If people are upset about these pictures, that is not going to make this problem go away. Jesus said that the darkness will be brought out into the light. If seeing these pictures causes someone to repent then, PRAISE GOD. That is what truth is all about, getting people to repent and turn to God. Closing your eyes to the truth does not save anyone.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2004, 04:16:15 AM by darwinatridge » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the