Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:48:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is the life of Acts gone?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is the life of Acts gone?  (Read 3084 times)
truthlover

Behold how good and pleasant...

View Profile WWW
« on: June 20, 2003, 12:18:40 AM »

What a wonderful thing!  Everyone likes to talk about it.  The life of the church in Jerusalem.  Great grace was upon them.  They praised God daily, and lived with a daily sense of awe.  No one said anything was his own.

David said it right, "Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to live together in unity."  All Christians agree how good and pleasant it is.

As long as all they have to do is say it, that is.

Where are those who exhort one another daily, while it is called today?  Where are those who actually believe it is good and pleasant for brothers to live together in unity, and so they do it?  Where are those who are so close with their brothers and sisters that they say nothing is their own and share everything?  Where are those who live under great grace with a daily sense of awe?

I see individuals.  I see a "superstar" Christian here or there who goes into the inner city and lives together with underprivileged people in order to help them.

I see the occasional--so occasional it's rare--group of Christians who live together under a legislated sharing.  If people stay in such communities, it is because that is legislated, too, with a long period as a probationary member or a "novitiate."  Otherwise, the community doesn't even stay together, its members moving on as they see fit.

Where is the love of Acts that bound the saints together as one, inseparable, longing to be together, caring nothing of possessions.  The average person would be hard-pressed to find it.

What a horrifying thing it would be if that life, that wonderful life that filled the onlookers with fear and respect for the power of God, were no longer in God's heart.  I don't believe it's out of his heart.  I believe the problem lies elsewhere, with obedience on earth.

Behold!  How good and pleasant it is for brothers to live together!  ~King David of Israel
ollie
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2003, 09:45:28 PM »

Pray that the life and attitudes of first century Christians as illustrated in Acts will always be seen in Christians or else they will not be true.

What a wonderful thing!  Everyone likes to talk about it.  The life of the church in Jerusalem.  Great grace was upon them.  They praised God daily, and lived with a daily sense of awe.  No one said anything was his own.

David said it right, "Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to live together in unity."  All Christians agree how good and pleasant it is.

Don't pay them any mind, show them you know the way of God and I am sure you will find hearts that are prickable by the sword of the Spirit and unity will be come part of your daily life and living as the Lord would have us.

Where are those who exhort one another daily, while it is called today?
You are doing it today while it is still being called today and I thank you. Being encouraged and asked to do what God expects of us is something we all need. Discouragement can come very easy in this mean world we live on and in.

Where are those who actually believe it is good and pleasant for brothers to live together in unity, and so they do it?  Where are those who are so close with their brothers and sisters that they say nothing is their own and share everything?
They had all things common. Does that translate as spiritual things common or material things common? I know that those that have overabundance are to share with those that do not have enough abundance to sustain.

Where are those who live under great grace with a daily sense of awe?
They are. I am sure you are or like the rest of us are trying.

I see individuals.  I see a "superstar" Christian here or there who goes into the inner city and lives together with underprivileged people in order to help them.
A true Christian will go about the works of God usually with little fanfare or applause.

I see the occasional--so occasional it's rare--group of Christians who live together under a legislated sharing.  If people stay in such communities, it is because that is legislated, too, with a long period as a probationary member or a "novitiate."  Otherwise, the community doesn't even stay together, its members moving on as they see fit.
Huh

Where is the love of Acts that bound the saints together as one, inseparable, longing to be together, caring nothing of possessions.  The average person would be hard-pressed to find it.
It lies within your heart. It must be waiting to burst forth and wants so much to come forth from the way you are talking.
Let it come and show the world how the first century saints were and how twenty first century saints should be. How all saints in Christ should be forever.

What a horrifying thing it would be if that life, that wonderful life that filled the onlookers with fear and respect for the power of God, were no longer in God's heart.  I don't believe it's out of his heart.  I believe the problem lies elsewhere, with obedience on earth.
All one can do himself is rule his own kingdom, the inner man,
and act accordingly with Christ as his King and Christ's doctrine to be the law used in that kingdom.

In Christ's love,
Ollie
« Last Edit: June 22, 2003, 09:58:46 PM by ollie » Logged
geralduk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2003, 01:32:18 PM »

The LIFE is not there because what many call "this" is NOT "THAT" which was spoken of by the prophets.
For MANY deny the PROMISE nor SEEK ITS FULLFILLMENT in thier lives.
Thinking that all they need are the "lamps lit"but not thier vessesl filled.
But if the church is to be ready to meet the Lord in the air it HAS to have "that" WHICH WAS PROMISED/
For can it be thought that the LAST church can be LESS than the FIRST?
Yet MANY think we no longer need that which was promised and have ebcome like the churchj in the book of revaltion which in thier own eyes "had need of nothing"
But in Gods was POOR WRETCHED AND BLIND"

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2003, 05:16:19 PM »

Where are those who exhort one another daily, while it is called today?  Where are those who actually believe it is good and pleasant for brothers to live together in unity, and so they do it?  Where are those who are so close with their brothers and sisters that they say nothing is their own and share everything?  Where are those who live under great grace with a daily sense of awe?

Is this what you and yours are living? or is this the way we should be living?

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
John the Baptist
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2003, 06:10:08 PM »

Hi John here:
One law, with two commandment halves. Love Christ top priority 1st four, & your neighbor second, the last six. Post this, and we are at once first shown the Word FINISHED! (ended!) And then the 'd'evil tells us'ins that you are saved period, & NO WORKS ARE NEEDED Huh OR, YOU ARE A LEGALIST Grin Grin & (AND) FALSE PROPHET!  Cry

And next the same ones want it posted in the government halls & public schools! UNITY?? Only in forced Sunday worship, huh? (The Lord's Day Alliance)
---John

PS: Try Matthew 27:28-31 for todays love, or Matt. 10:25 'brothers'!

BDoggy

Have you heard? I broke up with Mary Jane! :)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2003, 10:51:50 PM »

truthlover-i find your post very interesting. i actually just began reading Acts yesterday. it is probably one of the books of the bible that i am most unfamiliar with, so i decided it was about time i really studied it. one of the first things that i noticed when i began to read it was how the believers of the early church gathered together and enjoyed each other's fellowship on a daily basis, not just once a week, as many believers do today. As Christians, we need to do more than just go to church once a week for an hour and then go home to watch tv, we need to establish godly friendships with one another and spend time in fellowship with one another every day if we want to grow in our relationships with God. this is something that i've realized i have to work on in my own life. thanx for your post, i agree with everything you've said.

"Virtually every theological heresy begins with a misconception of the nature of God."
                                            -Hank Hanegraaff
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2003, 12:50:08 PM »

Truthlover, amen.

John, OUCH! Careful, buddy-using words like false prophet could mean calling someone like the apostle Paul a false prophet, for it is written:

Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law. Romans 3:31

What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? Romans 6:1-2

But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do. James 2:18

As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead. James 2:26

John the Baptist
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2003, 01:51:13 PM »

Hay True..,  'ouch'  Wink Smiley,  (John here)
After you are around here a while you will know that what 'i' was saying was in poking critters in the I,I,I,I,I,'s  like these ones Grin Grin Grin.  (you are familiar with Isa. 12:12-14, right? Some professed Christians on here, (both parties) are accused of even stealing the other's postings? Wow!)

Well, you have them right here on [this] forum. That is who that post was poking at. It is for these spiritual schismatic ones against the Spiritual TRUTHS by Paul! But not just Paul do they botch up, but ALL OF SCRIPTURE as Peter tells us in 2 Peter 3:16-17! How one will ever reach this class of schizophenia spiritual Babylonian ones is beyond me! Check 2 Cor. 4:2.

You remember the Master using parables? Well, who were they for? Surely there is a place for the reverse of this??
"And the Lord said unto Moses, If her father had but [spit in her face, should she not be ashamed seven days?]"

And are these ashamed? Or do you see re/traction from these ones? No, they are in the 'lighted' path of the Acts 5 ones & even are MORE beligrant. (Ananias-Sapphira)

But, anyway, sorrry for your dis/confort! Cry

---John

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2003, 02:06:50 PM »

After you are around here a while you will know that what 'i' was saying was in poking critters in the I,I,I,I,I,'s  like these ones Grin Grin Grin.  (you are familiar with Isa. 12:12-14, right? Some professed Christians on here, (both parties) are accused of even stealing the other's postings? Wow!)

Well, you have them right here on [this] forum. That is who that post was poking at. It is for these spiritual schismatic ones against the Spiritual TRUTHS by Paul! But not just Paul do they botch up, but ALL OF SCRIPTURE as Peter tells us in 2 Peter 3:16-17! How one will ever reach this class of schizophenia spiritual Babylonian ones is beyond me! Check 2 Cor. 4:2.

You remember the Master using parables? Well, who were they for? Surely there is a place for the reverse of this??
"And the Lord said unto Moses, If her father had but [spit in her face, should she not be ashamed seven days?]"

And are these ashamed? Or do you see re/traction from these ones? No, they are in the 'lighted' path of the Acts 5 ones & even are MORE beligrant. (Ananias-Sapphira)

---John

Sorry-I'm not catching on.

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2003, 08:11:52 PM »

John where,

It is hard to know what you are trying to say all the time. It is gobble-di-gook, appreaciate your effort, but you make no sense 90% of the time you post anything.

I would like to address your posts occasionally, but can't, cause can't make heads or tails of what your point is.

Perhaps you can work of this...

Love ya, anyhow,

Petro

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2003, 06:07:14 PM »

John where,

It is hard to know what you are trying to say all the time. It is gobble-di-gook, appreaciate your effort, but you make no sense 90% of the time you post anything.

I would like to address your posts occasionally, but can't, cause can't make heads or tails of what your point is.

Perhaps you can work of this...

Love ya, anyhow,

Petro

DITTO Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2003, 06:31:59 PM »

---John

2 Pet 3:15-16 "And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; {16} As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction."

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2003, 08:51:41 PM »

No one here would steal from others John. The laws of God are written in there heart. You must be mistaken. Grin
geralduk

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2003, 11:48:24 AM »

The difference?

Then it was "THAT which was spoken of by the prophets"
NOW it is this which is spoken of by men.

It was when the HOLY SPIRIT came not only UPON them (as it was of old) but now shall be IN you was there such a move of God.that it turned the world upside fown and defeated thew roman empire.
The reformation with the LITTLE they had turned the world upside down and defeated the roman empire.

But today?

We are in a REVERSE reformation.
AND WHAT MEN CALL "this" is not "THAT"

Every TRUE HOLY revival has come about by a FEW praying and intercedeing for it.
NOT great gatherings stomping thier feet and screaming.
But a few who were willing to WEEP between the alter for the sins of the peopleand thier own.
and were burdened for the lost.
and were not willing to let go untill they besseachingly  got one or die.

The PROMISE of God is that "another comforter shall come..." who will bring all things i have spoken into remeberence.
Yet to those who would rather beleive false teachers rather than God think the day has past and w ehave no need of Him.
Yet was there not a church in the book of revalations who in THIER OWN EYES "had need of nothing"
Yet in Gods was "wretched poor and BLIND"
and needing an eye salve that it might see clearly!
the things that are not what we hope are.

They who HUNGER and THIRST after RIGHTOUSNESS shall not go hungry.
But He has promised to feed.

geralduk

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2003, 12:36:19 PM »

Does a BABY being BORN breathe only ONCE?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the