Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:00:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Rational For Iraq War
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rational For Iraq War  (Read 4097 times)
Pastor Roger
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2004, 11:52:37 PM »

Tim Vaughan

Now tell me what we as Americans are obligated to do about him.

There is a moral obligation as an American and as a Christian to do all that we can to prevent and stop evil.

Do you remember the story of the Good Samaritan? If not:

Luk 10:33  But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
Luk 10:34  And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
Luk 10:35  And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.
Luk 10:36  Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?
Luk 10:37  And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

Jesus tells us here that it is our obligation to take care of our neighbors. Not
We should have kept our noses out of other people's business,
and let them die.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2004, 01:05:12 AM »

Jesus tells us here that it is our obligation to take care of our neighbors. Not
We should have kept our noses out of other people's business,
and let them die.

AMEN Pastor!!

Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2004, 05:08:55 AM »

There is a moral obligation as an American and as a Christian to do all that we can to prevent and stop evil.

So what do you think we should do about Zimbabwe, Usbekastan, China etc..?

You are being totally inconsistant. Neither of you would have been for this war if you hadn't been manipulated into supporting it. If the good Samaritan applies to Iraq, then it applies to Kuwait and North Korea.
Kalthzar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2004, 07:58:50 AM »

Yay lets get nuked.... Cheesy

Not. I think that you'd find that as the worlds only superpower america is still not powerful enough to deal with all of them, and once they realise that your going to sort them out your going to get an equally powerfull collbaeration of dictators possibly....

"Men speak of killing time when time slowly killing them"
"We make war that we may live in peace"
"Practical politics consists in ignoring the facts"
"Everyone's quick to blame the Alien"
"Multiplication vexes me, Division is as bad, The ru
Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2004, 11:11:07 AM »

Not. I think that you'd find that as the worlds only superpower america is still not powerful enough to deal with all of them,

If we are Biblically required to help the people in Iraq free themselves from bad dictators, we are sinning by not removing the North Korean, etc.. dictators.

The example of the good Samaritan to justify invading Iraq is either totally worthless, or has to be taken as a requirement to invade these other countries.

Anyone of even an average intelligence can see this, which is why I use the phrase "Brainwashing".

It is particularly ironic that those murdered, tortured, robbed of everthing in Zimbabwe were White Protestants like many or perhaps most of the people who say the Bible obligates us to help those being oppressed by dictators. But they never say anything at all about helping their own kind. That is because nobody has manipulated them into working up a righteous anger about Zimbabwe.
Pastor Roger
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2004, 12:13:36 PM »

Not. I think that you'd find that as the worlds only superpower america is still not powerful enough to deal with all of them,

If we are Biblically required to help the people in Iraq free themselves from bad dictators, we are sinning by not removing the North Korean, etc.. dictators.

The example of the good Samaritan to justify invading Iraq is either totally worthless, or has to be taken as a requirement to invade these other countries.

Anyone of even an average intelligence can see this, which is why I use the phrase "Brainwashing".

It is particularly ironic that those murdered, tortured, robbed of everthing in Zimbabwe were White Protestants like many or perhaps most of the people who say the Bible obligates us to help those being oppressed by dictators. But they never say anything at all about helping their own kind. That is because nobody has manipulated them into working up a righteous anger about Zimbabwe.

It took us almost 10 years to do something about Iraq and then only because it was thought by all involved that they were a threat to the U.S. (by all involved I mean kerry, bush and most members of Congress)

As for Zimbabwe and the other situations you have mentioned plus a few that you haven't, I am righteously angered that nothing has been done and I have voiced my opinion on that appropriately with the proper people.

As for the "their own kind" comment, I find that appalling. All mankind is our "own kind", yes, even those with "brainwashed" ideologies or warped conspiracy theories. I shed tears for the dying, the maimed, those lost to Christ, on a daily basis even if they are the "enemy".

May God bless you.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2004, 05:32:03 PM »

So what do you think we should do about Zimbabwe, Usbekastan, China etc..?

You are being totally inconsistant. Neither of you would have been for this war if you hadn't been manipulated into supporting it. If the good Samaritan applies to Iraq, then it applies to Kuwait and North Korea.

Hmmm....This tells me all I need to know.

Your intent is not to understand or see a point of view, but to rant.  So I say, just get your rant on, because nothing I nor anyone else says will matter really matter.

My opionion....We did the right thing by going into Iraq....Yours....I have been manipulated into accepting the war.   Not sure what grounds you have for telling me what I believe, but I can live with your opinion as easily as I live with my own.  Can you?

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2004, 05:40:44 PM »

As for Zimbabwe and the other situations you have mentioned plus a few that you haven't, I am righteously angered that nothing has been done and I have voiced my opinion on that appropriately with the proper people.

Roger, you are a consitant man, and I must appologize for saying you aren't. I radically disagree with your basic premise, and see your thinking on this issue as very dangerous to this Republic, but I admire your consistancy.

Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2004, 05:44:29 PM »

My opionion....We did the right thing by going into Iraq....Yours....I have been manipulated into accepting the war.  Not sure what grounds you have for telling me what I believe, but I can live with your opinion as easily as I live with my own.  Can you?

Yes, since my view are based in traditional American conservative ideals.

I would resist getting into a war with Syria, NK, Zim, Belarus, etc..I think that if the neocons whipped up emotion against Iran, Syria, or any other small and relatively helpless country you would have been just as enthusiastic to invade those countries. I firmly believe that the fact that Christians had it better under the Ba'athist regime in Iraq than in North Korea wouldn't have influenced you at all.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the