Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:29:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Through faith in Christ Jesus
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Through faith in Christ Jesus  (Read 2053 times)
super kid

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2004, 01:30:41 PM »

But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed.  Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.  But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.  For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.  And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. Galatians 3:22-29

The gospel is good news of how we are justified by faith and have become sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. But to be saved is not only to repent of our sins and transgression and to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins but to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit as well as His Spiritual gifts including wisdom, knowledge, faith and tongues and to live and walk by the same Holy Spirit. To be saved is not to keep a set of rules or to conduct bible studies. God is still on the throne.  He still has all power, and He still saves, heals and delivers all of those who will yield to Him.  Nothing is too hard for the Lord.  All good and perfect gifts come from God.  Hence the Bible tells us in Hebrews 4:16 that we can come boldly to the throne of grace.  The blood of Jesus brings us nigh to God, and we can approach the throne any time we have a need. God is good, and He is faithful to those who put their faith and trust in Him.  God has all things needed for soul, mind and body.  We need not go lacking for anything for God is more than will to save us. Everything we need can be supplied through the divine blood of Jesus.   We can expect God to move and bring deliverance for all things needed.  We can thank and praise Him in advance for what He is going to do.  There is none as mighty as He, and He really does love us!

The Holy Spirit, the Helper, has come to be to us all that Jesus was to His disciples. He has come to guide us into all truths and to give us God’s best in everything. He wants to be a real close friend and Helper to us just like Jesus was to His disciples.  He is the Third Person of the Trinity, the personality in the order of the Godhead.  He is in charge of the affairs of the kingdom of God and is the Chief Executor of divine programs on the earth.  He is the Motivator, Energizer and Operator of every revealed plan or vision from God.  He is the Revealer of the hidden treasures of the kingdom of God.  He holds the key to the inheritance of the saints of God. He is the most valuable asset to Christian living.  He is the central figure in any breakthrough in life. He is the only One worth leaning on. He has come to reveal wisdom, knowledge, abilities, enablements and mysteries to us to show us our significance, value and power.  He has come to reveal our God-nature to us and cause us to live in a new dimension.  He has come to comfort us! He’s our invisible Partner, who causes things to work for us that won’t work for others.  He gives us the mind of Christ! Hence we are to trust Him with everything big or small and aren’t to do anything without Him!  

The Holy Spirit uses the word of God to instruct, minister and reveal truth to us.  His wisdom is supernatural and as we yield to His wisdom and power we become successful and prosperous and victorious. He pours the love of God into our hearts (Romans 5:5) and enables us to live a life of love towards God and others. However He can be grieved when there is envy, bitterness, strife, foolishness, pride or unforgiveness. He can be grieved when we reject the truth or allow ourselves to be deceived. Yes, these things prevent Him from giving us the answers we need for our life. But though His anointing and giftings we can do all kinds of things.

God has created His people not to live by bread alone but by ever word that proceeds from the mouth of God including new manna each new day. Yesterday’s word becomes stale and we need each day the new word breathed upon and made real by the Spirit of God. God who is a jealous God has also ordained that He would be their source of total supply, not others.

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 03:01:03 PM »

FAITH OF CHRIST

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=22;action=display;threadid=5327

Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Eph 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Phil 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

[size=52]
ALL OF THESE ARE FROM THE KING JAMES VERSION.  ALL THE OTHERS, SO CALLED VERSIONS, SAY OUR FAITH IN HIM ... PUTTING THE EMPHASES ON MAN NOT ON CHRIST.  IT WAS HIS FAITH THAT GOT US OUR SALVATION  NOT OURS![/size]

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 03:07:03 PM »

Quote from: Berean_ on October 10, 2004, 12:46:56 PM

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=22;action=display;threadid=5327

Our faith/faithfulness couldn't save a fly. It was the faith/faithfulness of Christ that He lived a perfect sinless life, that took Him to the cross to bear our sins for us. It is on His righteousness, His faith/faithfulness that we can stand before God, it is not on our works or righteousness, our faith/faithfulness, as we fail in all of these.

<Smiley))><
super kid

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 04:20:12 PM »

The King James Bible is not the original bible. It's only a translation of copies of different parts of the bible that were written in Hebrew and in Greek which were fourth generation copies at best. We don't any autographs or orginals.

But the bottom line is if you take Paul's epistles out of the New Testament it doesn't change our salvation one bit. But if you don't heed the voice of the Holy Spirit then you are in deep trouble. Paul isn't important to salvation at all but the Holy Spirit is!

Fundamentalist religions make this choice because they uniformly place a high priority on doctrinal conformity, with such force that it takes higher priority than love, compassion and service.

Indeed, many fundamentalists are so caught up in doctrinal seriousness, that love, service and compassion seem scarcely to even be a part of their thinking. As one correspondent said to me regarding a certain Christian sect's converts, "Its like they go in and surgically remove any sense of love or any sense of humor."

This emphasis on doctrinal conformity seems to be the result of the belief in the requirement of absolute conformity to doctrine to achieve salvation. Yet at the same time, many will also officially claim that simple acceptance of that sect's doctrine is sufficient for salvation. This dichotomy is often seen in the same sect; some of the fundamentalist Christian sects being good examples. The contradiction seems to go unnoticed or if it is noticed, it is ignored.

It seems that another facet of fundamentalist thinking is belief in the correctness of their thinking. Invariably, they will make the claim that they are right to the exclusion of others, even all others, and that they, and they alone offer the path to salvation.

Fundamentalist religions regard their missions with great seriousness. Many claim that the salvation of the world depends on them, and some will seriously contend that the earth will end without them.

It is this overwhelming seriousness about religion that seems to be one of the hallmarks of the fundamentalist. He is concerned not only with his own conformity to doctrine, but the conformity of the rest of society to it, too. Many fundamentalists will not hesitate to intervene in the political process to ensure that society is forced to conform to the behaviors their world view requires, if not accept that world view. The belief that they are right, without any question, justifies, in their own minds, taking upon themselves the right to impose their point of view, by force if neccessary. An example is the attempt, by some Christian fundamentalist groups to shut down, by force, abortion clinics that are operating in accordance with the law. Some have gone so far as to threaten and intimidate employees, and even murder doctors working there.

http://www.bidstrup.com/religion.htm

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 05:49:04 PM »

Smiley

<Smiley))><
super kid

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 09:13:41 PM »

"to make all men see" does it mean that women are left out?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2004, 12:08:40 AM »

kid,

Where are you cutting and pasting your material from? Please go back and state the source and author on each post and give them proper credit.

felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2004, 01:49:43 AM »

"to make all men see" does it mean that women are left out?

For someone who is supposedly well versed in scripture why would you be asking such a question? There are many verses in scripture that refer to plural of all men and women with the male gender such as:
"And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father."

This is also consistent with many languages (example - spanish...ellos where the "o" is masculine is use to refer to a group of both male and female or just a group of males whereas ellas where the "a" is feminie is used to refer to a group of only females).

I agree with "Through Faith in Jesus Christ." However, after Brother Love introduced that its the Faith OF Jesus Christ, I did not see how you connected fundamentalist religion to the KJV from your rebuke (which after getting an idea from BEP, I now seriously doubt that it is truly "yours").

Brother Love,
I did not see your post on Faith of Christ before. I happen to disagree with your interpretation. What would you make of

Galatians 3:26   For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus

which is also from the KJV?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2004, 02:01:40 AM by felix102 » Logged
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004, 07:41:09 AM »

Quote from superkid:
"YES I CAN THINK FOR MY SELF

If I didn't write the article I do give the source and in this case I posted it

http://www.bidstrup.com/religion.htm

Ummmm...... An excerpt from the author's blog:
"The person sitting next to me was a Catholic nun from El Salvador. Between her broken English and my broken Spanish, we managed to communicate fairly well. She was sweet and very pleasant traveling companion. I never did tell her that I am a rather militant atheist."
http://www.bidstrup.com/blog.htm

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2004, 07:48:21 AM »

Wow! This Bidstrup guy has a bizarre blog.

"There's an ad this month for a community college in Saudi that is looking for someone to teach telecommunications. I'd be well qualified to do that, but I'm a gay man and I'm not sure that the birthplace of Wahhabism is the place for a gay man to be. So I'll just continue on with my move to Costa Rica. Oh well, their loss."

"Got an email from a young teen lesbian. She is indicating that she has a friend, also a lesbian, who is, unfortunately, infected with the fundamentalist Christian meme. Needless to say, that friend is all messed up. "

http://www.bidstrup.com/arc20030501.htm

super kid

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2004, 08:16:35 AM »

SO THAT IS WHY YOU WANTED TO KNOW THE SOURCE OF THE QUOTES?
Character assasinate the messanger because you don't like the message just like they did to Jesus? You are no different than the murderers of Jesus as you cannot deal with substance of the issue about that Fundamentalists like yourselves  don't have faith in Christ or of Christ but faith in Apostle Paul who is dead and gone!
SO DEAL WITH THE SUBSTANCE OF THE ISSUE AND DON'T GIVE DUNG?
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2004, 01:11:12 PM »

That's why God is God and you are not.  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 07:26:04 PM by sincereheart » Logged

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2004, 01:15:13 PM »

SO THAT IS WHY YOU WANTED TO KNOW THE SOURCE OF THE QUOTES?
Character assasinate the messanger because you don't like the message just like they did to Jesus? You are no different than the murderers of Jesus as you cannot deal with substance of the issue about that Fundamentalists like yourselves  don't have faith in Christ or of Christ but faith in Apostle Paul who is dead and gone!
SO DEAL WITH THE SUBSTANCE OF THE ISSUE AND DON'T GIVE DUNG?

Main Entry: pla·gia·rize
transitive senses :to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source
intransitive senses : to commit literary theft : present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source

I accept Jesus Christ as the Messenger and I accept His Message.  Smiley
Your message, however, is from a source that completely lacks credibility.  Smiley

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2004, 01:29:05 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

Could someone please call super kid's mom so she can take him to the wood shed. I doubt that he will be with us long.

Love In Christ,
Tom

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2004, 01:34:06 PM »

Quote from blackeyedpeas:
Could someone please call super kid's mom so she can take him to the wood shed. I doubt that he will be with us long.

Someone please tell Allinall that I'm re-thinking our previous debate.  Wink

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the