Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:24:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  !0 Commandments, 'Important' Before, or After
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: !0 Commandments, 'Important' Before, or After  (Read 9056 times)
Silver Surfer

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2004, 11:57:01 AM »

Are the 10 commandments (Exodus 20:3-17), important before conversion, or After conversion ?

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 01:33:00 PM »

Grin

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Sulfurdolphin

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 06:15:08 PM »

They are still important today as they were instituted by God through Moses.
                              New King James

Matthew 5:17 Do not think that I came to destroy the Torah or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly I say to you till heaven and earth pass away one jot or one tittle will be no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.
                        New King James
Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the Torah through the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary we establish the Torah.

Complete Jewish Bible
Romans 10:4 For the goal at which the Torah aims is the Messiah who offers righteousness to everyone who trusts.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004, 09:06:34 PM »

The Ten Cs are 'important' at any time b/c they are from the Mind of God...

Exodus 31: 18   And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, the two tables of the testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God

Wink
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004, 09:09:50 PM »

Also, Deut 9:10  

And Jehovah delivered unto me the two tables of stone written with the finger of God...

Smiley
Raphu

Sojourner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2004, 06:02:33 PM »

Amen, the law is not done away with, but is eternally written upon the hearts of those that love Him.

Ro 7:14  For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Hebrews 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. 7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. 8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
10  For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Jer 31:31 "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah-- 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the LORD. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Hosea 11:10  They shall walk after the LORD: he shall roar like a lion: when he shall roar, then the children shall tremble from the west.
Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2004, 07:18:44 PM »

They are important as summations. The only one that gets singled out is the 4th by some people who haven't thought things through. But remember that they are summations. The details have changed for some, but that's a difficult subject.
Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2004, 08:56:08 PM »

Amen, the law is not done away with, but is eternally written upon the hearts of those that love Him.

Ro 7:14  For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Hebrews 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. 7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. 8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
10  For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Jer 31:31 "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah-- 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the LORD. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
OK, .....so far, so good.
Can you please tell us what law, is refered to in these verses ?
Raphu

Sojourner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2004, 09:53:06 PM »

The law of love. Does that suit you or is my agreeing with everone or the scriptures given not enough? If you want to teach something, please go ahead and do so. I'm all ears.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 10:01:17 PM by Raphu » Logged

Hosea 11:10  They shall walk after the LORD: he shall roar like a lion: when he shall roar, then the children shall tremble from the west.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2004, 03:14:13 AM »

The law of love. Does that suit you or is my agreeing with everone or the scriptures given not enough? If you want to teach something, please go ahead and do so. I'm all ears.

Brother,

He already has, over and over again to the point of nausea. Let me summarize for you and save some time:

1 - You must be perfect and not sin. Sin results in you losing your Salvation.

2 - People who attend church services on Sunday are the devil's work and bear the mark of the beast.

3 - Salvation is by works and obedience of the Law, not Grace and not a Gift. Oh, and Salvation is probational, lost with any sin.

There, you have it in a nutshell, all 110 posts and 30 that were deleted. One might add the great importance of false prophetess Ellen G. White who is a driving force and quoted often. In fact, her volumes for some are more important than the Holy Bible. That's probably the case with Silver Surfer.

Brother, please don't ask him to spew this false teaching again. We're still nauseated with the last round.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Raphu

Sojourner

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2004, 07:20:31 AM »

Thank you very much. I kind of felt like I had fell into the trap of a judge of some sort ready to judge for God. Following the law written on the heart is much better than that written on stone. Resting in Jesus from my own filthy works of righteousness is a much better rest than any day. In eternity, days are not counted, but during the "reign of iron", where Jesus rules over His earthly kingdom, I have read that those nations left that have not submitted themselves to the Lord will have to observe the feast of tabernacles and parts of the old law, but the saints that reign with Him will all have been saved by grace, through the blood and work that Christ alone did for them on the cross. They will obey the law written on their hearts out of love and adoration for having their sins covered and forgotten. Meeting on any day is fine with me, but it will not be something that God will condemn me for. There is no condemnation to those who are in Christ, resting within His work of salvtion, but being condemned is nothing new to Jesus - nor should it be unusual that His followers would be condemned unrightiously.
I'm done and God bless...

« Last Edit: October 26, 2004, 07:26:43 AM by Raphu » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2004, 11:15:52 AM »

AMEN BROTHER RAPHU!!

I give thanks for the perfect Sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross for us. I also give thanks that we can yield to HIS Righteousness instead of going about trying to establish our own. In short:

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT!

Love In Christ,
Tom

MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2004, 08:16:54 PM »

I will add a hardy - "preach it brother Raphu!!!"

Amen and Amen and Amen  Cool

Shalom, MalkyEL

Be mindful of the prisoners, as having been bound with them; of those ill-treated, as also being in the body yourselves.  Hebrews 13:3
freefromsin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2004, 01:08:56 AM »

I would say we are under the law of Christ now.  The Old Covenant law has passed away.  We how have the perfect law of liberity, the royal law or the law of Christ.  This law is layed out in the New Covanent.

Visit Church of God, Holiness Articles, Internet Radio & Gospel Trumpet magizine.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2004, 04:56:24 AM »

I would say we are under the law of Christ now.  The Old Covenant law has passed away.  We how have the perfect law of liberity, the royal law or the law of Christ.  This law is layed out in the New Covanent.

You get "TWO"Thumbs DOWN

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the