Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:04:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Dragons Are Not Extinct
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dragons Are Not Extinct  (Read 4611 times)
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2004, 03:16:20 PM »

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Alnilam

ATM

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2004, 03:55:53 PM »

Nice graphic Evangelist !  May I have mine medium-rare ?   Smiley

Peace

Alnilam
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2004, 05:20:16 PM »

Dragons taste like chicken Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Yoyostick

L.E.A.H. and the Trashmobile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2004, 06:13:41 PM »

I had a feeling it was something like that.

Well, I have actually done a bit of research on the Loch Ness monster, and I can throw in some interesting facts. But first, about "solar" research. Could it be that the article means "sonar" research? It would make more sense. Serious studies with sonar have been done in Loch Ness solely for discovering the monster, and actually have turned up many interesting things. A boat towing sonar equipment through the Loch detected a something moving that was longer than the boat. Very interesting, if you ask me.

Anyway, this book I read goes into a scientific study of all of the sightings. Basically, it proves that there have been too many sightings of similar creatures for them all to just be coincidences. As for hoaxes, there have been a few, but they have been discovered quickly and rebutted. Furthermore, many sightings would be so impossible to prove that you would have to be and idiot to make them up and expect somebody to believe you. If you wanted to have a hoax, you wouldn't have merely one witness (you) and no physical proof to back it up. In fact, in the 1930s if you had said you had seen the Loch Ness Monster you would have been laughed out of town. Therefore it only makes sense that the sightings reported back then are legitimate, or else the sighters are just masochists!

Anyway, as you can tell, I do believe there is something BIG in Loch Ness. Obviously the discussion of what it is is up for debate. Of course the most common identification is Plesiasouras (sp?). I happen to disagree with this idea. There is a lot of evidence for it, but there is also a lot of evidence against it. Among the other options are a giant eel, a sea worm, or an unknown amphibian. Each of these options has evidence supporting it and disproving it. The most believable of all of these options is actually the undiscovered amphibian.

Moving along, let's just say it is a sea dinosaur. This hardly disproves evolution. The idea of dinosaurs living today is not taboo to an evolutionist. In fact, evolutionists think dinosaurs do live today. What are these dinosaurs? Birds. Sad, I know, but it proves my point. There is no reason in the evolutionary theory why a family of sea dinosaurs can't live for millions of years longer than the rest of their unfortunate kind.

Well, I'm done. I couldn't help saying something. Tongue

Jesus is Life!
"For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting LIFE." -John 3:16
Sulfurdolphin

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2004, 06:32:15 PM »

the site is not so much focused on Nessie but for all dragons and throughout history that were killed or seen by Knights and common people. They do show great wealth of pictures and a Plesiaouras that was caught even though it was already dead it still had it's flesh still on it's body. They show pictures of that and many others. they have a good website about the Chinese and dragons.

Michael
Yoyostick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2004, 06:58:07 PM »

the site is not so much focused on Nessie but for all dragons and throughout history that were killed or seen by Knights and common people. They do show great wealth of pictures and a Plesiaouras that was caught even though it was already dead it still had it's flesh still on it's body. They show pictures of that and many others. they have a good website about the Chinese and dragons.

Michael

Ouch. About that Plesiosaur. If it's the picture I think it is, it has been proven that it is actually the carcass of a Basking Shark (Cetorhinus maximus). There have been Basking Sharks that have died and they looked exactly like Plesiosaurs. In fact, in an issue of Creation magazine (from Answers In Genesis) that picture is listed as an argument that shouldn't be used since it is very very shaky. Undecided

BTW, just to make myself clear, I am a die-hard Creationist and I have no doubt that dragons really did live. I'm just trying to be reasonable about it.

Jesus is Life!
"For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting LIFE." -John 3:16
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2004, 07:24:40 AM »

K, the dragon wins!  Lips Sealed

*hands over cheeseburger*

Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2004, 11:40:01 AM »

My daughter has a dragon

http://www.pbase.com/beekeeper/image/32552626
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2004, 02:58:16 PM »

K-Mart has a sale on Dragon Food, buy 2 get 1 free Grin

<Smiley))><
Yoyostick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2004, 09:42:13 PM »

What in the world are you guys talking about?

Jesus is Life!
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2004, 06:03:30 PM »

Michael

Ouch. About that Plesiosaur. If it's the picture I think it is, it has been proven that it is actually the carcass of a Basking Shark (Cetorhinus maximus). There have been Basking Sharks that have died and they looked exactly like Plesiosaurs. In fact, in an issue of Creation magazine (from Answers In Genesis) that picture is listed as an argument that shouldn't be used since it is very very shaky. Undecided

BTW, just to make myself clear, I am a die-hard Creationist and I have no doubt that dragons really did live. I'm just trying to be reasonable about it.
I was about to mention that...I actually had several recent Creation magazines spread out on the table, looking for the article, when I saw this post...if I remember right, the neck-like part of the carcass could actually be the shark's tail, which rots quicker than the rest of the body.

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2004, 06:08:44 PM »

What in the world are you guys talking about?

Your guess is as good as ours!

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2004, 02:12:24 AM »

That's not a dragon. That's the cousin to my guanie boy lizard.  If your's is anything like mine, he is a dog in a lizard suit.

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2004, 04:43:04 AM »

Dragons only eat FISH on Fridays Smiley

<Smiley))><
Yoyostick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2004, 06:18:06 PM »

Man alive! Can't you guys communicate in some other way than pictures?? Maybe then I might understand what you're talking about! Tongue

Jesus is Life!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the